Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

I am Noob. :[
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
VZG

I am Noob. :[  Reply with quote  

I come bearing muffins baked with LOVE.

Oh, wait... oh... oh no. I appear to have mixed up my spice rack again, and these... these muffins... I've accidentally baked them with SHAME.

...BUT THEY ARE STILL TASTY!

Uh, anyway.

I'm VZG (or "Veez," if you are bizarre and prefer one syllable with more letters, as most of my friends seem to), and I am a student (woe) studying film. I first discovered Christopher Moore's Lamb in my most awesome of English classes in my senior year of high school. (Well, actually, I liked the teacher and I liked Lamb and a few of the other books on our optional reading list, but I hated most of the required reading, except for Metamorphosis... which everyone else hated... anyway!) After reading it I let my father borrow it, and he, too, fell in love with Moore's writing. We now own Lamb, Practical Demonkeeping, The Stupidest Angel, A Dirty Job, and You Suck; unfortunately, I have only read Lamb and You Suck thus far, though I'm working on The Stupidest Angel, but being a student is hard... with all the homework... and the laundry... that I'm not doing. The only one Dad's not read is Practical Demonkeeping, which I'm sure he will take to read soon.

In any case, I've decided to join your ranks after seeing the "Not In The Butt" M&M captions in Mr. Moore's MySpace blog. (Okay, it's embarrassing to admit that I have a MySpace, really, but the good news is that I pretty much only have it to read Moore's blog and two others.)

And now that I've officially made this introduction far too long and am officially too tired to even spell correctly anymore, uh. Hi! Muffins! Baked with shame! HAVE SOME.

Post Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:10 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
zendao42

Very Happy Welcome VZG!

Have some cocoa (it dropped below 60 degrees tonight, I'm bringing back the cocoa!)...

Muffins, eh?
Well, throw some chocolate chips in them & I'll take some- just no fucking blueberries!
Thanks for reminding me that I need to post that old WEEKLY WORLD NEWS recipe for sex muffins-
when I get around to it...

The prefered offering is pie, but most won't complain if you bring something sweet-
if you're male, however, Joe likes key lime pie-
it can make the strip search less harsh.
Oh, are you naked? Rules are rules, after all...

BTW, you will find that a large number of us are also 'Space cadets-
I joined because of the AG, too...

Post Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:26 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
VZG

Mmm, cocoa.

Well, actually, they're pumpkin muffins. Because those are the very best sort of muffins, and even shame cannot taint them!

I am not male. Sometimes I forget that people don't know this through telepathy. Uh, the "G" actually stands for/stood for "girl." And... I'm not currently naked, out of respect to my roommate and her guest. But if you give me time and some chloroform, we may be able to remedy that.

Post Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:45 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Goudron

Find your own chloroform, strip, and assume the position please. Welcome Smile

Post Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:42 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
VZG

Oh, all right!

You know, I had to go all the way around the corner to get this stuff.

Post Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:07 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Klari

Isn't chloroform available on every street corner in New York? Oh, that's crack, my bad.

Welcome VZG, I've just cursed you back in Chatzy.

Have you read the rules of the board? That would be where the getting naked references are coming from, there's sort of a probationary/hazing period for newbies (Except we don't use the word hazing, it tends to bring about lawsuits). Just keep your head down, beware of Deb, the Uber Diva Ultima and for God's sakes, DON'T look her directly in the eye. However, bonus points can be earned by kicking around her minion dougp.

Now. Amuse us newbie. Twisted Evil

Post Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:16 pm   View user's profile Send private message
VZG

Okay, I shall juggle! Nakedly!

Oh, wait. That's blinding, not amusing.

I can flail about awkwardly for a while! It makes me look a little like a squid.

Post Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:27 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Klari

VZG wrote:

I can flail about awkwardly for a while! It makes me look a little like a squid.

Really? It makes you look like you're in the Navy? How does it do that? Do you spontaneously appear in a uniform? That IS a trick. We gots ourselves a talented newbie here people. Twisted Evil

Post Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:29 pm   View user's profile Send private message
VZG

Well, my skin changes to look uniform-ish, but I am still naked.

Post Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:00 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
MrEMann

Hello n00b!!!!!! Glad that you are settling in OK. You do need to run back around the corner and pick up some pie. Muffins, while OK, just aren't the same in many ways, besides the obvious.

Oh, and while you are there, Klari needs swifter refills and a fridge box Arm and Hammer (the box that opens on the side with the holes in it)

Post Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:30 pm   View user's profile Send private message
fortune cookie

Welcome!
Do make yourself comfortable.
Nekked? Stack of AG books? Some funnies already submitted.
Have you returned with the Pie yet?
Haven't had Mince, in some time, that might be nice.

Post Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:07 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Joelibris

Welcome, A broad! Errr, aboard....

Post Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:27 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
VZG

Is chocolate okay? I'm not the biggest pie fan, but I can stomach almost anything if it's chocolate flavored...

Post Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:26 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Joelibris

Lets see... chocolate + pie....you'll do OK.

Post Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:09 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
VZG

Huzzah!

Post Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:19 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: