Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Springsteen as Governor

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Soldier in Middle East

Springsteen as Governor  Reply with quote  

Hey, if Fred Grandy and Fred Thompson can do it, I don't see a reason The Boss can't make the leap from entertainment to politics. Unless there's some rule about your name being Fred. I'll look into that angle.

Some of us active duty folks are actually in favor of a change in leadership- more of us than you think.

Thanks for the message board, Chris. Great stuff.

Post Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:25 am   
Lauren

You had me with President Springsteen, but what seals the deal is VP Stewart. This could work. Would we call him Mr. President, or Mr. Boss?

And now Born to Run will be playing through my head until sometime tonight. Not bad.

Post Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:37 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Lib

President Boss  Reply with quote  

I can dig it. Cool

Post Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:41 am   View user's profile Send private message
Kurt

Actually it's like 14 months, the unexpired term of Gay McGreevey (sp?)
... but it's enough, and Govenor of New Jersey, even for 14 months, is more demanding than being the Governor of Texas ... about the only thing THAT job requires (other than commuting and pardoning prisoners ... oh yeah, he did a lot of that) is cutting the ribbon at the local mall.

But we know the Boss' policy on War (What is it good for?).
On the environment ... (okay, so I don't know the words to The River).
Heath Care ... (She was blinded by the light ...)

And while Jon Stewart has the stones (so to speak), Craig Kilborn is looking for a new gig ... Secretary of Jump Shots or something. Ah, Press Secretary
(Full Court that is ...)

And Bruce ... decide quickly, before we have another of the cast of Predator answering to "Mr. Govenor?" Well except maybe, Elipidia Carillo ... she's cute (and her character survived the movie). And I did see Richard Chavez ("Poncho Rameriz" another survivor) at a convention, he's got some stones.

And Bruce ... please, absolutely before somebody from Predator 2 runs.

Post Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:23 pm   
ken
Site Admin

I'm a Jersey boy and...  Reply with quote  

I'm all choked up.

And I don't mean in the way McGreevey (apparently) does.

Post Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:31 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Fangirl

RE: A Modest Proposal  Reply with quote  

You forgot a few very important Democratic Jerseyians who are great political supporters...Bon Jovi. Jon, Ritchie and the guys need to be in there somewhere.

Post Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:30 pm   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: