Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Politics

Searches at Bus Stops
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Lara

Searches at Bus Stops  Reply with quote  

It's the thought of "behavior detection officers" that reeeeeeeeally creeps me out. Like some creepy dystopian sci-fi novel.

TSA

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1286305849

Post Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:37 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Amigo

Re: Searches at Bus Stops  Reply with quote  

Lara wrote:
It's the thought of "behavior detection officers" that reeeeeeeeally creeps me out. Like some creepy dystopian sci-fi novel.

TSA

Yet people willingly choose "security" at the cost of losing "freedoms," and end up with neither.

Welcome to George Orwell's 1984.

Post Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:40 pm   View user's profile Send private message
fortune cookie

So, what do you plan to do about it?

Post Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:35 pm   View user's profile Send private message
lisa

---------------------> Police State

Post Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:43 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Amigo

fortune cookie wrote:
So, what do you plan to do about it?

If your question was directed at me, the answer is to continue my life's work of annoying you. Smile

Post Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:48 am   View user's profile Send private message
Lara

It's things like this that let us know they are testing the waters. What on earth good would it do to make an obvious police presence known at major bus stops? The criminals would simply get on somewhere else. I mean, DUH! So I have to assume that they are just wondering how we will react to random searches like this... and obviously we accept it like milk cows.

The whole "freedom isn't free" card is being played a lot, regarding things like this. I heard George Bush tonight telling folks that he would veto the wiretapping bill if it had any annoying checks and balances in it. He then went on to say that the people of America had to realize that there are bad folks out there who want to blow stuff up and kill us and (gasp) take away our freedoms and we had to listen in on their phone conversations in order to stop them. A small price to pay for freedom, right?

He just doesn't get it... well, he probably does but anyone who buys that line of bs doesn't get it.

Freedom means that when you walk out of your front door in the morning you must accept the fact that shit happens. You are living in a free country and therefore a lot of other people are free to fuck with you. That is the price of freedom.

What Bush has set up is slavery. We will accept the loss of our freedoms in exchange for security which is the same argument people used to rationalize the slave trade back in the day. Hey, we feed them, clothe them, shelter them, they're better off on my plantation that living in the wild. Like domestic animals, we are watching our freedoms erode and are shaking our heads sadly or high-fiving each other because we think we'll be the owners and not the slaves but less than one percent of one percent is gonna be on the winning team.

After I read this article today and remembered all of the "camps" that are being built around the country, I decided I must update my passport. If the shit hits the fan before I get the fuck out of here, I'll join Dumbledore's Army but if I can avoid living in a police state where our own men and women in uniform will have to keep us in line, I will thankyouverymuch.

Verrrrrrrrrry interesting times, indeed.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1286305849

Post Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:48 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
JennyO

I <3 you, Lara.

Kurt Vonnegut

Post Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:18 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kar98

"Two by two... hands of blue..."

Post Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:06 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
fortune cookie

No the question was not directed at you specifically Amigo.
I for one am letting the Politicos in my state know I think this is BS and
anybody remotely associated with these actions, will suffer come voting
time.

Post Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:17 am   View user's profile Send private message
deb

fortune cookie wrote:
time.

Screw the politicos. I'd spend my time making certain my fellow citizens know this is happening and informing them that they DO have the right to politely refuse. Obviously, many are unaware.

Post Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:19 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
fortune cookie

deb wrote:
fortune cookie wrote:
time.

Screw the politicos. I'd spend my time making certain my fellow citizens know this is happening and informing them that they DO have the right to politely refuse. Obviously, many are unaware.

That as before the politicos. E-Mails sent and copies were printed up and distributed. No moss on this stone.

Post Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:45 am   View user's profile Send private message
Amigo

fortune cookie wrote:
time.

OK, and best of luck with that. Sad

Post Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:57 pm   View user's profile Send private message
fortune cookie

Better than standing around pissing and moaning.
When I go down, it'll be swinging.
The rest of you can just lie there and take it.
Don't forget your rallying cry; "MOO".

Post Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:33 pm   View user's profile Send private message
dougp

fortune cookie wrote:
Better than standing around pissing and moaning.
When I go down, it'll be swinging.
The rest of you can just lie there and take it.
Don't forget your rallying cry; "MOO".

HA! Even I know sheep don't "MOO".

Post Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:58 pm   View user's profile Send private message
fortune cookie

Some are bi-lingual.

Post Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:51 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: