Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Politics

I just wanna thank....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Aubie

Don't forget Africa!

It's pronounced Aw-Bee if you were wonderin.

Post Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:04 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
fortune cookie

Re: I just wanna thank....  Reply with quote  

Kar98 wrote:

The citizens of the USA would like to thank the UK for fucking up the Middle East in first place. Rolling Eyes

I was musing how to broach that subject in just such a delicate manner.
Thanks, Kar. Wink

Post Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:42 am   View user's profile Send private message
Kar98

Delicate, that's me.

Post Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:10 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Tal

Kar98 wrote:
Delicate, that's me.

A delicate Texan? Inconthievable!

Post Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:22 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Paul R

Apologies. I should not have said citizens. I should have said government. Elected by citizens, but government.

Paul R

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:37 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Paul R

deb wrote:
To paraphrase a great line:

Paul, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it? You, Mr. Grimes? The US has a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for England, and you curse the Americans. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what we know. That you are a coward. And the US existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want us on that wall, you need us on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. It is not just our military that believe strongly the meaning of those words, "we the people" do, also. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who, as a citizen of a country that scurries away like a priss but still rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that we provide to this country as well as so many others, and then questions the manner in which we provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. But wait. You have never considered defending the Old Sod, or the country you currently reside in. You have never risked a thing in your life. Until you understand loyalty, honor, code, keep your counsel. I don't give a damn what you think of America.

To paraphrase another great quote...bullshit. Are you so insular that you don't realize the the amount of sacrifice that Canada has made in this so called war of terror? That Canada made in the two world wars? From the beginning of them too. Bullshit.

Paul R

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:40 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
fortune cookie

Paul R wrote:
Are you so insular that you don't realize the the amount of sacrifice that Canada has made in this so called war of terror? That Canada made in the two world wars?

Paul R

Are you gonna tell us about the "Great Beaver sacrifices" of 1942?

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:19 am   View user's profile Send private message
Aubie

They lost Bryan Adams, Jim Carey and Pam Anderson? How do they sleep at night?? Rolling Eyes

It's pronounced Aw-Bee if you were wonderin.

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:58 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Butch the Vizsla

Paul R wrote:

To paraphrase another great quote...bullshit. Are you so insular that you don't realize the the amount of sacrifice that Canada has made in this so called war of terror? That Canada made in the two world wars? From the beginning of them too. Bullshit.

Paul R

ok, changing the tone of your original comment by bringing up 2 wars, one that happened almost 100 years ago, and another 60 years ago is a bit of a cop out.

Saying that Canada has made sacrifices regarding terrorism is comical. Proposing the idea that WE are insular is EXACTLY how I'd describe Canada on "The War On Terror™".

Once again, your comments expose your true ignorance.

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:15 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
deb

Paul R wrote:

Paul R

Oh. So then you agree that the United States was not alone. Okay. That's all I needed to know. Now you can stop projecting your inferiority complex upon the rest of us.

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:25 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Kar98

Paul R wrote:

Paul R

Whatever Canadia might have contributed towards the better of mankind, it became all moot and null and void when you fuckers unleashed Celine Dion upon the world.

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:18 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Goudron

Butch the Vizsla wrote:

Saying that Canada has made sacrifices regarding terrorism is comical. Proposing the idea that WE are insular is EXACTLY how I'd describe Canada on "The War On Terror™".

Once again, your comments expose your true ignorance.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/afghanistan/casualties/total.html

Canadians die too, and not comicly so. There are not nearly as many Canadian deaths in Afghanistan as US deaths in Iraq, but for the love of God, don't make this into a DickSizeWar.

Canadians are not insular on "The War On Terror." Americans have usually been insular compared to Canadians regarding things going on in one another's respective neighbouring countries, but they don't know as much as they think they do. This is only because Canadian media draws so much content from American sources, but American media is mostly homemade.

What a dicky thread.

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:45 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
dougp

Goudron wrote:
[
What a dicky thread.

Consider the source.

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:24 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Butch the Vizsla

Goudron wrote:

Canadians die too, and not comicly so.

What a dicky thread.

Go back and read my original post - "comical" was in reference to Paul's comment, not dead Canadians. Dicky thread, maybe, but Paul's original premise offended many people here.

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:08 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
lonster

Canada has lost sixty-six troops in Afghanistan.

They did not participate directly in the invasion of Iraq. Their army is quite limited, and can only be spread so thin.

Celine Dion, however, is unforgiveable.

(Don't forget Mike Meyers)

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:37 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: