Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Politics

Wave the flag...or wipe your ass with it?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Amigo

Wave the flag...or wipe your ass with it?  Reply with quote  

VILE

Post Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:44 am   View user's profile Send private message
Joelibris

Now why was I NOT surprised to see Halliburton mentioned in there? If they have nothing to hide, why the corporate relocation to the Middle-east where the government can't get at 'em?

Post Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:43 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
fortune cookie

This has nothing to do with the Flag, ya' git.

It has to do with the current "a-hole in charge" of our government and
those who control him from behind the scenes.
It is because our country has followed the "money before all else"
mentality.
Most don't seem to care how they get it, whom gets hurt, any of the
consequences involved.
They care only that they have more than their contemporarys.
Money has become most peoples GOD.

The poor people in this story are suffering because they came between
an "f-tard" and his GOD. In this case actually, many F-tards and their GOD.
This is the exact reason politicians and judges, lobbyists, union reps, and
most religious leaders in general. Should be hung from the street lights
that line D.C. IMHO. Rolling Eyes

The Flag itself, stands for morals, honor, the idea of others before self.
It is a symbol of the ideas that our forefathers used, to form this great nation.
Many men have given their all for what that Flag truly represents.

Do not contaminate it with the lack of such, morals, honor and the idea of self before others,
that currently occupies the White House.
These men, (and I use the term loosely) have sullied that symbol by their association with it.
And for committing such an affront, should pay with their lives.
Treason and Profiteering during Wartime, come to mind as proper charges.
As you were.

Post Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:03 am   View user's profile Send private message
Amigo

fortune cookie wrote:
This has nothing to do with the Flag, ya' git.

[...]

The Flag itself, stands for morals, honor, the idea of others before self.
It is a symbol of the ideas that our forefathers used, to form this great nation.
Many men have given their all for what that Flag truly represents.

Do not contaminate it with the lack of such, morals, honor and the idea of self before others,
that currently occupies the White House.
These men, (and I use the term loosely) have sullied that symbol by their association with it.
And for committing such an affront, should pay with their lives.
Treason and Profiteering during Wartime, come to mind as proper charges.
As you were.

Yeah, I know, FC, but I have not flown my flag since the assholes took over, and I won't until they are gone. If things don't improve markedly in this country after that, I will NEVER fly it again. It has become nothing more than a jingoist symbol which all the assholes wear as lapel pins. It has lost, perhaps forever, what it stood for to me.

Last edited by Amigo on Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:26 pm   View user's profile Send private message
fortune cookie

To fly the Stars and Stripes or not, is up to you.

To defile it by using it for sanitary purposes, is a whole other issue.

I am merely pointing out that, it is not the flag that needs to be
reproached here.

Post Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:46 pm   View user's profile Send private message
mllefifi

Amigo wrote:
[...] I have not flown my flag since the assholes took over, and I won't until they are gone. If things don't improve markedly in this country after that, I will NEVER fly it again. It has beomce nothing more than a jingoist symbol which all the assholes wear as lapel pins. It has lost, perhaps forever, what it stood for to me.

Not to mention the display of disgustingly faded and tattered flags hanging outside of businesses and sticking up from car windows -- since 9-11, no less. Rolling Eyes

Post Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:46 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Amigo

fortune cookie wrote:

reproached here.

FC, don't take everything I say so fucking literally! Smile

Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:16 am   View user's profile Send private message
zendao42

Amigo wrote:

It has beomce nothing more than a jingoist symbol which all the assholes wear as lapel pins. It has lost, perhaps forever, what it stood for to me.

Cymbals are for drummers & you should never put lapel pins near your asshole-
no, wait a minute...
somehow SANTANA fits in here...

Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:28 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ginjg

fortune cookie wrote:

reproached here.

I think he meant that the Bushco Neocons who wave the flags most fervently to entrall the masses essentially wipe their asses with it by trampling down everything it stands for.

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:50 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
fortune cookie

Amigo wrote:
fortune cookie wrote:

reproached here.

FC, don't take everything I say so fucking literally! Smile

Sorry, didn't have my secret decoder inyerendo ring at the time.
Was unable to cypher the subtilties.
Did I mention that I failed diplomacy and subterfuge?

Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:31 am   View user's profile Send private message
dougp

Bad evil Bush and the neo-cons. In reading that story, more than one person was said to have testified before congress, and nothing was done. So far in the presidential campaignings I've not heard one member of the Democrats bring this matter up. I find myself amused at those of you that think any of this would be different had Dubya lost the last election, or will change if a Dem takes the Whitehouse in the next. We have a one party system masquerading as a two.

Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:48 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Ginjg

dougp wrote:
Bad evil Bush and the neo-cons. In reading that story, more than one person was said to have testified before congress, and nothing was done. So far in the presidential campaignings I've not heard one member of the Democrats bring this matter up. I find myself amused at those of you that think any of this would be different had Dubya lost the last election, or will change if a Dem takes the Whitehouse in the next. We have a one party system masquerading as a two.

Not before congress - before federal judges. And The Justice department has refused to investigate or prosecute. Different branches, ones more directly controlled (and redirected) than congress, by a dedicated bunch of amoral bastards.

Congress is busy trying to figure out what crap's been going on right here at home, how we can extricate ourselves from the Iraq mess for which they are also culpable, arguing the gross points of domestic issues and generally trying to find their asses.

But the profiteering is going on and being deliberately overlooked by the Bush administration and the prime benefactors of it are no bid contractors installed by Bush appointees. Yeah, hands are dirty across the board, but it's best to identify and hold accountable the sources. Even if there's not much you can do about it, you've got to cry foul.

~~~~~~~

Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:38 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
dougp

Bunnatine "Bunny" Greenhouse knows this only too well. As the highest-ranking civilian contracting officer in the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, she testified before a congressional committee in 2005 that she found widespread fraud in multibillion-dollar rebuilding contracts awarded to former Halliburton (nyse: HAL - news - people ) subsidiary KBR (nyse: KBR - news - people ).

Ginjg, it's not about me being right, rather it's about you being wrong. Believe what you will. My opinion is that there is to be no difference in the outcome, be it Dem or Rep. I understand and sympathize with those that believe different, for I too at one time believed in Santa, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy. Our government is corrupt, because we as a people are corrupt. As a nation we like to posture that we are the best of people and systems, much the way Christian fundamentalists or Muslim fanatics claim that theirs is the one and only way to God. I doubt that you'd need to look much further than the mirror to see someone that has at one time or another taken advantage of a situation with a selfish interest in mind. Any claims that such offenses are of a lesser caliber than those put forth in the article are merely a matter of judgement based on perception. This does not mean in any way that what is going on is right, nor acceptable. Just pointing out from where it starts.

Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:07 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Ginjg

I stand corrected on that one. But in '05 the Elephants were being controled by the clown and his stun stick, and the asses had no power at all, not that they use what power they've got now to any effect.

I understand that all humans are opportunists, which is why we do have laws in an attempt to curb the worst of it. To blow institutional corruption off as "Oh it's just human nature" is to relinquish all prospect for improvement. I know it's a common view - "things are what they are and demanding change is a waste of time". But if that were true you would not have that big screen TV, your computer, your car, or the leisure to post comments here.

~~~~~~~

Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:39 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
fortune cookie

fortune cookie wrote:

Money has become most peoples GOD.

The poor people in this story are suffering because they came between
an "f-tard" and his GOD. In this case actually, many F-tards and their GOD.
This is the exact reason politicians and judges, lobbyists, union reps, and
most religious leaders in general. Should be hung from the street lights
that line D.C. IMHO. Rolling Eyes.

So y'all are just gonna nix this idea?
If'n you're gonna have a revolution somebodys' gotta be revoltin'.

Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:06 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: