Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

Y.a.l.i. (Yet another lame introduction)
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
silentguy

Y.a.l.i. (Yet another lame introduction)  Reply with quote  

Hi everyone...
I recently stumbled about the german version of "A dirty job" in a book store and i really loved reading it... usually I prefer my books in english, but the store i was in only had the german version...
Hm, what could I tell you about myself... I'm a 24-year-old student of computer science and I'm from germany...
If you have any more questions, fire away I will try to answer them, if I remember to drop by from time to time Wink

Post Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:26 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Joelibris

Welcome, Silentguy! I'm Joe, and as you can tell by my avatar, I do the board strip-searches (can't have anyone smuggling Ann Coulter here, so I gotta be thorough). How gentle I am depends on if you brought pie (or a nice strudel). Though you ARE German, you may WANT it rough... Laughing

Post Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:38 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
FattyFattyPorkFace

Wilkommen!

That's about all I remember from my days of learning German. That and...

Hast du geschwester?

Very Happy

Welcome! Twisted Evil

Post Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:46 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
silentguy

lol, sounds like porkfaces german is almost as good as my french ^_^
It's Geschwister, buy the way... *g* Oh, und ja, ich habe eine Schwester... If you really wanted to know (and feel able to understand)

And I don't wanna be stripsearched, neither gentle NOR rought Wink But I guess I'm in luck, I don't even know Ann Coulter... *wikipedia* oh... well, does not sound like someone i wanna know anyway...
you might catch me smuggling some terry pratchett but that's about it Razz

Post Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:04 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Joelibris

Terry Pratchett you may carry in proudly. No smuggling necessary.

My knowledge of German is:

"I know nothink!"

"Hogannnnn!"

Post Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:08 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
FattyFattyPorkFace

silentguy wrote:
lol, sounds like porkfaces german is almost as good as my french ^_^
It's Geschwister, buy the way... *g* Oh, und ja, ich habe eine Schwester... If you really wanted to know (and feel able to understand)

Yes, it has been a long time so I have no delusions of eptitude. I also have a sister. My ability to not write German is not related to her existence.

Post Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:31 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
MrEMann

I'm officially welcoming you. How warmly depends on the pie I know you brought (you did bring pie, right?)

I know less German, I think, than Joe, though I did party with a German once in Denver. Fun guy. Lousy pool player.

Not that it matters.

So, tell us more about the pie.

Post Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:28 pm   View user's profile Send private message
lisa

Hi silent. You are lucky. No one attempted to welcome me in my language.

Post Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:10 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
fortune cookie

Welcome, Silent guy!
Seeing as how Kar98 has fudged the curve for you.
Pie, is gonna be mandatory.
Strudel, will get you extra points.

Post Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:54 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Ginjg

lisa wrote:
well the problem is that the english to hindi trnslation page doesn't work very well.

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Post Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:47 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
silentguy

Hehe, this is funny... You asking for pie... wanna know what I'm wearing right now?

That's right, that's a really big pi... does pi count as pie? =)

Anyway, I hope you don't wanna have anything selfmade, cause i don't wanna poison you Wink I could offer going to the supermarket around the corner and buy you a nice cheesecake or quarkstrudel...
Oh, or you could drop by at my parents place in two days cause then you might get some birthday cake my dad made for my mom Smile I know, cake's not pie, but there are very few things here in germany that would qualify as pie...

Lol, I've just been reading about pie in wikipedia and i found something i'm gonna try ordering in a restaurent next time... custard pie... there is no real german equivalent to the word custard and the german word for pie implies that you are talking about something filled with chicken, etc, not the sweet one Smile

Post Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:17 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
zendao42

Very Happy Welcome!

The only German I know is katzenjammer & I'd rather avoid reasons for using it...

Have some cocoa- about that pie...

Think pudding in a crust, custard's close enough-
then again, anything chocolate will do nicely!

Post Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:57 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Nevermore26

Hey! Welcome aboard! What part of Germany are you from? I was there in 2000, & drove from near Nuremberg to Wacken (North of Hamburg) & back for a music fest. Mr. Green Great country, great people, great roads!

Nevermore...

Post Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:25 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
FattyFattyPorkFace

lisa wrote:

We didn't invade and opress India just for you lot to expect us to learn Hindi and Urdu. Geez.

Rolling Eyes

But in the spirit of international relations...

khush amdeed

My hindi is worse than my urdu, so don't ask.

Post Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:56 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
lisa

FattyFattyPorkFace wrote:

khush amdeed

I beg your pardon? And I mean who knows Hindi?

Post Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:38 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: