Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> News and Noise

For Any Interested In Astrology...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Sephonae

For Any Interested In Astrology...  Reply with quote  

It's a big day today, with Pluto changing signs. He leaves my sign, Sagittarius (Whew!) and ingresses into Capricorn around 9:30ish EST, I believe. He'll revisit Sag in June and then go back into Capricorn to stay for upwards of 15 years in November.

What does it mean? Well, many astrology sites can be pretty long-winded w/out saying anything meaningful, but I've pasted below a little blurb that made the most sense to me (non-essential bits deleted by me).

"Jan.25 – Pluto enters Capricorn (until Jun.14, then Nov.26.2008 until 2023) (Jan.26 in UK, AU). This is the first of two entries Pluto makes into Capricorn before it stays there for the next 15 years. The last time Pluto changed signs was 1995, which was quite a while ago! Pluto in Sagittarius has been about digging into the foundations of our morals, values, beliefs and understanding of life, scrutinizing all that is sacred, to see if it still fits in our modern world. Pluto in Capricorn is likely to be about the similar scrutiny of our societal institutions – government, infrastructure, authority and leadership. Over the next 15 years, we could well see many bastions of power fall from grace in the public eye, as the hidden workings of long-entrenched institutions come to light.

The interesting thing about this ingress (when a planet enters a new sign) is that Venus conjoins Pluto just before it moves into Capricorn. This inflames our passions—not merely sexually, but our desire for intensity of experience and an intimate connection to life. There may be a sense of yearning to believe that all the struggles and striving of the last 12 years have fulfilled some kind of higher purpose—not just for Humanity on a global level, but for each of us personally.

Is it possible to take all the conflict, discord and struggle of the last dozen years and transform this into love, forgiveness, acceptance and generosity of spirit? Or might we be too enticed by glamour, hedonism, over-indulgence and short-term gratification that short-changes the potential of higher love? Either way, this is a rare opportunity to learn more about and deepen the capacity of your human spirit."

http://www.evolvingdoor.ca/lowdown/current/lowdowncurrent.htm

The part that resonated w/me was the bit about the Venus/Pluto conjunction. My mind's been cruising some peculiar byways over the past week, and I reckon that accounts for it!

Post Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:56 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Joelibris

I'm a Cappy..what does this mean for me?!

Post Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:45 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sephonae

Joelibris wrote:
I'm a Cappy..what does this mean for me?!

Pluto transforms, slowly, but powerfully and profoundly. How the average individual deals with a Pluto transit depends a lot on whether they're inclined to welcome challenges and change or not.

Below, a bit of what astrologer Susan Miller has to say about Pluto in Capricorn (http://www.astrologyzone.com/forecasts/monthly/capricorn_full.php)

"Pluto is about to make a stunning move out of Sagittarius and into Capricorn on January 25. Pluto is associated with power and money, as well as with complete regeneration and renewal. As the planet farthest from the Sun in our solar system, Pluto has the slowest orbit around the Sun and therefore spends the longest time in each sign and house of the zodiac. That allows Pluto to make a truly indelible impression as it travels through a house - in your case, your 1st house of personality and personal desires, determination, and dreams.

Pluto's job is to look at the foundations of things and to tear down any that appear to have developed cracks or serious fault lines in their structures. If Pluto finds flaws and recommends repairs or even a new foundation, Pluto will help you build it.

When big, powerful outer planets first enter a sign, they make an appearance, retreat back into the old sign in retrograde, and then return to the new sign to stay. This gives you a preview of what's to come and time to get ready.

When Pluto enters Capricorn on January 25 he will back into Sagittarius in June. However, he'll come back into Capricorn in the last week of November 2008, and when he does, Pluto will remain in your sign until 2023, fifteen years!

Pluto's influence will be to strengthen you from the inside out. You'll plumb your depths during his stay with you and you'll discover a deep and abiding passion for the endeavors that you take on.

Others will admire your single-minded determination to succeed, for surely, Pluto will require an all-or-nothing approach from you. As a Capricorn, your motivation and ambition to succeed has always been high, but now it is about to become sharpened, focused, and intensified. Your ability to persuade others will become more effective too, for you won't take "no" for an answer!"

Post Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:28 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Sara Leigh

That's very interesting, Sephonae. I'll be interested in its effect on me, since it makes its second entrance precisely on my birthday. I find astrology fascinating. A friend of mine did a comprehensive horoscope for me years ago, which was pretty spot on in many ways. I have sun in Capricorn, moon in Scorpio, and Cancer rising. My career sign is Libra. It all combines in a very interesting way. She also did one for my marriage, which I've got no memory of now. It's got to be around here somewhere. It would be interesting to check it out and see if it revealed the eventual insurmountable problems that led to our divorce.

Thanks for the info. Smile

Post Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:12 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Sephonae

Sara Leigh wrote:
She also did one for my marriage, which I've got no memory of now. It's got to be around here somewhere. It would be interesting to check it out and see if it revealed the eventual insurmountable problems that led to our divorce.

www.astroadvice.com has a lot of free stuff on it also, you just have to register to access it. They give a brief compatibility rating with a "love thermometer." I know, lame, but eerily accurate. One time I checked out compatibility ratings for me and the ex-husband, and me and the guy after that, and the results were dead to rights. As well as touching on the good stuff, it picked out exactly the issues that led to the breakups. Wish I'd seen that before, rather than after!

Post Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:32 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
lisa

I used to follow up on astrology, numerology and traditional customized behaviour till I was hurled free out of social orbit when marriage stopped suddenly.

Then I have become a free independent electron, my being only attributed to the balance of my center, a true cosmic miracle, an impossibility in existence.

It is entirely possible my previous life vanished without a trace only because Pluto was denied the right to belong to the Solar family.

What thinks?

Post Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:15 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sephonae

lisa wrote:
It is entirely possible my previous life vanished without a trace only because Pluto was denied the right to belong to the Solar family.

What thinks?

Sure.

What?

Wink

Post Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:32 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Butch the Vizsla

I thought they finally decided Pluto isn't a planet...thus diminishing it's standing in astrological circles. Pluto is on the D list. A has been. Had it's 15 minutes of fame.

The Vanilla Ice of the solar system.

Post Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:57 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
zendao42

Butch the Vizsla wrote:

I thought they finally decided Pluto isn't a planet...thus diminishing it's standing in astrological circles. Pluto is on the D list. A has been. Had it's 15 minutes of fame.

The Vanilla Ice of the solar system.

They always said it was a Mickey Mouse planet...

Post Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:10 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Watching The Wheels

Butch the Vizsla wrote:
I thought they finally decided Pluto isn't a planet...
If Interplanet Janet says Pluto is a planet, then Pluto is a planet.

If Schoolhouse Rocks is wrong, I don't want to know what 'right' is!!

Heh, turns out Scorpios do not mesh well with Geminis.... if only that had been brought to my attention several weeks ago...

Post Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:59 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
alico

hm, pluto is in my first house, what will this transit do to me?

Post Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:30 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Butch the Vizsla

it'll raid your refrigerator, drink your beer, seduce your daughter, then disappear in the dead of night, cuz that's how Pluto be rollin in your crib.

Post Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:33 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mllefifi

How would involving Pluto in astrology be valid? Pluto wasn't discovered until the 20th century, right? Wouldn't that mean that all previous astrological forecasting was off, and all subsequent was on, or vice versa?

Post Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:02 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Joelibris

mllefifi wrote:
How would involving Pluto in astrology be valid? Pluto wasn't discovered until the 20th century, right? Wouldn't that mean that all previous astrological forecasting was off, and all subsequent was on, or vice versa?

So before 1931, everything stopped at Uranus?

Post Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:00 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sephonae

Thanks go to...

Watching the Wheels, for the Schoolhouse Rocks mention. Amen, brother!

Zen, for giving me the segue I've been longing for. So, didja hear, Mickey was brought up on assault charges? Yeah, he stood before the judge and the judge is reading the report and asks Mickey, "Let me get this straight; you attacked Ms. Minnie Mouse because you think she's crazy?" "NO," Mickey replies, "I didn't say she's fucking crazy, I said she's fucking GOOFY!" (Bows.)

Joe--I can always count on you to take it there. Laughing

Alico; Butch is mostly right, especially on the seduction part. But, generally, if Pluto is in your first house in your natal chart, then the stuff that goes for Capricorn likely goes for you too.

Feef, I think astrologers had long anticipated Pluto's discovery. Linda Goodman, another well known astrologer (RIP) wrote about awaiting the discovery of the planet Vulcan, which I think she said was Virgo's true ruler. I reckon things that were once attributed to other planets were then attributed to Pluto, upon its "discovery." (My guess is they attributed Plutonian stuff to Saturn and/or Mars.) Other celestial bodies are also said to be predictive in astrology, like the asteroids Eros and Psyche, for example, and I think those are also recent developments.

Post Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:23 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: