Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Politics

When is enough, enough?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
juissez

Ferrit,

Here is one of the "rights" your beloved "freedom fighters" are fighting for. Female circumcision aka female genital mutilation:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/medical_notes/241221.stm

Post Sun May 20, 2007 11:31 am   View user's profile Send private message
Ferrit Leggings

That is not the god damn point. The point is that anyone can find a way to have respect for the average person, the person that follows laws, and is a genuinely decent human being but the truest test for a person is how much respect they have for the lowest of human beings. Those people are the murderers, the rapists, the terrorists, the extremist nuts jobs, and so on. Granted many people would say that the rights of these people should be thrown out because of what they have done or are planning to do but under no circumstances should they be. Just because of a wrong done by one doesn't mean that it should be repeated by the wronged and justified. It is simple: two wrongs don't make a right.

For the greater good is not a mantra that I want to live under when it means the destruction of human rights.

Post Sun May 20, 2007 12:21 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
juissez

So what should we do with terrorists we capture? Send them to an eight hour anger management class and set them free. But wait, that means we denied them their right to freedom for eight hours. We can't take away the bomb strapped to them because that would deny them their right to property. Not can we stop them from killing a large group of people because that denies them their right to the pursuit of happiness.

Post Sun May 20, 2007 12:52 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Notdeadyet

fortune cookie wrote:
You guys are right, from now on our nation should act in this manner.
Oh no, excuse ME, Mr. Terrorist.
My bad.
My nationality and religion are an affront to you.
I should have known better.
I caught you, now I'll send you home with a severe repromand.
So you can come back and do it again, remember to tell your friends.
By the way, I won't hold it against you if you behead a few of my
countrymen on your national broadcasts.
I'll follow the rules of civility, you do whatever you feel is right for you.
Send women and children with explosives strapped to their bodies to
do your fighting.
I won't raise arms against them, or search them.
You know what?
I feel so bad about being here a thorn in your side.
I'll just slit my own throat for you, and save you the effort.

Oh please, I didn't say we should give them medicaid and take them to disneyland.... I said they've had FIVE YEARS! Wasn't that the whole argument for keeping them offshore so they could ahem not torture them but use any means possible to extract information....
If they haven't got them to spill the beans in FIVE years chances are it AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN GUYS!
And if the point is to just imprison them, then they can do that right here in America for a lot less money for god's sake...
OH yeah, but then they'd have to have a trial and habeus corpus and a trial and stuff.....
O.K., if you aren't going to do that SEND THEM HOME and let them give them a trial..... WHATEVER>>>>>
OH yeah, but then they might find out they were just regular guys in the wrong place and now they are MENTALLY DAMAGED BEYOND ALL HOPE
Sorry, the whole thing is just stupid....
Don't give me any of this I'm not a good American crap....
I was a military wife for 17 years...both of my childrens grandparents are world war 2 veterans, and almost every male relative of mine has served...
I VOTED for George Bush.... OOOOH gasp
His first mistake was not listening to Colin Powell when he suggested they have an objective that was achievable before they went in.......
Sticking people in concentration camps was always a bad idea and it still is...

Post Sun May 20, 2007 1:01 pm   View user's profile Send private message
juissez

Who said you weren't a good American, NDY?

Post Sun May 20, 2007 1:08 pm   View user's profile Send private message
juissez

PS: I didn't vote for Bush. (Gasp). Last presidential election I voted for Michael Badnarik, the Libertarian canidate

Post Sun May 20, 2007 1:11 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Notdeadyet

Yeah, I like Libertarians also, it's just that they never get elected......
I have been called a Communist! Which is actually pretty funny, I am communist like Ayn Rand is Communist..... Laughing

Post Sun May 20, 2007 1:15 pm   View user's profile Send private message
juissez

The number of votes Libertarian candidates receive keeps rising. Don't give up hope. There is nothing in our constitution that says we have to be a two party system. Check out Larry Elder's website if you haven't already. I like what he has to say...usually

Post Sun May 20, 2007 1:23 pm   View user's profile Send private message
fortune cookie

Well, what do you, propose we do?

Lie down and let anyone who wants to, walk all over us?
Rape, Murder, Steal, Maim whatever the FUCK suits you,
just so long as I can say I took the High road?

I don't believe if somebody broke into your house and stole your camera
equipment Ferrit, you'd not press charges.

NDY, if someone harmed one of your children, I'm am sure you'd call
for retribution.

You say two wrongs don't make a right. Correct.
But not seeking Justice when wronged, makes you a freaking idiot.

Compassion for a murderer? Let him fucking live with you.
You support his miserable ass, sleep with one eye open.

All of a sudden, that dog don't hunt, does it?
Spare me the drivel of your moral high ground.
Talk the talk, walk the fucking walk.
That's how it is where I come from.

The ugly truth of the matter is, a mad dog has to be put down.
Maybe you don't have the stomach for it, fine you don't have to do it.
But while you're benefitting from not having to constantly look over your
shoulder for the mad dog, don't talk shit about the person(s) who
put it down and made it safe for you.

This world is full of people who sit on their asses and complain.
If you feel strongly about something, DO SOMETHING, about it.

Post Sun May 20, 2007 1:40 pm   View user's profile Send private message
fortune cookie

Ferrit Leggings wrote:
That is not the god damn point. The point is that anyone can find a way to have respect for the average person, the person that follows laws, and is a genuinely decent human being but the truest test for a person is how much respect they have for the lowest of human beings. Those people are the murderers, the rapists, the terrorists, the extremist nuts jobs, and so on. Granted many people would say that the rights of these people should be thrown out because of what they have done or are planning to do but under no circumstances should they be. Just because of a wrong done by one doesn't mean that it should be repeated by the wronged and justified. It is simple: two wrongs don't make a right.

For the greater good is not a mantra that I want to live under when it means the destruction of human rights.

You have so many thoughts of what we shouldn't do.
Well defined and rational.
How about putting that wonderfully rational mind, towards,
what we should be doing?
How do you suggest we handle the problem?

Post Sun May 20, 2007 1:52 pm   View user's profile Send private message
dougp

Did Iraq ever attack us? I'm not a military strategist, but I think that if we pulled our troops from EVERY foreign country and set them up at home for our protection, we might not need as many. Of course the argument could be made that since we've been blowing up their mud houses (Afghanistan), and bringing down in place regimes so that religious based civil war can bring death and destruction to the local populace (Iraq), we've not had a terrorist attack on the home front.

Post Sun May 20, 2007 1:53 pm   View user's profile Send private message
juissez

So Doug, do you suggest that we now abandon the people of Iraq to a civil war. You know, we could have very easily left Iraq after we deposed Saddam. After all, we got what we wanted once we found him in that rat hole.

Instead we decided to stay and help the people of Iraq to form a government that will hopefully allow the different religious sects to live in harmony. We have done our best to protect the people of Iraq from the violent extremists who want to control them. We have paid a high price of blood to help them reconstruct.

And it is not only our soldiers who have bled for this cause. Many of our citizens have gone to Iraq to help build hospitals and schools, putting their lives in danger for honorable goals. But you rarely hear about the hospitals and schools in the media, since it is not sensational enough to put on the evening news.

Post Sun May 20, 2007 2:17 pm   View user's profile Send private message
dougp

juissez wrote:
But you rarely hear about the hospitals and schools in the media, since it is not sensational enough to put on the evening news.

Nor do you hear about the permanent military installations being built. To think that we could impose our type of democracy in such a religious, and violence unto others area, such as the middle east, is at best foolhardy. For centuries the only countries in that area that have had a long term peaceful environ for the populace, have been run by dictators and monarchies. These people do not think the way that we do. They do not live in the same world we do with different lables, they live in a different world entirely. We did not go there because the Iraqi government sponsored the assholes that ran planes into our buildings. We did not go there for weapons of mass distruction. We did not go there to liberate the people from some meglomaniac despot. We went there, and intend to stay there for oil. Should we stay or go? I never felt going there was right. They seem to be doing a fine job of killing each other with us there, and I'm paying more than twice as much at the pump, why not see if they can keep up the pace with us gone. If our hand wringing over their plight gets to hard to handle we can always go back. George Bush #1, didn't persue the first gulf conflict into Iraq because it was viewed that what we have on our hands now would happen. Considering that his boy used many of his advisors, I have a higher opinion of him for what must have been his restraint at the time. When you look at how quickly this administration jumped at the opportunity to take this plunge, it's easy to imagine that GB #1 had great pressure to do the same.

Post Sun May 20, 2007 2:49 pm   View user's profile Send private message
deb

juissez wrote:
So Doug, do you suggest that we now abandon the people of Iraq to a civil war. You know, we could have very easily left Iraq after we deposed Saddam. After all, we got what we wanted once we found him in that rat hole.

Instead we decided to stay and help the people of Iraq to form a government that will hopefully allow the different religious sects to live in harmony. We have done our best to protect the people of Iraq from the violent extremists who want to control them. We have paid a high price of blood to help them reconstruct.

And it is not only our soldiers who have bled for this cause. Many of our citizens have gone to Iraq to help build hospitals and schools, putting their lives in danger for honorable goals. But you rarely hear about the hospitals and schools in the media, since it is not sensational enough to put on the evening news.

This is the biggest post of bullshit in a long time here.

Post Sun May 20, 2007 2:57 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
juissez

And where is this oil that we supposed stole? Is it at some secret refinery that the American people don't know about it? What is the name of any ship that has been discovered transporting stolen oil from Iraq? And finally, please explain to me how us stealing oil makes the price at the gas pump go up

Post Sun May 20, 2007 2:58 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: