Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Politics

The Turkey Soars Again

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Amigo

The Turkey Soars Again  Reply with quote  

"The White House says the decision to have the president fly into Anbar was to show the successes of the surge in that region and touting this as “a symbolic expression of impatience with political paralysis in the nation’s capital.” The truth of the matter is that the president is nowhere near an Iraqi city, he’s tucked away in a remote area and safe — surrounded by soldiers. I guess this is the best spin they could put on this seeing as how after four years of U.S. occupation, it still isn’t safe enough for him to fly into Baghdad.

MSNBC’s Contessa Brewer brought in Republican strategist Joe Watkins and former Senior Advisor to John Kerry, James Boyce, to talk about the presidential visit.

Boyce is on the money, calling this what it was — a staged photo op. Watkins tries to spin this as a positive move by the president, and that he wants to get in touch with the troops to find out what’s going on on the ground, but Boyce fires back, reminding him that if Bush really wanted to get things done in Iraq he’d stay for more than six hours, he’d visit more than three times in four years and he wouldn’t have ignored the Iraq Study Group’s recommendations."

Video HERE for those of you who cannot get enough of our, "What, me worry?" "decider."

Post Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:32 am   View user's profile Send private message
leprrkan

Did you see the interview on one of the morning chat shows about the new bio? Apparently W tells the writer he often "cries at night" worrying about the decisions he's made regarding Iraq. He also knew that by becoming "a war-time president" he would be spending a lot of time hugging family members of fallen soldiers. That will come as welcome news to the grandparents of Donald Oaks, a local soldier who was killed in '04 and whose family still has not been given details of his death (there are allegations of it being "friendly fire").
This is the same jackass that flew a military jet he had no experience on on to the flight deck of an aircraft carrier for a photo-op. That seems to be all that other human beings are to him, pawns. Either to get what he wants, to get himself ahead, or to further his own agendas. When they've lost their usefulness, fuck 'em. He's like a comic-book villain.

- "Bones"

Post Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:37 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Amigo

Yeah, I read about that, but I think you're giving him WAY too much credit for having brains enough to even have a conscience.

Post Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:33 am   View user's profile Send private message
leprrkan

Quote:
Yeah, I read about that, but I think you're giving him WAY too much credit for having brains enough to even have a conscience.

Nope Exclamation Not me Exclamation Very Happy

- "Bones"

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:54 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ginjg

It was labor day after all. Just shows that the only american laborers W has any use for are the defacto slaves he's got.

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:18 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: