Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?


bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Politics

When is enough, enough?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
fortune cookie



Joined: 18 Mar 2006
Posts: 10534
Location: Easy street
 Reply with quote  

First off, thank you, for not throwing my sarcasm in my face.

I find much common ground in what you propose Ferrit.
Some of it may have seemed a bit heavyhanded, but if one factors in
our extravagant way of life here, it's deservedly so.

FFPF, thanks for your input as well.

Time for absorbtion of new information.
_________________
We all enter this world in the same way: naked; screaming; soaked in blood.
But if you live your life right, that kind of thing doesn't have to stop there." Dana Gould

Post Sun May 20, 2007 10:36 pm   View user's profile Send private message
dougp



Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 2038
Location: right behind you
 Reply with quote  

fortune cookie wrote:
First off, thank you, for not throwing my sarcasm in my face.

I find much common ground in what you propose Ferrit.
Some of it may have seemed a bit heavyhanded, but if one factors in
our extravagant way of life here, it's deservedly so.

FFPF, thanks for your input as well.

Time for absorbtion of new information.


Would you just stop with the civility already, geez. Very Happy
_________________
Mom says it's because you have dependency issues, and it was only a matter of time before you threw it away on some tramp.

Post Sun May 20, 2007 10:42 pm   View user's profile Send private message
dougp



Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 2038
Location: right behind you
 Reply with quote  

juissez wrote:
Doug, I already answered your question several posts ago.

THE GOVERNMENT OF IRAQ HAS CONTROL OF THE OIL IN IRAQ


You know what? I am a pain in the ass around here at times. Sometimes by choice, and sometimes because people misconstrue my meaning or sense of humor. That said, I have NEVER lied to anyone on this board to cover my ass or try and make a point. You my friend, are in my opinion, a fuckwad extrordinair. When you posted the above, I gave you credit, in that I must have missed it, or in my doddering years, just forgot that I'd read it. You fucking cheesedick, lying sack of shit, never did you previously post that statement or sentiment in this thread. You wasted precious TV time by making me read this crap no less than three times. That's personal, douche bag. If you don't bring a note from Mom, you can't play.
_________________
Mom says it's because you have dependency issues, and it was only a matter of time before you threw it away on some tramp.

Post Sun May 20, 2007 11:35 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Ferrit Leggings



Joined: 29 Mar 2004
Posts: 2658
 Reply with quote  

fortune cookie wrote:
First off, thank you, for not throwing my sarcasm in my face.

I find much common ground in what you propose Ferrit.
Some of it may have seemed a bit heavyhanded, but if one factors in
our extravagant way of life here, it's deservedly so.

FFPF, thanks for your input as well.

Time for absorbtion of new information.


One of the problems I have with most politicians is that they easily can look into the wayback machine and say what went wrong but almost none of them can say how to make things right and change things. I hear a lot of talk but with no plans or at least plans that make much sense.

This is what I have gotten from the debates so far:

The Republican's

Rudy - his mantra is Rudy Can't Fail and he has Joe Strummer's voice in the back of his head making him smile and nod uncontrollably. Joe is rolling in his grave and thinking of Tommy Gun's. Rudy wants everyone to know that he, with his own two hands, fixed all of NY's problems. What everyone else doesn't know is that NYC maybe fine right now but the rest of NY is going through a mini depression and people and companies are moving out or downsizing which mostly started back when he was in office with the Cumo lookalike Pawtaki. The policy back then was throw a parade while the companies that kept jobs in NY left. No one notices Kodak moving operations to other countries when Garfield's fat ass is blocking the view.

John McCain- looks like Cheeny's slightly dumber twin and seems to be suffering from Dementia.

Ron Paul- Tells the truth but no one on the tickets knows anything about history so they look shocked and awed at him wondering how to smear him in their campaigns but ultimately know that he won't make it anywhere near the white house because he name resembles gay fashion designers and he will loose the lower 48 states if he does run.

The Rest of the Field: Thinks evolution is still just a theory and have remarkably high foreheads which they take as a sign of nobility but is actually a sign of inbreeding and in the end prove Darwin wrong because they are one step away from being monkey farts.

The Democrats:

Obama: Doesn't have a chance in hell. His plans on healthcare, Iraq, and everything else are remarkably vague and resemble a lot of the plans the republicans have. He champions affordable health care but won't stretch it to say universal so that he can get some rich votes. The plan for Iraq from his camp is also vague and stems from him not wanting to go there in the first place and how he would have voted if was was elected and didn't lose the year the vote came up.

He doesn't have a chance in hell not because he isn't smart or isn't good for the job but because he is black.

Hillary - Has the same chances as Obama. The only thing that might get her in is if she takes on a running mate that balances her out. I am thinking of the second coming of Jesus because he would have to give the sermon on the mount twice a day up until election day to turn around how people feel about her.

A conversation about the Hillary/Jesus Campaign:

Do you think she is ok?
I dunno but that Jesus guy has the ticket.
But he is a bit too preachy.
I agree with you there.
It would be like going to church everyday but with a live feed from the Oval Office.
Yeah, let's vote for Rudy because he can't fail.

Dennis Kunuchaothhskjfsd: He won't win because his name won't fit on the ballots. Also, he has some decent plans about healthcare and Iraq but flaunts his veggieisms too much. The people would all turn to organic food and die of eccoli (sp).

The rest of the democrats:

they can be summed up with a round-about sing-a-long of We Got Big Balls by AC/DC. The truth is that the republicans have the biggest balls of them all because of sponsoring torture and killing off of a generation of kids on the premise that terrorists are good swimmers.

Al Gore: He is the wildcard in all of this because if he does run he could just almost win. I mean to say that he will get almost there but fall just short of an organic cheeseburger and one greenparty vote that was mistakenly recorded for Rudy who wins by the second smallest margin in history.

--------------

Neither side has a good front runner in the race so far and I don't see one coming. The Dem's best bet is to loose again and let some poor schlep try to clean up the mess left behind by George. Then the democrats can win in a landslide during another depression that we will be brought out of by WW III. History always repeats itself.
_________________
I feel the same way about disco as I do about herpes. -HST

Post Mon May 21, 2007 7:41 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
juissez



Joined: 08 Mar 2007
Posts: 145
 Reply with quote  

Doug,

My apologies. I went back and looked at my previous posts, and my answer was not there. I did type it out, but it didn't make it into my post as I have cut and paste problems in that I eat the paste.

In order to make up for the lost TV time you suffered, I suggest moving all televisions in you house into the living room and watching them all at the same time. Plus you can tune them all on to baseball, basketball, and hockey, and then rent out your place as a weekend speakeasy

Post Mon May 21, 2007 8:23 am   View user's profile Send private message
Wonko



Joined: 12 Oct 2006
Posts: 4787
Location: ...but it's a hot heat
 Reply with quote  

TEACHER!

Juissez is eating the paste again!
_________________
Avoid being normal -- John Lennon

Post Mon May 21, 2007 8:52 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
dougp



Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 2038
Location: right behind you
 Reply with quote  

juissez wrote:
Doug,

My apologies. I went back and looked at my previous posts, and my answer was not there. I did type it out, but it didn't make it into my post as I have cut and paste problems in that I eat the paste.

In order to make up for the lost TV time you suffered, I suggest moving all televisions in you house into the living room and watching them all at the same time. Plus you can tune them all on to baseball, basketball, and hockey, and then rent out your place as a weekend speakeasy



First regarding your apology- I accept it, as I've been known to have issues living better through modern chemistry myself.

Second, your solution for my lost TV time- This is not just ANY TV time, this was time lost watching a 50 in. HD Plasma. Your suggestion that I move all TV's and watch them all at once falls short on many levels. I only have one. If I were to have more, you feel that watching basketball, baseball and hockey at the same time would somehow make up for a never to be regained 3 hours of the Lifetime Network (I'm a slow reader)? Not even if you threw in soccer! And then there is your suggestion that if I had these TV's, that I, ME, move them. There is only one person in my life that comes in and disrupts it, then expects me to clean up the mess so she can do it again, and you are not she.

So it would appear that we are closer to agreement than we were last night, yet not quite there. For the lost TV time, I suggest cash. I think $3000.00 should cover my distress. I'll PM you my bank info (if I make it public many here will deposit large sums, to large, as they can get carried away when showing affection for me (it's happened before) and it's important they feed their kids first) so you can make a direct deposit.
_________________
Mom says it's because you have dependency issues, and it was only a matter of time before you threw it away on some tramp.

Post Mon May 21, 2007 9:43 am   View user's profile Send private message
deb



Joined: 08 Mar 2004
Posts: 6325
Location: Montana
 Reply with quote  

dougp wrote:
There is only one person in my life that comes in and disrupts it, then expects me to clean up the mess so she can do it again, and you are not she.

For the lost TV time, I suggest cash. I think $3000.00 should cover my distress. I'll PM you my bank info (if I make it public many here will deposit large sums, to large, as they can get carried away when showing affection for me (it's happened before) and it's important they feed their kids first) so you can make a direct deposit.


I am she. And when did you get this bank account? Doug, you know how unhappy it makes me to find you've been keeping secrets.
_________________
"Fantasy is an exercise bicycle for the mind; it doesn't take you anywhere, but it tones up muscles that might." Pratchett

Post Mon May 21, 2007 9:47 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
dougp



Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 2038
Location: right behind you
 Reply with quote  

deb wrote:

I am she. And when did you get this bank account? Doug, you know how unhappy it makes me to find you've been keeping secrets.



Yes dear, you ARE the she I was referring to. Aahh, the bank account,....oh yeah,..I..uh,..IstarteditsoIwouldhavemoneytobuyyouprettygifts!
_________________
Mom says it's because you have dependency issues, and it was only a matter of time before you threw it away on some tramp.

Post Mon May 21, 2007 9:51 am   View user's profile Send private message
juissez



Joined: 08 Mar 2007
Posts: 145
 Reply with quote  

Doug,

Unfortunately I spent all my money on my army of mutated spider monkeys. I will have to offer my services instead. So just send me the name and address of your least favorite person and I will unleash an unholy vengeance of eight legged fecal throwers upon them

Post Mon May 21, 2007 12:38 pm   View user's profile Send private message
dougp



Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 2038
Location: right behind you
 Reply with quote  

juissez wrote:
Doug,

Unfortunately I spent all my money on my army of mutated spider monkeys. I will have to offer my services instead. So just send me the name and address of your least favorite person and I will unleash an unholy vengeance of eight legged fecal throwers upon them



Trying to not piss me off by insinuating I can't handle my own affairs will not work.
_________________
Mom says it's because you have dependency issues, and it was only a matter of time before you threw it away on some tramp.

Post Mon May 21, 2007 12:47 pm   View user's profile Send private message
fortune cookie



Joined: 18 Mar 2006
Posts: 10534
Location: Easy street
 Reply with quote  

dougp wrote:
juissez wrote:
Doug,

Unfortunately I spent all my money on my army of mutated spider monkeys. I will have to offer my services instead. So just send me the name and address of your least favorite person and I will unleash an unholy vengeance of eight legged fecal throwers upon them



Trying to not piss me off by insinuating I can't handle my own affairs will not work.


But you can't, deb handles your heavywork.
(and even she is getting a litle long in the tooth)
_________________
We all enter this world in the same way: naked; screaming; soaked in blood.
But if you live your life right, that kind of thing doesn't have to stop there." Dana Gould

Post Mon May 21, 2007 5:41 pm   View user's profile Send private message
dougp



Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 2038
Location: right behind you
 Reply with quote  

fortune cookie wrote:

But you can't, deb handles your heavywork.
(and even she is getting a litle long in the tooth)



OMG! Did you say that out loud? Shocked
_________________
Mom says it's because you have dependency issues, and it was only a matter of time before you threw it away on some tramp.

Post Mon May 21, 2007 5:48 pm   View user's profile Send private message
deb



Joined: 08 Mar 2004
Posts: 6325
Location: Montana
 Reply with quote  

fortune cookie wrote:

But you can't, deb handles your heavywork.
(and even she is getting a litle long in the tooth)



That's cute. Do you also stick your head into the lion's cage at the zoo?
_________________
"Fantasy is an exercise bicycle for the mind; it doesn't take you anywhere, but it tones up muscles that might." Pratchett

Post Mon May 21, 2007 5:48 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Ginjg



Joined: 04 Sep 2004
Posts: 6617
Location: Los Angeles
 Reply with quote  

now, now… he's merely admiring your lovely new fangs. At least he didn't make the faux pas of asking if they're real.
_________________
To Learn is to Know
To Know is to Love
To Love is our aim

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Post Mon May 21, 2007 5:51 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
  Display posts from previous:      
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules:
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 
Templates created by Vereor and Ken