Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

throwing myself to the wolves ...
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
mandi

throwing myself to the wolves ...  Reply with quote  

hello. i'm mandi. actually, i'm lisa, but i use mandi for another message board, and there are an awful lot of lisas here already. i answer to both.

helpful things to know about me:
- yes, i've read the rules. and yes, i'm posting naked. honest. really. i swear.
- unfortunately i cannot currently sit naked on a pile of chris moore books cause i've lent most of them out. (my copy of LAMB is being held hostage by the chick who turned me onto mr. moore's writing. it's a long story, i ain't getting it back, it keeps me awake at night that it no longer sits on my dusty nighttable while i'm sleeping, so i'm planning on buying a new one. really soon.) (BLOODSUCKING FIENDS & THE LUST LIZARD OF MELANCHOLY COVE are trapped in a storage room in el paso. another long story.) i'm not proud.
- i have yet to read COYOTE BLUE. i'm not proud.
- i usually don't bother with capitalization, and i frequently mangle my mother tongue for comic effect. hopefully i'm not offended anyone right off the bat with this admission.
- i'm old. i'm married. i have a 12 yr old kid who is just about old enough to "get" chris moore. which both delights and frightens me.
- i'm fairly intimidated by the fact that you're all friends already. but i have a bunch of friends at another message board, so i can always run back there for hugs and vibes and stuff if you all decide to shun me.
- the night "buffy" ended, i drank myself into a stupor, cried, puked all over my bedroom carpet, and wound up calling in sick the next day. if that's not pathetic, i don't know what is. and i can't believe i'm admitting this on a public message board. eeep.

thanks for listening. reading. you know.
and thanks to lib for directing me to the appropriate intro place.

Post Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:22 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Lib

Welcome mandi!  Reply with quote  

I just love telling people where to go. Wink
Hey...I just go past the naked posting a couple of months ago...at least I could have stopped at that point.
Anyways...welcome.
PS: Watch out for Hillary Twisted Evil

Post Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:30 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Q

and the second has all of the fun.

--Analytics of Five

Post Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:36 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
chris
Site Admin

Welcome, Mandi/Lisa. We're glad to have you (so to speak). You can be our friend too. We like you just the way your are. It's a lot like Mr. Rodgers' neighborhood except I don't wear a sweater and when we go to the magic kingdom we have to go through a security check.

Post Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:43 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Hillary

Lib Said:

Quote:
I just love telling people where to go.
Hey...I just go past the naked posting a couple of months ago...at least I could have stopped at that point.
Anyways...welcome.
PS: Watch out for Hillary

I heard that.

Welcome aboard, lady. I see smiles in your future!

(See, that wasn't at all bad)

Post Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:04 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sara Leigh

Welcome to the AG's house of laughs.

You say you're old, but that's relative. I've noticed there are more and more of us old folks hanging around here lately. What's up with that?

Post Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:12 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Think insane.

Welcome Lisa who is called Mandi. I dear say you shall fit in just fine.

thinkinsane at mac dot com
AIM: thinkpsychotic

Post Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:14 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Goudron

Re: throwing myself to the wolves ...  Reply with quote  

mandi wrote:

- i'm old. i'm married. i have a 12 yr old kid who is just about old enough to "get" chris moore. which both delights and frightens me.

I have a 13 yo boy... I'm thinking the same thing. Mrs. Goudron says he'll have to wait until he's 18 to read anything by AG though. I'm torn.

Post Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:40 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mandi

oooo, what a warm welcome! i thank you, and my fragile ego thanks you. Very Happy

goudron, yes, actually i may have spoken too soon. there's so much i want to share with him (ie: "south park"). yet there's so much i want to shield him from (ie: "south park"). torn is right.

*hoping the 'delights and frightens' comment was taken in the spirit intended* Embarassed

this is not my avatar of first choice. (i'm lovin on the kitty with the frog hat, was that yours, hillary? made me lol bigtime.) the search begineth ...

Post Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:02 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Lauren

Hi Mandy, welcome welcome. Jump right in.

Post Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:44 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Unc

Sara Leigh wrote:
You say you're old, but that's relative. I've noticed there are more and more of us old folks hanging around here lately. What's up with that?

The older one gets, the more one notices how much there is in life to laugh at?

Post Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:39 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Sara Leigh

Unc wrote:
Sara Leigh wrote:

The older one gets, the more one notices how much there is in life to laugh at?

Either that or the older one gets, the more one wants to escape the grim realities and laugh all the way to one's grave.

Post Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:37 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
mandi

humorous books/movies are higher on my list of preferred escapes than retail therapy. (whoa. did i just say that?!) Shocked
laughter is the best medicine and all that rot.

altho right now, methinks a stiff mojito would do wonders.

Post Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:48 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Tal

mandi wrote:

altho right now, methinks a stiff mojito would do wonders.

Shocked 'ere now. We'll have none of THAT talk miss. Wink

Welcome to the boards. Very Happy

Post Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:41 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
mandi

thank you again for the warm welcomes. how refreshing. (i got snarked at at the weight watchers boards. for merely whining about not wanting to count points. what fun is dieting if you can't whine about it? sheesh.) Rolling Eyes

please to 'splain: is mojito talk frowned upon? i wouldn't want to make any serious faux pas.

speaking of which, is there a DO'S & DON'TS thread? i've already read the rules several times. (and yes, i'm posting naked. at work. honest.)

Post Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:03 am   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: