Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> News and Noise

Heath Ledger found dead!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Notdeadyet

WONKO!! Waddup! What are you up to now? Very Happy

Post Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:26 am   View user's profile Send private message
leprrkan

Wonko wrote:
leprrkan wrote:
DanaMichelle wrote:
... moderately sane person that has used Ambien during times of high stress...

I thought you meant the AG until you added that in... Very Happy

What are you saying? You don't think the AG is moderately sane? I hope you were meaning that he is mostly sane instead of slightly sane.

Yes.

- "Bones"

Post Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:39 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Klari

Of course everyone's mind went to overdose, but everyone seems to be skimming over the fact that was reported the next morning and that was that he'd been suffering from pneumonia. It is REALLY easy to get to a point with some pneumonia strains of giving up and not fighting to breathe anymore. I had one such strain about 4 years ago. Thank goodness for my mom who sensed my giving up to this frighteningly fast moving strain. I went to bed fine and woke up hardly able to move and having absolutely no drive to either. It is truly scary to look back at how much I'd given up.

The fact is, we don't know. We won't know for weeks. It could have been a bad drug interaction, it could have been the pneumonia, who knows? It could have been a congenital problem that went untreated.

Anyway, back to the funnies.

Post Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:26 am   View user's profile Send private message
FattyFattyPorkFace

This made me tear up - it's Heath's Dad, Kim...

"Heatho, Beef, my beautiful boy, so loving, so talented, so independent ... so no more chess games mate ... this is it, couldn't beat you anyway. We were one, in soul and commitment, just father and son."

Link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7208524.stm

So sad.

Post Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:54 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Amigo

FattyFattyPorkFace wrote:
This made me tear up - it's Heath's Dad, Kim...

"Heatho, Beef, my beautiful boy, so loving, so talented, so independent ... so no more chess games mate ... this is it, couldn't beat you anyway. We were one, in soul and commitment, just father and son."

Link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7208524.stm

So sad.

I cannot imagine his pain. The loss of a child has to be overwhelmingly devastating.

Post Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:29 pm   View user's profile Send private message
lisa

Klari wrote:
It is REALLY easy to get to a point with some pneumonia strains of giving up and not fighting to breathe anymore. I had one such strain about 4 years ago. Thank goodness for my mom who sensed my giving up to this frighteningly fast moving strain. I went to bed fine and woke up hardly able to move and having absolutely no drive to either. It is truly scary to look back at how much I'd given up.

No. No. No. When you are working for Studio Batman, if you die during the shooting of the pic, they will come and revive you even 24 hours after death to finish the film.

Let square 1 be that Heath Ledger's death was not one of natural causes.

Post Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:25 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Klari

lisa, that might be, if they weren't finished filming. They were finished filming. It's in the can. That's been stated by several sources. And even then, you can't necessarily revive someone once they've gone too far. Now, if you're filming something like that and they were concerned about that possiblity, they'd probably have a handler making sure you didn't get to that point.

Post Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:47 pm   View user's profile Send private message
lisa

Actually these guys are not out of contract till the premier of the film and show up on the red carpet with the flower in the button hole.

They sign clauses that they will not attempt suicide before the realase of the film and such. They are not allowed to die.

Post Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:21 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
zendao42

lisa wrote:

They sign clauses that they will not attempt suicide before the realase of the film and such. They are not allowed to die.

So, how would they be punished for breaking the clause?
They get killed or something? Confused

Post Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:33 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Klari

I find that hard to believe, all the free publicity from the death has to be good for the movie and the press doesn't have to pay as much for the press junket.

Post Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:34 am   View user's profile Send private message
lisa

We released a film a few months ago during the party of which the sound engineer was killed in the pool.

http://www.greatandhra.com/movies/news/apr2007/sivaji_tragedy.php

Movie means, hero higest paid actor in Asia. Estimated audience of 400 million

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sivaji:_The_Boss.

Indians all over the world wait for the release of his films. It's cult to book theater with friends and dress for a Rajni film. Caste no bar, language no bar, boundaries no bar.

Watch this. That is the audience screaming during trailer of film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRajoQiar2g

Shivaji The Boss, India, AVM Studios, Satchidhanadham

Batman, America, Warner, Heath Ledger

Big film, Big production house, Star, Cast, Crew dies. Usual tale.

Post Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:26 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Klari

No, it's not a usual tale here. Of all the blockbuster movies that are released, how often does this happen with this kind of timing?

This is the US not India lisa. We have our seedy dark belly industries, but it's just not the same. If someone said he had mob ties or something like that, then, yeah, okay, I'd buy the conspiracy theory stuff, but why isn't it possible that he's just like hundreds of other regular human beings that was either overcome by illness he underestimated or was so swift moving he couldn't get help in enough time (now you're going to tell me Jim Henson was murdered by a jealous Muppeteer) or a drug overdose, which would have been his own hubris and not a malicious act by outside forces?

Post Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:32 pm   View user's profile Send private message
lisa

Klari wrote:

This is the US not India lisa

hahahahahahahahahhahahahahaaaa!

Post Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:41 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Wonko

lisa wrote:
Klari wrote:

This is the US not India lisa

hahahahahahahahahhahahahahaaaa!

Does this mean that the deal between Tata and Ford was not just for Jaguar and Land Rover? The entire country has been sold to India!!!

Post Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:29 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Hillary

You know, I checked this thread because it was brought up in passing as a "Wow". I'd have skipped over it otherwise (not like every other board in the universe doesn't have a similar thread). But man . . . this really IS a wow. Both of you should take a breath before you type else the tard-o factor overwhelmeth. Jesus. O.o

In other news, RIP Heath. I liked this kid. He was pretty darned talented.

Post Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:03 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: