Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

Please Allow Myself to Introduce... Myself
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
JohnQRotten

Please Allow Myself to Introduce... Myself  Reply with quote  

My name is Gary. I'm 31, married with two kids, ages 7 and 5. I'm a Marylander, born and raised, but I secretly hate steamed crabs (don't tell any of my neighbors or they'll form a lynch mob). I am the epitome of overeducated, underemployed liberal. I have a degree in Film that I'm not using and I gave up on a degree in German when I was just 4 credits shy. Instead, I work as a counselor at a halfway house for people recently released from the state mental hospital. We have a number of people who were judged "not criminally responsible" for some fairly heinous crimes, including but not limited to murdering their own brother, raping an old lady, and holding an immigrant family hostage. Don't worry; They're all medicated and stable (we think) now.
When I'm not babysitting the criminally insane, I enjoy reading. My favorite author is (of course) Chris Moore. I started with You Suck (the title caught my eye in my Sci-Fi Book Club catalog) and then continued with BSF, Lamb, A Dirty Job, Fluke, Practical Demonkeeping, Love Nun, and most recently the Stupidest Angel (which I read over Christmas, appropriately enough). I have Lust Lizard and Coyote Blue coming in the mail. I've also recently enjoyed the Watch series by Sergei Lukyanenko (the part that has been reprinted in English), the Monster series by David Wellington, the Nursery Crimes series by Jasper Fforde, and the zombie books by Max Brooks.
From what I can gather by reading this forum, pie is expected so I've brought some key lime pie. I've also heard some rumblings about a body cavity search. Just know that you'll need some tongs to get by the unsprung rat traps I've left up there.

Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:45 am   View user's profile Send private message
leprrkan

Hmmmm... you babysit nutjobs... I think you'll probably set a record for the noob with the quickest acclimation to the board, since this will be just what you're used to Laughing

Welcome ! Get naked, read the rules, and you better hope that that Key Lime is good stuff, I hear Joe's stopped using lube on his ACBCS Very Happy

- "Bones"

Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:51 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Joelibris

Howdy! Welcome to the boardello! You like Jasper Fforde, so you can't be all bad. Though I still must administer your Ann Coulter Body Cavity Search, I will actually use lube. I still want my key lime pie, though. Before you ask, the reason is that Ann Coulter is one sneaky bitch, and could be hiding anywhere, rat traps or not.

Last edited by Joelibris on Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:11 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sephonae

Welcome! I like the Max Brooks too, though I've only yet read the first one, Zombie Survival Guide. From the cover it looked like a laugh, but once I started reading it and saw the very matter-of-fact tone with which he treats the subject, I started to get this sinking feeling...Still, it's an excellent primer!

Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:26 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Wingnut

Welcome, Mr. Rotten!

Hmmm...looks like Joe's got the usual cavity search...in hand, as it were...

Enjoy! (Or not, doesn't really matter, he's gonna do it anyway...) Laughing Laughing

"Life's too short to get wrapped around the axle about the little things." - SK

-The First Law of Geography: Everything is Connected to Everything Else.

Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:56 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
alico

Re: Please Allow Myself to Introduce... Myself  Reply with quote  

i like how you said fairly heinous Wink

Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:29 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
fortune cookie

Outpatient Clinic for the Criminaly Insane?
Methinks, you'll fare well here.
Have at 'em.

Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:36 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Joelibris

fortune cookie wrote:
Have at 'em.

Nutjob: "Man, I could totally rape an old broad!"

JohnQ: "No weekend pass for you!"

Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:43 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
alico

Joelibris wrote:
fortune cookie wrote:
Have at 'em.

Nutjob: "Man, I could totally rape an old broad!"

JohnQ: "No weekend pass for you!"

more like: i'm sure i gave you a pill, you nutjob!

Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:45 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
fortune cookie

I can just imagine JohnQ singing as he walks down the halls.
"C'mon a my house, a myyy house I'm gonna give you caaandy." Laughing
Or I would in any case. Twisted Evil

Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:48 pm   View user's profile Send private message
alico

if you really want to have them at a place where they can locate you as the pills wear off ...

Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:56 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
zendao42

Very Happy Welcome!

I see the important things are already in order,
so I'll just make the traditional offer of cocoa to warm you for the strip search...

Got a whole pot of cocoa in the lounge, folks-
as you were... Cool

Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:29 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
JohnQRotten

Thank you all for the warm (although somewhat clinically intrusive) welcome!
Actually Joelibres, I wish the nutjobs were that open about their intentions. Many of them are clever enough to pretend they're not delusional. The one who raped the old lady is actually a pretty nice guy. It's just that he's schizophrenic and when he's off his meds the voices tell him that everybody wants him.
Sephonae- You should really read World War Z by Max Brooks. It's my favorite non-Moore book. It's a horror novel, a military thriller, and a social and political satire all rolled up in one. And it just came out in paperback so it's not too $$$ to take a chance on.

Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:49 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Sephonae

I totally saw the paperback version of Zombie Wars this week, and I was oh, so tempted...read some snippets and was OH SOOOOOO TEMPTED!!!!

But I'm trying to finish up a project and I know if I start reading now, I'll be hosed. So I think I'll get it for myself for Valentine's Day. Very Happy

Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:09 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Sephonae

Sorry, forgot the title. World War Z!!!!! (And this with no drink!)

Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:10 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: