Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Politics

4 types of people.

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
juissez

4 types of people.  Reply with quote  

Over the last few years I have listened to many people's opinions on the War in Iraq and I boil them down to four main groups of people:

1) Those who wanted to go to war and still support it.

2) Those who did not want to go to war and are still against it.

3) Those who did not want to go to war but support it now.

4) Those who wanted to go to war but are against it now.

And i have, of course developed an opinion about each group:

1) I like these people, they have not given up hope

2) I like these people, they give us constant reminders that our goals should lead to peace.

3) I like these people, they recognize that even though the country did not make the choice they wanted, they still have a responsibility to the troops. And hell, once you put the money on the line, you see it through. (I personally belong to this group)

4) I can't stand these people. It is only the most callous and amoral of people who would send our troops into harms way where many of them have and will continue to be killed, and them demand that we end the war before we achieve our goals.

I have left all issues of tactics and strategy out of this post. I wanted to talk about the WHY of the war, not HOW it is being fought.

Post Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:29 am   View user's profile Send private message
deb

Last I checked, those people who fall into category 4 are those who feel that the government lied in a manner most foul to get a war. They are only guilty of guilibility, and are not deserving of your distain.

Post Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:43 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
zevon

You don't have to support the war to support the troops.
BIG fucking difference.

Post Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:38 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Goudron

Re: 4 types of people.  Reply with quote  

juissez wrote:

3) I like these people, they recognize that even though the country did not make the choice they wanted, they still have a responsibility to the troops.

What responsibility to the troops are we fulfilling by having them stay in Iraq?

Post Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:28 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Lisa M

Not to lighten the thread, but I was struck by the phrase harms way.
Forgive me, but my laptop does not do apostrophe key.
So, is it Harm(aposptrophe) s, as in possessive of Harm? And if so, who is Harm?)
Or is it plural, Harms (i.e. many harm)? And who are they?

Sorry, I digress.

Did not like the war from the start, do not like it now.

Post Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:52 pm   View user's profile Send private message
juissez

No intelligence agency is going to have the complete picture of the situation before action is taken. Politicians are going to lie to you. As long as soldiers are still in the field they are going to continue to die. Gullible citizens don't make these soldiers any less dead. Innocent non-combatants will die in any war. Profiteers will come out in hoards. These are just some of the reasons the citizens of country should consider BEFORE we go into war.

The intent of this post, in my round about way, is to ask what are the responsibilities of the citizens who demand we go to war and what are the responsibilities of of the citizens who beg us not to go into war?

Post Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:06 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: