Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Signed Lamb in Leather at Last
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Amigo

Signed Lamb in Leather at Last  Reply with quote  

http://www.booksinc.net/NASApp/store/IndexJsp?&s=showproduct&isbn=NB21237017

When you click on the "Add to Cart" link, TWO items are displayed:

Lamb Special Gift Ed: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
( Hardcover (Cloth) ) Coming Soon -- Available for Pre-Order Now $19.95

Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal - Signed Edition
( Item) Coming Soon -- Available for Pre-Order Now $19.95

One says, "Hardcover Cloth," and the other says, "Signed Edition."

What's up with that? I'm confused. Confused

Post Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:22 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Goudron

They're SEALED?>??

How will I be able to bring myself to unseal them? Sealed they will stay, like the Queen Amidala mistakenly encased with a Darth Vader nametag. Woe is me.

Post Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:53 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
chris
Site Admin

I know, it's a clusterfuck. Rest assured, any that they sell will be signed. I'm trying to get them to clean the links up.

Post Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:48 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Lisa M

So, I am just wondering, since my hard back Lamb went missing (I think I know who has it but she claims she bought it) and my dog ATE the softcover, and my birthday is coming up (Nov. 16) well, you know, I accept gifts.

Seriously, CM what a great thing, in this era of publishing, that we have Lamb in Leather.

Oh, that sounds . . . Shocked

Post Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:41 pm   View user's profile Send private message
FattyFattyPorkFace

I just ordered 4! Yay!

It said...

Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal - Signed Edition

Woohoo!

Post Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:47 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Lukaret

Location: ... Hell. No wait... make that GP, Texas, that's about the same thing.

I'm so glad this is up, since I lost my paperback edition. Sad

Sweeeeeetness. <3

Facebook Me!

I have a Twitter too.

Slowly returning from the hell pit that is college. I hope. D:

Post Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:14 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Karen B.

Okay, I have to ask:

Quote:
originally posted by chris
Lamb in leather, special gift bibly edtion

Is this a red-letter edition, with all of Jesus' words in red? (Or Biff's in . . teal?)[/quote]

Really, the new Lamb sounds quite spiffy! The mind can boggle at the variety of Bibles out there; I eagerly anticipate the potential variations for Lamb.

Cheers.
KB

Post Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:45 am   View user's profile Send private message
mllefifi

Karen B. wrote:
[...] The mind can boggle at the variety of Bibles out there [...]

Haven't you heard of the Bible Boggle game? Instead of letter cubes inside the container like regular Boggle, there are bible verses. You shake the container, and then you have to try to commit all the sins mentioned in the verses that are visible inside.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:17 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Click

Got mine ordered....well, it is not really mine, it will be a christmas gift, but hey, I got all the books, so I will see you AG in Decatur!!

Post Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:36 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
kennyjb

Signed in leather? How do we know he was wearing leather when he signed it? Does it come with a picture of CM dressed in leather as he signs it as proof? Do they even make leather Hawaiian shirts? Shocked Sounds like a scam to me....

Ok, I'm ordering one just to find out, I got 20 bucks to burn! Very Happy

Post Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:15 am   View user's profile Send private message
mllefifi

I just now ordered two copies from Books Inc. -- one for me, and one for that other person who claims to be me. Very Happy

Post Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:20 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Q

If only I could get one.

I'd give the shirt off my back for a copy...even, say, a Fluke shirt.

Keeping Demons Practical
Q
and the second has all of the fun.

--Analytics of Five

Post Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:36 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
zendao42

In case anybody else pre-ordered from Wordsmiths Books, here's the latest:

Thanks again for ordering signed copies of the gift edition of Lamb by Christopher Moore from Wordsmiths Books. The book signing and event with Chris on Saturday was fantastic. As you probably already know, the publisher was unable to get the gift edition of Lamb to us in time for the event. However, we have worked out a deal with Chris so that instead of books with signed bookplates, we’re actually going to be able to provide signed copies of Lamb.

Christopher Moore has agreed to sign copies of the gift edition at his hometown bookstore in San Francisco, and then he will ship them to us at Wordsmiths. Once we receive the books, we will ship them to all customers who pre-ordered the signed copies. Unfortunately, we don’t have a timetable as to when this will happen—it depends when the store in San Francisco receives the copies and Chris has time to go in and sign them, but we will keep you updated and let you know when the books ship.

Post Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:01 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
chris
Site Admin

Q wrote:
If only I could get one.

I'd give the shirt off my back for a copy...even, say, a Fluke shirt.

Keeping Demons Practical
Q

Wow, I wondered what that noise was -- the lack of whining. I thought for a minute I had noise-reducing headphones, but no...

Smile

Welcome back, Q.

Post Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:11 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Arthur Dent

Mr. Moore,
Nice place you have going on here, though it's more a part of a good sized bulletin board than a blog, but no matter. I only have two more of your books to pick up, and I thought I'd just pop in and thank you for writing them on behalf of myself, my fiancee, and a few of my students.

Thanks.

PS: No matter what avatar I try to upload (.jpg, .gif, or .png) withing the pixel and file-size restrictions, it bounces back that I'm sending an invalid filetype. Any ideas?

Post Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:05 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: