Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> So You Wanna Be a Writer?

The Make Hillary Stop Tinkering Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

When will Hill stop tinkering?
As soon as she sees this thread
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
In a week
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
In a month
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
NEVER, you Pinko Commie!
81%
 81%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 16

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Hillary

You fucking had to do that, didn't you, Think? I wrote that in about 5 minutes at WORK.

Is this payback for telling everyone you're a gay Canadian?

Post Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:31 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
John

There once was a woman named Hillary
Whose book the public just had to see
But Hil said fuck off and die
Not in a pig's eye
I won't even give you a summary

Give up the book, Hillary!

Post Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:46 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
john palmer

I'm with Hilary.

I "finished" a novel two years ago. Sent it out. Got nowhere. Started writing a second one. Looked at the first again to see if I could tighten up the first few chapters and senmd it out again -- I'd put SO much work into it the first time.

Well...

I discovered how little I had known when I wrote it, and what a crock of ka ka it truly was -- backi to revising I go. Maybe I'll get it right this time.

Tinker away, Hilary.

John Palmer

Post Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:44 am   
Hillary

Palmer can stay.

The rest of you Commies can go suck an egg.

So here's my solemn vow. Lauren, I will get this thing printed at Kinkos NO LATER than Friday, and then you can do your wicked voodoo dance all over it. All right? All right.

Post Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:46 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
John

There once was a gal name of Hillary
Said Friday, my book I will give to thee
Lauren said have a care
It had better be there
If not, you'll be locked in a pillory

Please help me! I can't stop thinking in these damn limericks!

Post Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:21 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
palmer

Hillary wrote:
Palmer can stay.

The rest of you Commies can go suck an egg.

So here's my solemn vow. Lauren, I will get this thing printed at Kinkos NO LATER than Friday, and then you can do your wicked voodoo dance all over it. All right? All right.

Okay, Hillary, now I'm really, really curious. I looked in fan fiction for something of yours and saw nothing. Now, that just isn't write, er, right. Please post something. Please?

Curious and/or as hell,

John Palmer

P.S. - that stuff you wrote to Lauren ddoesn't count.

P.P.S. - can I still stay?

Post Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:31 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Lauren

Now, that's odd. She did have something up in the fan fiction forum. I think she'd actually posted the Prologue of The Endlessly Tinkered, and another piece involving the backstory for one of the characters (a piece that isn't in the book, as far as I know).

Hill, did you pull those?

Oh, and it's been Friday for eight hours and fifty eight minutes. Tick. Tick. Tick.

Post Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:56 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Hillary

I'll be posting  Reply with quote  

a short story and the beginnings of another thing up there shortly. Just haven't gotten around to it.

Both of them are raw - like no editing - but you'll be able to see the things that spew from my mind.

Post Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:32 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Lauren

Friday has come and gone, and there is an empty space on my desk where a manuscript might have been.

Sez Hill, "I'll print it Saturday." We shall see. Saturday is almost half over.

Although, I think we finally broke her last night, so maybe - maybe - it will really be in my hands tonight.

I'll keep y'all posted.

*ducks for cover from Hill's return fire*

Post Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:36 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
John

Spent her weekend locked up in a pillory
Her public was pissed
Twas a deadline she missed
So she spent the day admiring the scenery

Oh God! Make it stop, make it stop! No more limericks .... whimper.

Post Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:50 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
palmer

John wrote:
Spent her weekend locked up in a pillory
Her public was pissed
Twas a deadline she missed
So she spent the day admiring the scenery

Oh God! Make it stop, make it stop! No more limericks .... whimper.

There once was a poster named John
Whose limmericks went on and on.
For him they wore thin,
Which led him to sin:
He told his own muse to be gone.

John Palmer

Post Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:18 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Hillary

HEY PINKO COMMIE!  Reply with quote  

Isn't there something you'd like to share with the board?

Post Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:08 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Lauren

Why, certainly.  Reply with quote  

Sure, Hill. Sure I do.

After finally breaking down and admitting that she really wasn't doing anything other than moving words around, Hillary, on Friday night, finally agreed to really, swear-to-god, get the manuscript to me on Saturday.

She didn't.

Nor did she on Sunday.

However, on my desk, right now, are the first 400 pages of the manuscript. Out of eight hundred. She claims that she'll print out the second half here tomorrow night (as her excuse for delay over the weekend was finding a place to print it and I finally asked my husband if his printer would be able to handle it).

But, y'know. I'll believe it when she's here in my cellar tomorrow night printing. Because let's think about this - she "finished" the book a month ago, and went back and tinkered with - wait, what was that? - the first 400 pages. Which she finally stopped playing with on Friday. Which have finally been printed out.

I think John needs to give her another limerick for encouragement. Just so she doesn't chicken out and hole herself up with the second 400 pages, muttering something about harpies and her precious.

Post Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:35 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Ferrit Leggings

In case you are interested........  Reply with quote  

http://www.penguinputnam.com/static/packages/us/about/contact.htm

Post Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:27 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Ferrit Leggings

fllip down and you should see that they are accepting sci fi and fantasy. They were at the last time i checked.

Post Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:28 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: