Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> News and Noise

Hey Board-ellos
Goto page 1, 2  Next

What should Hillary be for Halloween?
The Tooth Fairy
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
A Pretty Pretty Princess
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
Give it up, Friend of the Pinko Commie
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
See my suggestion, because I'm smarter than You Are.
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 13

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Hillary

Hey Board-ellos  Reply with quote  

As I have made many friends with you folks over the past 6 months, I need your valuable insight.

Halloween is (not surprisingly) a HUGE deal for the Hillary. The past 5 or 6 years, I've had a relatively 'genre-specific' costume:

1) Goth cheerleader (don't ask - involved PVC)
2) The Evil Queen
3) A wench which included a corset and blue lipstick
4) A vampire
5) Winter - a lot of white clothing.

The point is, they were all fairly sinister and evil.

This year, I want to do something so disgustingly vanilla that it makes people's teeth hurt. I've got some ideas, but I'm open to others. So share with me your thoughts - or - ignore me and be on your way. Okay? Okay.

Post Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:33 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sara Leigh

Glinda (Glenda?), the good witch in the Wizard of Oz. You must wear something totally frothy, with lots of tulle underskirts so it bells out nicely like a ballgown should. Curly hair. It should technically be blond, but you could probably get away with your own long, lovely locks. Stick to the pastel colors. The right tiara is also an essential with a magic wand to match.

Oh, and you must smile continuously and talk like Billie Burke.

Post Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:00 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Robb

I went with the obvious choice of princess, however since you seem to want it so bad why not go with the ninja thing? You really don't need to go with the whole mask but a black gi with the black tabi socks, and appropriate makeup and you could look pretty good.

Post Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:43 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Tal

Pirate wench! Yaaarrrr!

Oh you wanted to be disgustingly vanilla...well be a good pirate wench then. :p Wink

Post Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:15 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Lib

Disgustingly vanilla...  Reply with quote  

Go as Laura Bush Twisted Evil

Post Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:21 am   View user's profile Send private message
Sara Leigh

Ooh, Lib, that's it!

Post Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:04 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

...or Martha Stewart. Plain vanilla with a swirl of evil fudge. Oh, and nuts. Absolutely.

Post Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:25 am   
Unc

Re: Disgustingly vanilla...  Reply with quote  

Lib wrote:
Go as Laura Bush Twisted Evil

Don't forget a pair of "fuck me pumps" to go with the round heels. (See upcoming Kitty Kelley book for the reference.) Laughing

Post Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:20 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Dave

I was gonna suggest going as Molly from Lust Lizard but Robb's got it nailed: do the ninja thing.

Post Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:58 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Paul R

Go as Shirley Temple with an evil lolipop.

Post Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:16 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

How 'bout Shirley Temple [in] Black ... ambassador & henchman for GOP

Post Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:57 pm   
KaosDevice

I'm voting for Shub-Nigurath. Hey I'm thinking about doing The King in Yellow.

"It's fun to Obey the Machine!" - Ralphie

Post Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:49 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
i8tokyo

Betty Crocker, hand out choclate-chip cookies as you go. (50's dress, apron, string of pearls...)

-"Some people are like slinkies--they are good for nothing, but can still bring a smile to your face by throwing them down a flight of stairs."

Post Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:05 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Hillary

Quote:
I'm voting for Shub-Nigurath.

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO MIGHT NOT KNOW OUR FRIEND LOVECRAFT:

Shub-Niggurath, The Black Goat of the Woods With a Thousand Young is a dark and terrible alien fertility goddess in the mythos, sometimes depicted as a demonic goat, sometimes as an enormous amorphous mass spawning her "Dark Young"-- huge tentacled tree-like hulks with shaggy goats legs and hooves -- in an endless orgy of reproduction.

What exactly are you trying to tell me, Kaos?

Post Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:11 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tal

Hillary wrote:
Quote:
I'm voting for Shub-Nigurath.

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO MIGHT NOT KNOW OUR FRIEND LOVECRAFT:

Shub-Niggurath, The Black Goat of the Woods With a Thousand Young is a dark and terrible alien fertility goddess in the mythos, sometimes depicted as a demonic goat, sometimes as an enormous amorphous mass spawning her "Dark Young"-- huge tentacled tree-like hulks with shaggy goats legs and hooves -- in an endless orgy of reproduction.

What exactly are you trying to tell me, Kaos?

*pssst* I think he's mackin' on ya! Wink

Post Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:09 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: