Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Politics

Anti smokers screw poor people
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
dougp

Anti smokers screw poor people  Reply with quote  

Generally wrapping themselves in the cloak of liberalism, these fascists have it in for the little guy.

http://reason.com/news/show/121558.html

Post Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:03 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Vahlee

But don't poor smokers screw themselves? I mean, they'd have a ton more money if they quit and maybe wouldn't be so poor.

I've tried this argument on my dad a few times. Only seems to piss him off, but damn it, it's true!

http://www.upnorthgeorgia.org

Post Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:54 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
dougp

Vahlee wrote:
But don't poor smokers screw themselves? I mean, they'd have a ton more money if they quit and maybe wouldn't be so poor.

I've tried this argument on my dad a few times. Only seems to piss him off, but damn it, it's true!

I hadn't thought of it that way. By all means you've got a point. I think you should enlist your neighbors help. Tell them that from now on you will only spend your money, and live your life according to their whims and desires.

Post Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:59 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Vahlee

dougp wrote:
Vahlee wrote:

I hadn't thought of it that way. By all means you've got a point. I think you should enlist your neighbors help. Tell them that from now on you will only spend your money, and live your life according to their whims and desires.

I don't have neighbors so HA!

Post Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:33 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
dougp

Ask me if I'm surprised. Laughing

Post Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:58 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Vahlee

Are you surprised? Razz

Post Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:05 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
dougp

Es bueno ser monstruo del control. Cool

Post Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:48 pm   View user's profile Send private message
fortune cookie

The reasons for the increase in price, is entirely self motivated on the
part of the "fascist".
Our health care cost are high because of smokers.
It couldn't possibly be due to my over indulgence in cocaine, meth,
"gourmet" food, alcohol, or any of the other sordid vices I have.
It's because of those damn smokers.
They oughtta wrap their lips around the tail pipe of their car and inhale deeply. Whining Weinies!
I used to smoke, at times I get the craving.
And would willingly french kiss a smoking chimp at that moment, just to suck the smoke from it's lungs!
Thank gob I don't know any chimps that smoke.

Post Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:52 pm   View user's profile Send private message
zendao42

OK, I want more screwing, less smoking...

Wait, now what were we talking about?

I think it's a waste of time to smoke anything that won't keep you buzzing for hours-
but as long as you're not choosing to waste your time like that in my vicinity,
go ahead & hammer another nail in that coffin!

Post Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:11 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
deb

Re: Anti smokers screw poor people  Reply with quote  

dougp wrote:
Generally wrapping themselves in the cloak of liberalism, these fascists have it in for the little guy.

http://reason.com/news/show/121558.html

doug. stop spending money on cigarettes. there are other things i dem..i mean, i think you could spend your slav....i mean, hard-earned money on. for instance, your survival. there's an investment!

Post Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:05 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Aubie

You smoke, we'll help dying kids! Ugh.

Seriously, if you hate smokers and are so 'concerned' ban them. But wait! We make too much money off all the frickin' taxes we put on them! What ever will we do?? Rolling Eyes Mad

It's pronounced Aw-Bee if you were wonderin.

Post Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:10 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
dougp

Deb you wouldn't respect me..... if I was a quitter....oh....yeah. Ahhh..I'll take your proposal under consideration.

We here in the Peoples Republic of California have an individual by the name of Carl Riener, who used his hollywood connections and prestige to add a massive tax on cigarets several years ago. The money was to be used for adds depicting the horrors of this filthy and dangerous habit. The agency, for lack of a better word, that spends this money was run by him until this past year when it came to light that he used money from the program to push for his "free pre school for all" agenda (I believe that it was to be funded by yet another tax on cigarets). I'm hoping that California mandates a healthy body weight, with massive fines and prison terms for violators before this fuck dies of a heart attack or diabetes.

Post Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:01 pm   View user's profile Send private message
zevon

dougp wrote:
Deb you wouldn't respect me..... if I was a quitter....oh....yeah. Ahhh..I'll take your proposal under consideration.

We here in the Peoples Republic of California have an individual by the name of Carl Riener, who used his hollywood connections and prestige to add a massive tax on cigarets several years ago. The money was to be used for adds depicting the horrors of this filthy and dangerous habit. The agency, for lack of a better word, that spends this money was run by him until this past year when it came to light that he used money from the program to push for his "free pre school for all" agenda (I believe that it was to be funded by yet another tax on cigarets). I'm hoping that California mandates a healthy body weight, with massive fines and prison terms for violators before this fuck dies of a heart attack or diabetes.

It's Rob Reiner , dude. MeatHead.

Post Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:59 pm   View user's profile Send private message
dougp

zevon wrote:
It's Rob Reiner , dude. MeatHead.

My bad. Although Carl should be held responsible for passing on his fucked up gene pool.

Post Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:05 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Kar98

fortune cookie wrote:

And would willingly french kiss a smoking chimp at that moment, just to suck the smoke from it's lungs!
Thank gob I don't know any chimps that smoke.

That's because they chew.

Post Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:57 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: