Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments

Fan Fiction?

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Nevermore26

Fan Fiction?  Reply with quote  

Are we supposed to be writing Chris Moore fan fiction here? You know, taking characters & settings from his books, and writing our own stories with them? That was how I understood "Fan Fiction." It seems that it is a bit different here. Also, I must be misreading the forum descriptions, because I thought the comments about each piece were supposed to be posted as replies to the writer's thread, not in this forum. Razz
Quote:
The place for general comments about fan fiction. You can post about individual fiction items as replies to the Fan Fiction topics.

Damn, am I anal-retentive... (Does anal retentive have a hyphen? Mr. Green )

Anywho, I will be posting some of my stuff in the fan fiction forum in the near future. Mostly older poems, songs & short plays/skits. I did write a couple short stories, but they weren't very good, & I've only attempted one novel which was even worse, so I may or may not post any of those. (Definitely not the novel, as I burned the only copy about 15 years ago. ) Those Items will have, "(OLD STUFF)" in the thread title.

Ever since joining this forum, I have re-caught the writing bug, & will also be posting new stuff as I write it. These will have, "(NEW STUFF)" in the thread title.

Hope you enjoy it, and if not, oh well. At least I'll have the pleasure of knowing that I've wasted a little bit of your precious time. Very Happy

BTW, what is the ASCII code for the copyright symbol? Laughing

Nevermore...

Post Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:04 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ginjg

in most author fan sites fan fic is actually as you described. But here in the boardello, we do things differently. I say better. It's real fiction by Chris' fans, not facimiles.

And yes. The pieces are meant to stand alone and the comments here in a corresponding topic. You could start your own comment thread here as Chris sometimes starts them for his blog entries.

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Post Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:56 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: