Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Other Games

WORST SONG EVER
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
sgt_steve

Ginjg wrote:
"Red Rubber Ball" and "Seasons In The Sun" are top contenders
"Seasons In The Sun" just makes me want to hurl, but IMHO it's supposed to be stupid and infantile.

I still find it surprising that "Red Rubber Ball" was written by Paul Simon. Of course, that's back when he and Garfunkel were trying to be the Everly Brothers.

Post Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:16 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Vahlee

Can I just go with Anything by Linkin park?

http://www.upnorthgeorgia.org

Post Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:34 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
NME

Hm, the issue with this is of course...classifying certain 3-5 minutes snips of aural pollution they play on the radio or i hear coming from kids cars as "music" to therefore be able to classify them as songs.

But i remember a certain song* about a fellow from a non-affluent neighborhood wanting a "hood rat chick".

* it hurt me to type that abuse of language was a song.

Post Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:16 am   View user's profile Send private message
zendao42

Let me just add anything that Amy Lee sings-
her voice literally makes me wanna puke! Evil or Very Mad

Post Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:21 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
NME

I had to google who that was but I agree. Someone tried to tell me they were more metal than Kenny G once but i think we all know that's a lie.

Post Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:26 am   View user's profile Send private message
zendao42

NME wrote:

I had to google who that was but I agree. Someone tried to tell me they were more metal than Kenny G once but i think we all know that's a lie.

Had that shit snuck up on me twice at the same place-
& they wonder why I don't hang out anymore... Razz

Post Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:00 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
walk

i gotta vent  Reply with quote  

start things off with a lewis black quote
“MTV is to music as KFC is to chicken. MTV is video, and video goes where? In your eye, music goes in your ear. Ear eye, eye ear, big fucking difference! Music is like a drug, when you hear it you have a vision, and that vision can change over time or remain the same. If you listen to a song and get an image in your head, and then you go home and watch mtv and the image they're showing is the same as the one in your head, kill yourself. You're better off coming back as a lobster.”

DanaMichelle's choice of girlfriend by avril is definitly on my list of songs i can't fuckin stand right now. in a sickening turn of events i'm chaperoning a group of kids going to america from japan and thats the fuckin song they choose to dance at their official welcome party. so now every week i have to hear that song at least 5 times which is 10 times too many. i drug my heels and tried like hell to convince them to change it but they won't listen.

anyways. the number one song i can't stand is that celin dion piece of crap from titanic. the first time i heard it i was so busy yelling at the radio i almost crashed so not only is it dumb, it tried to kill me with its stupidity. i mean seriously how could no one in the studio of said, "thats kinda a dumb fuck line" when she said "love was when i loved you"?

"there's just one more thing.... it's been emotional." lock stock and 2 smoking barrels

Post Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:34 pm   View user's profile Send private message
JustAGirl

(You're) Having My Baby - Paul Anka

{shudder}

Everything by Shania Twain. My radio career included 4 years at a country station. I just don't get her.

Ah yes, I remember You Light Up My Life... 1977. Man, radio played the hell out of that song. I had banished it from my brain. Thanks for bringing it back.

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:30 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Butch the Vizsla

Karma Karma Karma Karma Karma Chameleon by the dude who was sweeping streets (by a court order) in NYC last year.

Post Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:11 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
JohnQRotten

sgt_steve wrote:
Ginjg wrote:
"Red Rubber Ball" and "Seasons In The Sun" are top contenders
"Seasons In The Sun" just makes me want to hurl, but IMHO it's supposed to be stupid and infantile.

I still find it surprising that "Red Rubber Ball" was written by Paul Simon. Of course, that's back when he and Garfunkel were trying to be the Everly Brothers.

"Seasons In the Sun" was awesome when done by Nirvana. Check out their "Into The Black" box set.

"Ballad of Rocky Racoon" by the Beatles was pretty bad. Also, "God Bless the Beasts and Children" by the Carpenters is pretty awful.

Post Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:46 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Watching The Wheels

"Christmas Shoes" by Newsong.
Most nauseating song ever. It's about a child who wants to buy his mom who's dying of cancer a new pair of shoes so "she can look beautiful when she meets jesus tonight." But here's the kicker: the child doesn't have enough money. So the kid explains the situation to the cashier, pays, and...

He counted pennies for what seemed like years
Then the cashier said, "Son, there's not enough here"

Cashier: Sorry, orphan. You're, like, 8 cents short.
Child: Bu- bu- my mom! She's dying.
Cashier: Sorry. Don't care. 8 cents short.
Child: Can't you take some pennies from the "Leave a penny" jar?
Cashier (sticking fingers in his ears): la-la-la-la-la-la

Eventually the singer pays for part of the shoes (only *after* being asked by the kid to donate some money, despite witnessing the whole scene), and in the process discovers "that God had sent that little boy to remind me just what Christmas is all about."

'kay. If you say so. Apparently God's cool with offing random people to make a point about x-mas. Linus just gave speeches in an auditorium...

And they play it 9823462 times during the x-mas season.
This song makes me hate Christmas.

Post Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:01 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
cassandrova

There are lots of songs guaranteed to drive me screaming from the room.

Basically, anything by that Spanish singing duo from the Seventies, Baccara.

Not only did they force the odiously smug Yes Sir, I Can Boogie on us...

Mister, your eyes are full of hesitation
Sure makes me wonder, if you know what you're looking for
Baby, I wanna keep my reputation
I'm a sensation, you try me once, you're back for more
Ohhhhhhh
Yes sir, I can boogie
But I need a certain song
I can boogie, boogie boogie
All night long

They then compounded their sins by following it up with the equally horrible Sorry I'm a Lady...

Hello stranger
You're a danger to the law and order here
They don't like men like you in our city
You're too pretty, cool and witty
You're a real bad company
I should have stayed away from you today
Sorry I'm a lady
Sorry I'm a lady
I would rather be, rather be
Just a little shady
Just a little shady
Naughty dynamite, dynamite

But the one song that is guaranteed to have me wanting to drive icepicks into each ear is Peter Starstedt's vile Where Do You Go To My Lovely. It isn't just the ghastly name-dropping lyrics and the bogus cosmopolitan air of the thing. It's the cheesy accordion backing and Starstedt's laughably stupid fake French accent. Especially when he lets out that patently insincere little "ah-ha-ha-ha!" halfway through the song.

Your name, it is heard in high places
You know the Aga Khan
He sent you a racehorse for Christmas
And you keep it just for fun, for a laugh, a-ha-ha-ha

Mad

Last edited by cassandrova on Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:52 am   View user's profile Send private message
Brenda

Be afraid be very afraid  Reply with quote  

Since Steve already got that friggin melting cake song I'll contribute "In The Year 2525" by Zager and Evans and "Afternoon Delight" by Starland Vocal Band

These were called DMOs or Dreaded Midnight Oldies by one of our late night DJs.

One needs to be careful however one person DMO is another's guilty pleasure. Anyone for "Dancing Queen"?

Post Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:28 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
zendao42

I always heard them called "Oldies from Hell"- complete with fire crackling in the background... Twisted Evil

I'll take anything by ABBA & "Afternoon Delight" for a flashback to simpler times-
but Zager & Evans makes me want to hurt somebody, preferably those 2 bastards for writing the damned song! Evil or Very Mad

Post Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:35 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
cassandrova

Watching The Wheels wrote:
"Christmas Shoes" by Newsong.
Most nauseating song ever. It's about a child who wants to buy his mom who's dying of cancer a new pair of shoes so "she can look beautiful when she meets jesus tonight." But here's the kicker: the child doesn't have enough money. So the kid explains the situation to the cashier, pays, and...

He counted pennies for what seemed like years
Then the cashier said, "Son, there's not enough here"

Cashier: Sorry, orphan. You're, like, 8 cents short.
Child: Bu- bu- my mom! She's dying.
Cashier: Sorry. Don't care. 8 cents short.
Child: Can't you take some pennies from the "Leave a penny" jar?
Cashier (sticking fingers in his ears): la-la-la-la-la-la

Eventually the singer pays for part of the shoes (only *after* being asked by the kid to donate some money, despite witnessing the whole scene), and in the process discovers "that God had sent that little boy to remind me just what Christmas is all about."

'kay. If you say so. Apparently God's cool with offing random people to make a point about x-mas. Linus just gave speeches in an auditorium...

And they play it 9823462 times during the x-mas season.
This song makes me hate Christmas.

I remember a few years back they turned that song into one of those godawful saccharine made-for-TV movies that clog up the television schedules every year like so many unwanted Christmas presents.

Believe it starred Rob Lowe.

Post Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:12 am   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: