Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

'ello.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jenna

'ello.  Reply with quote  

Hi everyone, I'm new.

I live in Philadelphia but will be moving back to my hometown in Massachusetts in the summer/fall. I work as a temp which means I constantly worry about paying the bills, and I spend my weekends volunteering at a thrift shop. When I grow up (i.e., go back to college and get myself a degree), I want to be an elementary school teacher.

I like traveling and reading books and playing videogames and listening to music and takin' pictures and other "normal" stuff.

And my birthday next month, so I need someone to take my cake away from me so I'm not tempted to eat it. Any takers?

(By the way... any tips on putting up an avatar? The picture I want to use-- not animated or anything-- is 90x90 but the file size is too big and I don't know how to lower it. Sad )

Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:04 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Joelibris

Welcome to the madhouse, Jenna. So do you score some killa books working at the thrift store? Enquiring minds want to know!

Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:25 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jenna

Thanks Smile

I actually haven't found a book worth reading in our book room. It's amazing: I read almost anything, yet there's nothing of interest in there. I don't think I've ever seen anyone buy a book from us, either.

Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:35 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
MrEMann

Welcome! I'll take the cake.

As for the avatar, most any of us can help you with that, and if you PM me, I'll give you an email to send it to for adjustments and hosting.

Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:49 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Jenna

Gaberloonzie wrote:
Welcome Jenna!

I judge all cities on the local cuisine and that makes Philly one of my favorite places, I know it's touristy but I love that indoor market area downtown, excellent local brews are also to be had. Boston's another great town, hmmm, you don't have a thing for Ben Franklin impersonators do you?

Hey, while you are reading nekkid you could play hot for teacher over and over, most of us dirty old men will appreciate the visual!

I'm such a picky eater than I can't judge cities on food... *laugh*. But I do like this place. And Boston. Cities in general make me very happy. (A friend of mine played Ben Franklin in a production of 1776 in Boston. He's the best Ben Franklin ever!)

I'm a good girl. I always follow rules. *nods* (It doesn't hurt that I can't control the heat in my apartment and it's terribly hot, even with the windows open...) Can't say I know the song, though. Hmmmm...

Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:20 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Aubie

Ah, love Philly. Great place and good god the food. Yummy!!!

It's pronounced Aw-Bee if you were wonderin.

Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:22 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Wingnut

Jenna wrote:
Gaberloonzie wrote:
Welcome Jenna!

I judge all cities on the local cuisine and that makes Philly one of my favorite places, I know it's touristy but I love that indoor market area downtown, excellent local brews are also to be had. Boston's another great town, hmmm, you don't have a thing for Ben Franklin impersonators do you?

Hey, while you are reading nekkid you could play hot for teacher over and over, most of us dirty old men will appreciate the visual!

... Can't say I know the song, though. Hmmmm...

"Hot For Teacher" by Van Halen? With David Lee Roth? No? Oh, well. Kids these days. Laughing

At least you knew it was a song....

Welcome to da swamp!

"Life's too short to get wrapped around the axle about the little things." - SK

-The First Law of Geography: Everything is Connected to Everything Else.

Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:35 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Jenna

I'm not a huge Van Halen fan.
*hides under a table*

And don't you "kids these days" me, mister! I grew up listening to the music my dad and his dad loved, so I know more than the average bear... uh, I mean, 20 year old Wink

Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:43 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
fortune cookie

Re: 'ello.  Reply with quote  

Jenna wrote:
When I grow up (i.e., go back to college and get myself a
degree), I want to be an elementary school teacher.

Welcome Jenna.
Looks like you've got a good headstart, pie would be nice.
As for your grown up plans, you'll get plenty of practice here. Laughing

MrEMann, in the words of AWB, "Cut the Cake!" Laughing

Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:18 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Jenna

Oh, you don't want pie from me. I could only offer an icky store-bought one.

Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:26 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
fortune cookie

So long as it ain't moose turd pie, s'all good. Wink

Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:34 pm   View user's profile Send private message
leprrkan

Hi Jenna, welcome aboard Very Happy I was gonna say it's nice to have another PA fan on the board, but you're bailing ship, so... oh, well, you seem okay anyway Laughing

BTW - 'cookie, is that you in your new av? You look so normal, I pictured you all mad scientist lookin' and stuff Laughing

- "Bones"

Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:01 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jenna

fortune cookie wrote:

What about mouse turds, then? Completely different texture, y'know.

leprrkan wrote:
Hi Jenna, welcome aboard Very Happy I was gonna say it's nice to have another PA fan on the board, but you're bailing ship, so... oh, well, you seem okay anyway Laughing

*grin* I am a PA fan. I just have some stuff to do back in Boston. Whereabouts are you?

Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:05 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
leprrkan

The diametric pole of all things Philly (but I do love that city Very Happy )... fabulous Erie - The Gem City Rolling Eyes Laughing

- "Bones"

Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:07 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MrEMann

fortune cookie wrote:

Damn, now there is one from the Vaults. I'm going to dig that out now, I know I have it as MP3 here somewhere.

Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:16 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: