Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Politics

Michael Moore is a big, fat liar
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Kar98

Michael Moore is a big, fat liar  Reply with quote  

See, I told ya so:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0961117/

Post Mon May 07, 2007 7:28 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
FattyFattyPorkFace

Anyone with intelligence can see that Michael Moore is biased, mixing conjecture heavily with fact and fiction. However, that does not invalidate all the content of his films; just because one thing is a lie does not mean all is. And I think most are of the intelligence to try and find the truth for themselves.

Good to see others trying to bring balanced perspective to these topics though.

Post Mon May 07, 2007 8:02 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
fortune cookie

The problem is, he does so under the guise of a "Documentary".
Which would be a presentation of only concrete facts.
Keeping his conjectures to himself, or stating such before opening his,
Big, Fat, Lying, Mouth.
I am a bit biased myself, (can you tell?) but I'm not doing a documentary. Razz
Laughing Laughing

Post Mon May 07, 2007 9:26 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Ginjg

see, that's where the confusion is.

People keep assuming that because MM includes some facts about some issue he's passionate about. His documentaries are actually about documenting what he's doing to be a pain in the asses of his current target. I think I heard him say something to that effect on some talk show.

Perhaps I give the "general public" too much credit in assuming they could tell the difference.

It's just docutainment, perhaps a half step above reality programming.

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Post Mon May 07, 2007 10:17 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
fortune cookie

A very good friend of mind reccommended his "Bowling for Columbine".
I saw him interviewed before I rented the movie. I never rented the movie.
In said interview, he was rude and condesending. IMO he's an asshat.
I lump his material with jackass, letterman and such drivel.
Not worth my time.
So, if not wanting to have some idiots skewed opinion shoved down my
throat for an hour or so is "not getting it", I guess I'd rather not. Smile

Last edited by fortune cookie on Tue May 08, 2007 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Tue May 08, 2007 9:06 am   View user's profile Send private message
FattyFattyPorkFace

I am open to everything...I feel that I can only truly formulate a balanced opinion by listening and reading the stuff that I loathe as well as the stuff I love. I find it especially worthwhile to suffer the arguments of assholes as it allows me to fight back more readily. Much like critiquing a book; you can't take someone's opinion seriously if they never read it.

Post Tue May 08, 2007 9:47 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
fortune cookie

What issues forth from assholes? SHIT.
I'd rather not. Thank you.

Post Tue May 08, 2007 9:58 am   View user's profile Send private message
Ginjg

Don't get me wrong FC. I've only seen a few clips on talkshows. Needless to say, they've never peaked my interest enough to even rent the things. They strike me as about as entertaining as I think punked or jackass or the apprentice would be

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Post Tue May 08, 2007 9:59 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ferrit Leggings

Ginjg wrote:
see, that's where the confusion is.

People keep assuming that because MM includes some facts about some issue he's passionate about. His documentaries are actually about documenting what he's doing to be a pain in the asses of his current target. I think I heard him say something to that effect on some talk show.

Perhaps I give the "general public" too much credit in assuming they could tell the difference.

It's just docutainment, perhaps a half step above reality programming.

The docu-drama is what you get when watching the history channel, national geographic channel and most history related "documentaries" these days. There is a lot of reenactments and a few professors giving opinions but rarely does the program put anything in a rational perspective. Generally it is from one point of view and told with extreme bias toward one view.

I have seen all of MM's films and he follows the same path throughout all of them. It is like Gonzo journalism without the drugs and alcohol, and has a PG13 rating for extreme annoyance. However, he does make some good points but they are lost in how he tells it.

Post Tue May 08, 2007 11:13 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Kar98

FattyFattyPorkFace wrote:
Anyone with intelligence can see that Michael Moore is biased, mixing conjecture heavily with fact and fiction.

He is however very popular in Europe, because his products were showing pretty much exactly the stereotype many Europeans had of Americans.

Post Tue May 08, 2007 1:46 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Goudron

I am open to everything...

Paging Dr. Libris...

Michael Moore's movies may be full of misinformation, and he may be an ass, but there are bits of truth in each of his pieces. He certainly stimulates discussion on whatever topic he's covering. That's usually a good thing.

Post Tue May 08, 2007 2:43 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
dougp

While working in a mall in La Jolla a few years back I happened to run into him. I am no means a fashion statement, but if he had been anywhere else, I probably would have mistaken him for a homeless person and given him a few bucks for a shorty. His personal hygene could easily be taken up a notch or two.

Post Tue May 08, 2007 4:16 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Kar98

Goudron wrote:
I am open to everything...

Paging Dr. Libris...

Michael Moore's movies may be full of misinformation, and he may be an ass, but there are bits of truth in each of his pieces. He certainly stimulates discussion on whatever topic he's covering. That's usually a good thing.

That's /not/ a good thing, because the sparse bits of obvious truth just seem to lend authenticity to his bold lies. "Stuff falls down when I let go of it, because of gravity; therefore my claim that the moon is made of green cheese is also true."

Post Tue May 08, 2007 5:16 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
chris
Site Admin

Have you guys never seen Fox News or listened to talk radio? There are wingnuts on both sides, but I'd say if you were going for pure and unadulterated numbers of wingnuts, the conservative side far, far outnumbers the liberal side as far as wingnuts who are willing to lie to pursue an agenda.

I'm just not sure the point of this post. I, personally, know a lot of liberals -- in fact, I live in the Bluest city in the U.S. , and I don't know anyone who really takes Michael Moore seriously. I always thought he was a satirist, and what he was doing was political satire. Is there anyone really dense enough to think that he's a news man? I don't think he claims to be a newsman, does he? He doesn't have a show on a news station or on "news" radio, does he?

You guys so used to drinking the Kool-aid that you don't even look in the glass any more?

Post Tue May 08, 2007 6:36 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
fortune cookie

Kool-Aid?! Fill 'er up!

So, because this flaccid penis makes a "Mockumentary".
Fills it with half truths, biased points of view, presents it as "entertainment".
I've gotta watch it? I think not.
I have to agree with it? Again, I think not.
I have to give it a portion of my valuable time?
You don't have to see the dog poop, to know it's there.
The man is a crock, and he reeketh.

I base my opinion/conclusions on the impression the man made on me.
Not his politics. Just to be clear. Wink

Post Tue May 08, 2007 6:52 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: