Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Mom, look what I found in the yard... Can I keep 'em?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
kennyjb

Mom, look what I found in the yard... Can I keep 'em?  Reply with quote  

Awesome shots, AG! Very Happy

Must be fleet week?

Post Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:24 pm   View user's profile Send private message
chris
Site Admin

Yep.

Post Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:16 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
deb

Gosh. Too bad when you moved back to the mainlad you had to get such a sucky view from your yard. How DO you deal????

Post Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:36 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
kennyjb

Cool. We're gonna be in Berserkely for lunch on Sat, might have to drag the wife to the city to see some planes. They make her squeal.

We were on the bridge watching all the ships come in about 8 years ago, and out of nowhere a stealth fighter buzzed right over our heads. Man, I got lucky that afternoon when we got home! Wink

Post Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:48 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Klari

'Kay, first, how BIG is your backyard? Damn.

The weekend after I met the fantastic and gracious AG and his lovely wifelike girlfriend Charlee, we had to go back to SF to pick up our car (we lost our clutch and they weren't going to have it done until the following week). We stayed at a hotel near the Civic Center and while my parents took my brother to the Wharf to find some T-shirt artist they'd seen the weekend before, I was hitting Nordstrom Rack. Being a little more than 6 months after 9/11 I was a little twitchy when one, then two fighters buzzed the Bay bridge. Well, it was an on or off ramp of the Bay Bridge I think. Anyway, it was a big concrete structure of the type used in freeways with cars traveling on it. As I pulled out my cell phone to make contact with the rents, two more went screaming by. This lady saw me and my visible worry and said,"Oh, that's just the Blue Angels, they're in Oakland this weekend.

Imagine my relief. I could continue my discounted Nordstrom shopping uninterrupted.

Post Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:12 pm   View user's profile Send private message
skunk johnson

Quote:
I was working this afternoon when I heard a noise outside. I went out there...

"Why are you taking pictures of airplanes instead of working on the new book? Get to work!"

(that second pic is awesome! Shocked )

Post Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:57 am   View user's profile Send private message
Lib

As a mom, I have to say:

You expect me to believe they just followed you home?

There is no such thing as a free fighter plane.

Who's going to clean up the jet fuel?

The neighbors will complain about the noise.

Guess who'll end up taking it for a flight.

Post Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:15 am   View user's profile Send private message
Lisa M

Cool pics!

Yes, they are LOUD. But oh so cool to watch the show. I live in a Navy town & they would fly right over the houses - low & awesome.

Post Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:38 am   View user's profile Send private message
mllefifi

Why do they have to practice THERE? Geeze.

All I can say is: Chris, you live on Russian Hill? Poor thing. Couldn't get a nice ritzy pad in a better area of town, like, say, the Tenderloin?

Just kidding.

Now you take those planes back where you found them, or you won't get any broccoli for dinner. And it's your favorite recipe: cooked in the microwave in the morning and then left there all day. Twisted Evil

Post Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:23 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Klari

Lib wrote:

Guess who'll end up taking it for a flight.

Play that last bit back in your head Lib.

Post Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:07 am   View user's profile Send private message
leprrkan

I'll see your five of a kind Mr. Moore and raise you a pair.  Reply with quote  

As I was fueling up the workmobile today, a couple of AH "Apache" choopers flew over. I'll try to put the pics up tomorrow. Not as good as Ag's, since they're off a camera phone, but still cool. The PA Air Nat'l Guard was recruiting at a local university.

- "Bones"

Post Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:08 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
i8tokyo

They were here in Kansas City last month. I just sat in my office and watched them do their stuff all day Thursday and Friday. I don't know why I even went to work those days...oh yeah, paycheck. Have fun watching the fly guys.

-"Some people are like slinkies--they are good for nothing, but can still bring a smile to your face by throwing them down a flight of stairs."

Post Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:16 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Wingnut

I'm totally nuts about machines with wings...go figure...Wingnut...these guys are awesome! I've never seen them live - up here we have the snowbirds - slow jet trainers, but there's 9 of them and they're less than 2 ft apart, so still pretty cool.

Hey, AG - notice that the two planes with '7' on their tails are two-seaters, which means these guys probably take passengers...you maybe want to check into that! Being a famous, bestselling author might just get you 15 minutes of airtime!

"Life's too short to get wrapped around the axle about the little things." - SK

-The First Law of Geography: Everything is Connected to Everything Else.

Post Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:39 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
chris
Site Admin

Wingnut wrote:
I'm totally nuts about machines with wings...go figure...Wingnut...these guys are awesome! I've never seen them live - up here we have the snowbirds - slow jet trainers, but there's 9 of them and they're less than 2 ft apart, so still pretty cool.

Hey, AG - notice that the two planes with '7' on their tails are two-seaters, which means these guys probably take passengers...you maybe want to check into that! Being a famous, bestselling author might just get you 15 minutes of airtime!

Are you kidding? I almost hurled watching them fly over...

Smile

Post Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:49 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Wingnut

chris wrote:
Wingnut wrote:

Are you kidding? I almost hurled watching them fly over...

Smile

...any chance that the famous, bestselling author could put in a good word for ME to go for a ride, then??? Laughing Laughing ...course then I'd have to get there, so maybe not...

"Life's too short to get wrapped around the axle about the little things." - SK

-The First Law of Geography: Everything is Connected to Everything Else.

Post Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:56 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: