Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> A Dirty Job

FAN'S PETITION FOR DIRTY JOB 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Beta Male Mike

A Dirty Job 2 would be, in the words of Cartman, TOTALLY TITS!

Post Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:28 pm   View user's profile Send private message
FiFi21Cool

ahahahahaha

Post Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:30 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FiFi21Cool

So is there anyone else up for this? Smile

Post Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:01 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
coypup

Another book by Mr. Moore? Go ahead, twist my arm  Reply with quote  

Sure, if he writes it, I'll read it. I liked 'A Dirty Job'; & it'd be interesting to see what Sophie's like when she's older.
Heck, I'd buy a copy of the 'Big Book of Death' if they'd publish it. Cool

Post Sun May 06, 2007 8:08 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
FiFi21Cool

i would too lol
i would like to see what happens to charlie's body too or well his soul

Post Sun May 06, 2007 8:12 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
polkadot

I'd read ADJ 2.

I haven't really come across a character in any of Moore's books that aren't sequel worthy, I'm always inerested in "what happens next."

I would assume ADJ2 would be about sophie, and that could be a problem. It has been my understanding, through my reading comprehension, that Moore's books, for the most part, have had a chronologically accurate feeling to them. Even lamb was from the account of (forgot the angel's name, and donated the book to my ships library for others to enjoy) during present time....he was sitting in a modern era hotel room.

In order for sophie to be the main character in the storyline, I think she would atleast need to be a teenager for it to 'believable'. Since ADJ came out only a couple years back, the book would have to take place "in the future" for Sophie to be a teenager.

Granted....BSF was written somewhere about a decade or so ago, and You Suck takes place almost immediately afterwards. Since Jody, in You Suck, stops by at Asher's at the time when Charlie is still human, you could assume that ADJ takes place at the same time as BSF/YS and that Sophie would be a young teenager in 2007.

Guess that's the beauty of Moore's works, no matter when you read them, they all seem contemporary. I just don't want Moore to get ahead of himself Very Happy

Post Wed May 09, 2007 9:05 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
FiFi21Cool

Well I think Moore would write about what happens to Charlies soul and maybe how he gets back together with his loving daughter....I'm sure all of us would like that and what happens with Lily and Minty

Post Wed May 09, 2007 9:09 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Darquewillow_Lily

BSF was written in the mid-nineties, so we could say that Bloodsucking Fiends, You Suck, and A Dirty Job all take place in the nineties, meaning Sophie was born around 1995, making her about twelve in 2007. In a few years' time she'll be about Abby's age and ready for a book of her own. That would, however, cause problems with the little details in the later books (the first one that comes to mind is Abby listening to her mp3 player, definately not around in the nineties).

So our choices are:
1. Sophie a teenager, circa 2010. Screw continuity, but I've always wanted to see what she would be like as a teenager. Or,

2. Charlie/Charlie's soul finding a body and raising his Luminatus daughter, and experiencing some Audrey nookie.

Either way, A Dirty Job 2 would be awesome!

Post Thu May 10, 2007 9:47 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
FiFi21Cool

i'd go with the second one then maybe Moore will make a 3rd book and its about Sophie

Post Fri May 11, 2007 4:29 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The_Eternal_Lost_Boy

I'd Love ADJ2! ADJ it was my first Moore Novel I've read, I bought four more imedtly after finnishing and am now on my second Moore book.

I think Moore is such a great writer he'd be able to make a sequal that dosn't suck! of course there are some peretty good Sequal books...maybe I' thinking off movies Laughing

Post Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:10 am   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FiFi21Cool

OMG i know! ADJ was my first book too! Very Happy
i feel the same way

Post Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:16 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The_Eternal_Lost_Boy

FiFi21Cool wrote:
i feel the same way

0I'm glad someone agrees Very Happy

Post Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:44 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FiFi21Cool

The_Eternal_Lost_Boy wrote:
FiFi21Cool wrote:
i feel the same way

0I'm glad someone agrees Very Happy

lol yeah

Post Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:45 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The_Eternal_Lost_Boy

someone should tell Chris about this topic Very Happy

Post Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:55 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FiFi21Cool

yeah they should!

Post Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:56 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: