Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> So You Wanna Be a Writer?

The Make Hillary Stop Tinkering Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

When will Hill stop tinkering?
As soon as she sees this thread
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
In a week
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
In a month
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
NEVER, you Pinko Commie!
81%
 81%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 16

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Hillary

Hey thanks, Ferritt.

That was downright neighborly of you.

Smile

Post Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:55 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ferrit Leggings

No problem.

Post Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:12 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Lauren

Final tally: thirty four days before she finally broke and our harassing paid off. I now have the last two chapters in my inbox. Should it turn out that she pulled a big ol' switch and filled pages and pages with "Lauren is a harpy" so she can insert text later, I'll let you know.

John, I think a celebratory haiku is in order.

Now, where's my box of pens, woman?

Post Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:03 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Hillary

all work and no play make hillary a dull girl all work and no play make hillary a dull girl all work and no play make hillary a dull girl all work and no play make hillary a dull girl all work and no play make hillary a dull girl all work and no play make hillary a dull girl all work and no play make hillary a dull girl all work and no play make hillary a dull girl all work and no play make hillary a dull girl all work and no play make hillary a dull girl all work and no play make hillary a dull girl all work and no play make hillary a dull girl all work and no play make hillary a dull girl all work and no play make hillary a dull girl all work and no play make hillary a dull girl all work and no play make hillary a dull girl all work and no play make hillary a dull girl all work and no play make hillary a dull girl all work and no play make hillary a dull girl

I'M GONNA BASH YOUR FRICKIN' BRAINS IN!

Oh wait. You just want pens?

Post Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:08 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
chris
Site Admin

Hillary wrote:
all work and no play make hillary a dull girl all work and no play make hillary a dull girl all work and no play make hillary a dull girl all work and no play make hillary a dull girl all work and no play make hillary a dull girl all work and no play make hillary a dull girl all work and no play make hillary a dull girl all work and no play make hillary a dull girl all work and no play make hillary a dull girl all work and no play make hillary a dull girl all work and no play make hillary a dull girl all work and no play make hillary a dull girl all work and no play make hillary a dull girl all work and no play make hillary a dull girl all work and no play make hillary a dull girl all work and no play make hillary a dull girl all work and no play make hillary a dull girl all work and no play make hillary a dull girl all work and no play make hillary a dull girl

I'M GONNA BASH YOUR FRICKIN' BRAINS IN!

Oh wait. You just want pens?

Dude, you cut and pasted that. And, in the words of Pope Leo the Great to Attilla the Hun at the Gates of Rome, I say to your kitty avatar:

"nice hat"

Post Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:21 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Hillary

Quote:
Dude, you cut and pasted that.

What, is that cheating or something?

Quote:
And, in the words of Pope Leo the Great to Attilla the Hun at the Gates of Rome, I say to your kitty avatar:

"nice hat"

And you can thank the Japanese for the avatar. I would *NEVER* do this to one of my felines (they'd claw my goddamned eyes out). When I saw this, though, I almost pissed myself laughing. I just had to share with the rest of you messed up people.

Post Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:37 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
chris
Site Admin

[quote="Hillary"]
Quote:
Dude, you cut and pasted that.

What, is that cheating or something?

[quote]

I mean the "All work and no play makes etc" part was cut and pasted. The truely insane type it all out, that's all I'm saying. So yes, it's cheating. No thorazine for you.

Post Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:16 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Hillary

So . . .  Reply with quote  

Two years later, after cutting it down from 215K words and 800 pages, it's done. Final work count is 173,879. Final page count is 687.

The monster has landed.

I've done about 4 trillion edits, Lauren's done one, and yeah. I think I'm supposed to try and sell this now or something.

Which is the hardest part. And I thought having the patience to write the fucker was tough.

*YIKES*

Smile

Post Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:41 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mister

Congratulations, Hil. You've done something I can't even come close to, that most people who aspire to never do.

Now sell the darn thing and buy me a cookie.

Heck, buy us all cookies, I'm not selfish.

Post Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:17 am   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Tal

Soooo can folks from the board read the Hillary goodness? Smile

Post Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:40 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
conspiracies unlimited

what's TINKERING???
It's time to separate the awkwardly feminine from the possibly canadian

Post Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:38 pm   View user's profile Send private message
John

conspiracies unlimited wrote:
what's TINKERING???

Tinkering is what Lauren and Hillary do on their days off. It is kind of a New England, pagan, ultra-goth, godess worship, spell casting that goes on around Boston in your seedier goth hang-outs.

It starts with the marking out of a ritual circle. The 4 directions are then marked out, in this case North: known as Gloucester (Glossta), South: known as Cape Cod, East:known as Southie (don't ask), and West: known as Worcester (Woosta).

The four directions will then be associated with the four sacred elements; Earth represented by a Fenway Frank, Air represented by an unshaken can of whipped cream (otherwise known as a whippet), Fire represented by some kamakaze and szambuca shooters, and water represented by ...um...some more kamakaze and sambuca shooters.

Once the spell is started, the two will pray to their gods, Barry and Elliot, and commence trying to convert the rest of the heathen masses over to the philosophy of love, peace, friendship, and affordable leather furniture.

there you go. That's tinkering.

Whatever you do, do not attempt to tinker alone. Always have a professional tinkerer guide you along your journey.

Razz Razz Razz

Post Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:17 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lauren

Quote:
From conspiracies unlimited:what's TINKERING???

tinker, n 1: a person who enjoys fixing and experimenting with machines and their parts

The backstory: Hillary has spent the last couple of years writing her first book. She went through several drafts, changing and fixing and editing. Which is fine. But then it became less editing for clarity and more switching the order of words or finding synonyms so that she wouldn't have to hand it over to her first editor - me. (The full version is elsewhere in this thread, I think). The bottom line is, she wasn't really making any progress in editing and cleaning up. She was really just fooling around, dithering, if you will, because she didn't want to let her baby go.

But we finally beat her down, broke her will, crushed her spirit - um, I mean, we finally, lovingly convinced her to hand it over. And I read it and covered it in red pen, and gave it back. And this time, she put it away for a while, and when she looked at it again she stopped examining every sentence and actually made constructive changes.

And there was much rejoicing.

Huzzah! Pass those flaming szambucas!

(And John, for the record, Hill may worship Barry and Elliot. My god, for the moment, is that creepy little yellow AOL guy. My god has no face. Or hands. Or feet. Um.

Post Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:26 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Shecky

"My god has no face"

That's a short story waiting to happen!

Post Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:56 am   
Lauren

Heh I was thinking that m'self, as I wrote it. Sounds sort of Lovecraftian, or maybe Ellison...ian...amese...ish. Mayhaps I'll come up with something... You could say I'll tinker with the idea. Twisted Evil

Post Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:46 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: