Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

Howdy from another Texan! Yee-haw!
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
lawlis42

Howdy from another Texan! Yee-haw!  Reply with quote  

Well, I've been pokin' around the posts and noted the various cracks about folks from Texas and decided that I should throw my hat in the ring. I'm a native Texan from Austin new to the board. Love Chris' books and have read them all at least once and some twice. Glad to be here and am looking forward to sharing my vast knowledge and inappropriate humor with everyone. Wink

Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:27 am   View user's profile Send private message
deb

Re: Howdy from another Texan! Yee-haw!  Reply with quote  

lawlis42 wrote:
Well, I've been pokin' around the posts and noted the various cracks about folks from Texas and decided that I should throw my hat in the ring. I'm a native Texan from Austin new to the board. Love Chris' books and have read them all at least once and some twice. Glad to be here and am looking forward to sharing my vast knowledge and inappropriate humor with everyone. Wink

texans can read? who knew! welcome. you may need to declare a gender for the strip search. pie will not save you.

Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:30 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
lawlis42

Actually, I think my pie might save me. I have a secret recipe for the crust. Best pie crust ever.
Last time I checked I was a woman. I think. Maybe I should look up the definition again, but I'm pretty sure that's right.
And no one is going to want to strip search me...trust me.

Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:37 am   View user's profile Send private message
deb

lawlis42 wrote:

And no one is going to want to strip search me...trust me.

it's like you don't know this group of heathens at all Sad

Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:38 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
lawlis42

No - I'm just trying to protect you all from things that might be scary.

Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:59 am   View user's profile Send private message
Aubie

We ain't scared of nothin'! Unless you look like ET or Bill Paxton then I'll run the hell away from you. Bah!

BTW...I'm worried, the Texans are getting overpopulated and gathering... Shocked

It's pronounced Aw-Bee if you were wonderin.

Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:17 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
lawlis42

Actually (in my younger days especially) I've been told that I looked like Jennifer Jason Leigh.
And yes, the Texans are gathering. We talked about you all at the meeting last night. Didn't you get the memo?

Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:57 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Aubie

I'm from Alabama, I don't read anything, let alone a memo. Geez. Wink

It's pronounced Aw-Bee if you were wonderin.

Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:59 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
zendao42

Welcome to the madness, have a butterbeer or sweet tea (still got cocoa but it's HOT today)...
We got pie? Excellent!

Those of us in the South who can & do read are especially dangerous to unsuspecting Yankees...

Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:40 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
JennyO

Welcome! I grew up in Round Rock, so I almost count as an Austinite. Smile

Kurt Vonnegut

Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:01 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
lisa

Jennifer Jason Leigh is not that girl with the wanton face and large breasts with a slender waist right? Welcome lawlis42 Smile

Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:56 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
lawlis42

Thanks for the nice welcomes and yes, I will bring pie. My sweet potato is especially good if I may say so myself.
As for drinks, I'm partial to wine, GOOD beer and the occasional margarita (on the rocks w/ salt). And coffee. must. have. coffee.
Does Jennifer Jason Leigh look wanton? Or wonton? I don't know...

Last edited by lawlis42 on Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:29 pm   View user's profile Send private message
fortune cookie

Welcome.
Condolences on the Native Texican.
Congrats on the inappropriate humor, say something inappropriate.

Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:35 pm   View user's profile Send private message
lawlis42

Quote:
Congrats on the inappropriate humor, say something inappropriate.

Gimme a minute...I just got here.

Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:12 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Joelibris

Texan I'm OK with, just as long as you aren't kin to the former governor (and I DON'T mean Ann Richards).

Post Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:24 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: