Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> News and Noise

Is this bizarre behavior, do you suppose...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

What should I do with with Chuck E Cheese?
Leave him alone, he could be a re-incarnated family member or friend.
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Help him out and feed him, don't you remember "Androcles and the Lion"?
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Fry him like a retarded kid on death row in Texas.
72%
 72%  [ 8 ]
Skin him and make reeeeally tiny shoes out of his hide, mice is good eatin'.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Make videos of him, post them on youtube and wait for royalty checks to roll in.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
leprrkan

Is this bizarre behavior, do you suppose...  Reply with quote  

I have a mouse...

in my house.

A very small one, but a mouse nonetheless. He is gray and about the size of a pack of gum. I've spotted him on three separate occasions.

He doesn't seem to be eating any of our food at all, since I haven't seen evidence of things ripped open or food scattered about. And he hasn't left droppings anywhere that I have found.

The thing is, I don't have the heart to set traps for him. I was going to buy humane traps and let him go at the park nearby, but I was afraid he'd either freeze to death or get into someone's house who would kill him. So, I was thinking I'll wait until spring to get a humane trap and then, if he's still around, I'll catch him and let him go at the park. What do you guys think? How much harm could a little mouse do? And he is a cute little fucker, I gotta admit.

- "Bones"

Last edited by leprrkan on Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:02 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Notdeadyet

Listen up. I will tell you the secret of the original yooper trap.
Go get a plastic bucket, a yardstick, some sawdust or torn up newspaper and a package of sunflower seeds, or peanuts or cheerios or whatever.
put the bucket where you last saw himor her. Place one end of the yardstick on the floor and the other end just over the edge of the bucket, making a ramp.
put your soft stuff, just a little in the bottom of the bucket.
now... make a trail
hansel and gretel like around the edge of the room even under stuff and then up the ramp...
don't put too much, just like one every 6 inches or so...
then put a bunch in your bucket.
the little bugger will get busy hauling in the stash and getting up the ramp. then when it's all tired from hauling it back and forth all night it will jump in the bucket to get the motherload never thinking how he will get OUT .
Believe me, this works..
it may not be the same one. there are probably more..
you must put it out every night a week after it's gone.
get rid of it, it will tell it's friends and relations your an easy mark.
they will be napping in your poptarts box soon in your cupboard.
after it is looking at you from its bucket all teary eyed you must take it somewhere not your house.
this is the big problem. where do you leave it.
do not try to drown it. they swim.
Get rid of it.
Perhaps there is a restroom in a political headquarters office you care to leave it in?
I got three words for you.
HANTAVIRUS PULMONARY SYNDROME
God, sometimes ignorance is bliss. Shocked

Last edited by Notdeadyet on Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:18 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Joelibris

Catch 'im, keep 'im, name 'im, love 'im.

Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:21 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Notdeadyet

What if him's a her with mousketeers juniors in the oven???

Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:22 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Joelibris

He or she knew the risks going in.

Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:23 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
girlEgirl

whats hantivirus pulminary syndrome

Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:31 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Robb

I say nuke the bastard! No shit there I was in Govt housing, we had a mouse living in our kitchen. He was leaving droppings all over the place one day I was looking in one of the overhead cabinats for something and I suprised the little bugger. He went all kamikaze on me! Let out this mousy BANZAI! and leapt out at me like he was ready to do some damage. Worst part was my wife and daughter were standing right there and screamed like well women screaming which can seriously freak a guy out here. I ended up swatting him out of the air but needless to say we all were more than a little freaked. Since then I have developed a serious first strike policy on Mickey. Can't let those cheeky little buggers get away with things or the next thing you know it Matrix time in the kitchen.

Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:23 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Joelibris

Robb wrote:
I say nuke the bastard! No shit there I was in Govt housing, we had a mouse living in our kitchen. He was leaving droppings all over the place one day I was looking in one of the overhead cabinats for something and I suprised the little bugger. He went all kamikaze on me! Let out this mousy BANZAI! and leapt out at me like he was ready to do some damage. Worst part was my wife and daughter were standing right there and screamed like well women screaming which can seriously freak a guy out here. I ended up swatting him out of the air but needless to say we all were more than a little freaked. Since then I have developed a serious first strike policy on Mickey. Can't let those cheeky little buggers get away with things or the next thing you know it Matrix time in the kitchen.

'Robb's Ninja Exterminators'. Now THERE'S a money making venture!

Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:01 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Kar98

Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:13 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
lisa

Not a good idea to keep mousie around.

Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:40 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
mllefifi

A couple of weeks ago I laid out D-Con boxes of mouse poison (the sick looking greenish-bluish pellets) in the house. Took several days to notice any effect.

One morning right before going to work I saw one mouse crouching INSIDE the box; didn't move a muscle while I looked at it; thought it was dead, but it's eyes were open.

After I got back from work that day, the mouse was still in the box, but lying keeled over on its side, having fully croaked from finishing off the poison in the box. So both the mouse and the box simply went into the trash.

Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:51 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
fortune cookie

Get a CAT.
Allow nature to take its course.

Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:00 am   View user's profile Send private message
Notdeadyet

I'm with FC and Robb. Believe me I have mice experience.
I've had one run up my leg while wearing a skirt. it's little nails were stuck in my hose. I am now anti-panty hose.
Omg, sorry I just had a willies flashback.uuuuhhhhhhhhhh
See, Robb is totally backing me about them napping in your empty poptarts box.
I'm also totally anti D-con because that crap shouldn't ever be laying around. Ever.
I know too many farmer who've left it everywhere and then their two year old grandchildren were playing with it.
Also, I've had to call the DNR on more than one occasion because the ravens were attacking a snowy white on my property up north.
The mice eat the poison, the mice don't die right away, the cat or the owl eats the mouse and gets just enough to be blinded or brain damaged.
There is nothing sadder than watching a blind snowy white owl who is starving because it can no longer hunt be attacked by ravens. Blood on the white feathers... those who know the meaning of the owl and the ravens will know what I mean. But the blood on those white feathers.... It's like a symbol of the apocolypse. Luckily there is a place that takes them in and gets 'em healthy then sells them to zoos. They will be forever handfed.
I've also seen several young hawks and a great horned suffer that way.
Yeah, a cats good too. Or two ferrets. Get two siamese! Very Happy
People just use the poison because they don't want to clean up the mess from the spring traps.... there are glue traps too which are no mess, but then it's stuck and you have to put it outside to freeze to death before you put it in the garbage, although I don't see how that's worse than poison.
I have a feeling Lep can't do a glue trap. Cool
Geez Feef! Next time get a glue trap!!! You know you want to!!! Laughing

Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:53 am   View user's profile Send private message
leprrkan

No cats... allergies.

No glue traps... just plain mean.

No D-Con... again, mean.

Spring-loaded traps... most of the time lead to a slow, painful death, so - mean.

I'm not afraid of mice, or worried about hantavirus (thanks anyway, NDY Very Happy ). So, for now the little bastard stays. When it gets a little warmer, I'll get one of those humane traps, or try the bucket trick, and release him to the wild... THEN nature can take its course.

Kar - nice pic, thanks Very Happy

As an aside, those of you who have read David Sedaris (and if you haven't, this would be a good time to start) may remember "Nuit of the Living Dead"... I'm not the only one with mouse-elimination issues Laughing Wink

- "Bones"

Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:13 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
deb

Then may I be the first to congratulate on the new additions to your home. By this time next year, you'll be the proud owner of perhaps up to 110,592 new mice!

God bless, and get more cornflakes.

(1 mouse is sexually mature after 2 months. Each mouse (given 8 litters per year, each litter with an average of 6 pups)....minus the males of the population, plus just some bullshit mathematical skills I never bothered to really understand in math class so married my math teacher instead.)

Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:25 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: