Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments

Ducky apocalypse.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
mister

Ducky apocalypse.  Reply with quote  

amusing stuff, hil. i'm getting a very 'good omens' vibe off of your initial writing. which means gaiman/pratchett. which means delightful irreverence and humor.

I have no specific comments other than you seem to be developing nice rhythm in the prose of this piece. I would reccommend looting ideas from good omens, from piers anthony's 'for love of evil', the graphic novel 'lucifer', and, if you can stomach it, bits and pieces of paradise lost. nobody quite like Millie, even if i can hardly stand to read him.

i'm sure you've probably read most if not all of my suggestions, but even if you have, a refresh will keep up the throttle.

Verdict: It's good. It'll be genius if you find a way to work in Pancake introducing himself as "Flapjack Cottontail". sho nuff.

Post Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:25 am   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Hillary

thank ye. 'Preciate it.

Smile

Post Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:59 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
JennyO

I like it too, Hillary.

I don't always read the Fan Fiction submissions, but who could resist a ducky apocalypse? Besides, my daughter was watching Care Bears in the background, so I had that whole pit of hell thing already in my head... Smile

Jen

Post Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:24 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Goudron

Thank you for "Mister McNaughtybottom" I laughed at something as well. But I'm tired and I can't remember what. That's no reflection on how memorable your piece is, just me.

Ah ha, went back and found it: "Those aren’t sin sins. They’re the stupid ones"

Post Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:06 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
earthshoes

Quote:
"Those aren’t sin sins. They’re the stupid ones"

This one slayed me too. By the way--what's with the underlined parts?

Post Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:00 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Hillary

proper manuscript format. If stuff is going to be in italics in a document, the standard is to underline it to notify the publishing house.

I'm trying to be good and formatting this one correctly right off the bat so I don't have the nightmares I had with the last book. Trying to get that one onto a page the correct way was nuts.

Post Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:01 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
earthshoes

Thanks. I just wondered. Do you already have someone interested in this one?

Post Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:08 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Hillary

Nope. Maybe one day.

Smile

I've got a lot of ideas, and don't think my prose is too awful. I figure if I keep writing, sooner or later one of these ideas will hook an unsuspecting publishing house and I might get my name into print. Might never happen, but nothing ventured nothing gained.

I wasn't even sure if I should attempt humor, but it looks like the response is positive (thanks again guys), so I'll keep going with it. I've got an outline that should prove funny, so we'll see what happens.

Post Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:12 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tito

buh-bye.

Last edited by Tito on Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:31 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Hillary

thanks Tito.

Post Sat Sep 18, 2004 8:11 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
palmer

Put it on the dust jacket!  Reply with quote  

Haven't been able to read it read -- the first line was brilliant! -- but had to say, in the meantime, that that's the most soulful avatar I've ever seen, Hillary.

Put it on the dust jacket!

Post Sat Sep 18, 2004 2:29 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Lib

Better Late...  Reply with quote  

Hil, just read your Satan's Son story. Had computer problems at home, so have been checking board at work and didn't take time to read any fiction. Computer back up at home, so have now read your story.
Very funny, good interaction between the two charactors. Keep up the good work. You go, girl!

Post Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:45 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Hillary

Thanks!  Reply with quote  

You rock, Lib.

And it looks like the apocalypse story will be completed next month during NaNo (National Novel Writers Month). First draft *should* be set for revamping in December or january. yay!

Post Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:19 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tito

buh-bye.

Last edited by Tito on Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:14 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Hillary

Chapter 3, alive and well.

I'll put up chapter 4 soon

Post Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:18 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: