Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> A Dirty Job

About A Dirty Job....

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
jersmom

About A Dirty Job....  Reply with quote  

This is my first post to this site, although I am a huge fan! At the time A Dirty Job came out, my son, Jeremy, was hospitalized in San Francisco. As it turned out, he was diagnosed with metastatic prostate cancer; he was 35 at the time. Auspicious timing for this book! The past year, like A Dirty Job, was extremely wonderful and terrible. At this juncture, Jeremy's diagnosis is advanced hormone refractory metastatic prostate cancer. For all of you out there: although a PSA test is recommended for men at 50, request it at 30 and every year after that. One blood test doesn't mean much, but increased over time, it's the best diagnostic tool out there right now to find early prostate cancer.....BEFORE it metastasizes!!!!! My desire and plan is that, like the book, the child carries the flame forward; the parents die first......that is the way I believe it should be. Thanks to Mr. Moore not only for the book, but for his dedication of it to hospice nurses! xo, Jersmom Cool

Post Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:38 pm   View user's profile Send private message
knikkki

Sending my best wishes to you and Jeremy. (And yeah ... Dirty Job rocks)

Post Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:47 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
jersmom

A Dirty Job, etc.  Reply with quote  

Thanks! Looking forward to YOU SUCK, which I will start soon......re-reading Bloodsucking Fiends first, since I read it so long ago! Wish YOU SUCK was bigger......it looks like a very quick read....Jersmom Very Happy Razz

Post Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:49 pm   View user's profile Send private message
LostInWalmart

Jersmom, A Dirty Job wasn't the first of AG's books I read, but it really touched me with its dealing of death. My dad died a couple of years before I read it, and I found it to be helpful in re-arranging how I thought about death in general. It's corny, and it's just a book, but whatever gets you through the night.

Best to you and your son.

LIW

Post Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:02 am   View user's profile Send private message
jersmom

A Dirty Job.....your Dad  Reply with quote  

LIW, Thanks so much and I agree......whatever gets you through the night gets you through the following day! Not corny at all......not sure I like the pain, but at least the spoonful of humor gets it down.....
Jersmom

Post Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:20 am   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: