Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?


bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> News and Noise

Heath Ledger found dead!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
leprrkan



Joined: 29 Jul 2007
Posts: 5089
Location: In the home stretch...
 Reply with quote  

DanaMichelle wrote:
... moderately sane person that has used Ambien during times of high stress...


I thought you meant the AG until you added that in... Very Happy
_________________
"Jesus... is NOT a zombie... I shouldn't have to tell you that."

- "Bones"

Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:50 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FattyFattyPorkFace



Joined: 10 Aug 2004
Posts: 6381
Location: Michigan
 Reply with quote  

deb wrote:

I forgot....the only person you're capable of feeling sympathy and sorrow for is yourself.


Oh deb, you're so full of shit. I am deeply sorry that he is dead, especially for his daughter...but I don't turn off my sense of humour and neither is anyone else going to. Just as you so desperately seem to want me to do, stop being so fucking sensitive. You should know by now that this place doesn't discriminate...posting such whimsical requests as "just for once I wish we were all saints" is ridiculously naive.

Where has the harsh-edged deb gone? Did doug destroy her? Shame.
_________________
Twitter: jefftunes

Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:31 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
deb



Joined: 08 Mar 2004
Posts: 6325
Location: Montana
 Reply with quote  

FattyFattyPorkFace wrote:
deb wrote:

I forgot....the only person you're capable of feeling sympathy and sorrow for is yourself.


Oh deb, you're so full of shit. I am deeply sorry that he is dead, especially for his daughter...but I don't turn off my sense of humour and neither is anyone else going to. Just as you so desperately seem to want me to do, stop being so fucking sensitive. You should know by now that this place doesn't discriminate...posting such whimsical requests as "just for once I wish we were all saints" is ridiculously naive.

Where has the harsh-edged deb gone? Did doug destroy her? Shame.


Courtesy is not the same as sainthood. Being British, though, you've never been beleaguered by either quality.
_________________
"Fantasy is an exercise bicycle for the mind; it doesn't take you anywhere, but it tones up muscles that might." Pratchett

Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:48 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
FattyFattyPorkFace



Joined: 10 Aug 2004
Posts: 6381
Location: Michigan
 Reply with quote  

deb wrote:

Courtesy is not the same as sainthood. Being British, though, you've never been beleaguered by either quality.


Hmmm, interesting how you're targetting me for your bizarre prejudices when I didn't actually post anything discourteous towards the sadly departed Mr Ledger. My discourtesy was towards you and your misplaced expectations on the denizens of this board. You've gone soft on us, deb. Come back when you think your hard enough. Twisted Evil
_________________
Twitter: jefftunes

Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:52 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
deb



Joined: 08 Mar 2004
Posts: 6325
Location: Montana
 Reply with quote  

FattyFattyPorkFace wrote:
deb wrote:

Courtesy is not the same as sainthood. Being British, though, you've never been beleaguered by either quality.


Hmmm, interesting how you're targetting me for your bizarre prejudices when I didn't actually post anything discourteous towards the sadly departed Mr Ledger. My discourtesy was towards you and your misplaced expectations on the denizens of this board. You've gone soft on us, deb. Come back when you think your hard enough. Twisted Evil


how truly sad.
_________________
"Fantasy is an exercise bicycle for the mind; it doesn't take you anywhere, but it tones up muscles that might." Pratchett

Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:00 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
zendao42



Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 13570
Location: Somewhere in a galaxy near you
 Reply with quote  

leprrkan wrote:
lisa wrote:

I saw the actors of Brokeback Mountain on Oprah. But then this guy and that actress looked so much in love. The actress looked pretty hot and melting for him. What goes on with these people. Why doesn't it last?


Honestly? Probably because of all the access to buttloads of money, booze, sex, drugs, etc. Sadly, human relationships begin to pale in comparison I would think.


Then it must be the money, or I'd already be dead! Shocked

Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:10 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Joelibris



Joined: 23 Mar 2006
Posts: 7557
Location: Kraptapolis, NC, U. S. of DUH-HUH
 Reply with quote  

FattyFattyPorkFace wrote:
You've gone soft on us, deb. Come back when you think your hard enough. Twisted Evil


Just because she's got a crusty shell on the outside doesn't mean she doesn't have a soft, tender center...

Like a lobster, drenched in butter and lemon juice...mmmm
_________________
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
delusional minority and by the mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Post Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:56 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Amigo



Joined: 25 Aug 2006
Posts: 2499
 Reply with quote  

Joelibris wrote:
FattyFattyPorkFace wrote:
You've gone soft on us, deb. Come back when you think your hard enough. Twisted Evil


Just because she's got a crusty shell on the outside doesn't mean she doesn't have a soft, tender center...[...]


Hmmm, perhaps that slip/fall on the ice cracked the "crusty shell" as well as her ribs.

Sort of like an igloo..crunchy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside. Smile

Post Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:20 am   View user's profile Send private message
Sephonae



Joined: 10 Jun 2007
Posts: 5218
Location: New York
 Reply with quote  

Amigo wrote:
Sort of like an igloo..crunchy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside. Smile


Like Ferrero Rocher!!!

Mmmm...hazelnut chocolatey goodness...
_________________
<=== Dressing in dismal chic and maintaining her detached aura of aristocratic chill since 1985.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"You can't wipe your ass with empty promises." - thread title, by walk

Post Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:56 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Amigo



Joined: 25 Aug 2006
Posts: 2499
 Reply with quote  

Sephonae wrote:
Amigo wrote:
Sort of like an igloo..crunchy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside. Smile


Like Ferrero Rocher!!!

Mmmm...hazelnut chocolatey goodness...


Hmmm, isn't that one soft on the outside, and chewy (the hazelnut) on the inside? Confused

Post Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:14 am   View user's profile Send private message
lisa



Joined: 10 Apr 2004
Posts: 6789
 Reply with quote  

We have a very famous temple here. It's the richest in the world. Offering hair is a daily ritual. There is an industry close to it. They take the hair there and split the hair. At the center of each hair is some goo. This goo is then sent to choco factories. This goo added choco is what we eat as soft gooey chocolate at the center. That will be another 6 billion rupes please. Thank you.
_________________
Your religion, you miserable man, begins in your stomach and ends in a lavatory - Nodar Dumbadze

Post Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:17 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sephonae



Joined: 10 Jun 2007
Posts: 5218
Location: New York
 Reply with quote  

Amigo wrote:
Sephonae wrote:
Amigo wrote:
Sort of like an igloo..crunchy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside. Smile


Like Ferrero Rocher!!!

Mmmm...hazelnut chocolatey goodness...


Hmmm, isn't that one soft on the outside, and chewy (the hazelnut) on the inside? Confused


Yeah, hazelnut and hazelnut cream within, surrounded by a thin wafer covered in chocolate and chopped hazelnuts. YUM!
_________________
<=== Dressing in dismal chic and maintaining her detached aura of aristocratic chill since 1985.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"You can't wipe your ass with empty promises." - thread title, by walk

Post Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:20 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
mllefifi



Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 8964
Location: Deleoware
 Reply with quote  

Sephonae wrote:
[...] Yeah, hazelnut and hazelnut cream within, surrounded by a thin wafer covered in chocolate and chopped hazelnuts. YUM!


To paraphrase Monty Python's "Spam" sketch:

    "Got anything on the menu without hazelnut in it?"


Very Happy
_________________
"If you allow yourself to be offended, then you're a bit of [a] nitwit."
(Christopher Moore)

Post Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:36 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kar98



Joined: 31 Jul 2006
Posts: 3170
Location: Dallas, Texas
 Reply with quote  

Sephonae wrote:
Amigo wrote:
Sephonae wrote:
Amigo wrote:
Sort of like an igloo..crunchy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside. Smile


Like Ferrero Rocher!!!

Mmmm...hazelnut chocolatey goodness...


Hmmm, isn't that one soft on the outside, and chewy (the hazelnut) on the inside? Confused


Yeah, hazelnut and hazelnut cream within, surrounded by a thin wafer covered in chocolate and chopped hazelnuts. YUM!


Hehehehe, I still got two or three duplo bars....hmmmm.
_________________
It finally happened. My conscience stopped working. I've never felt so free.

Post Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:42 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Wonko



Joined: 12 Oct 2006
Posts: 4787
Location: ...but it's a hot heat
 Reply with quote  

leprrkan wrote:
DanaMichelle wrote:
... moderately sane person that has used Ambien during times of high stress...


I thought you meant the AG until you added that in... Very Happy


What are you saying? You don't think the AG is moderately sane? I hope you were meaning that he is mostly sane instead of slightly sane.
_________________
Avoid being normal -- John Lennon

Post Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:26 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
  Display posts from previous:      
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules:
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 
Templates created by Vereor and Ken