Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> News and Noise

I have a challenge for all boardello members
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
BIGjuevos

I have a challenge for all boardello members  Reply with quote  

Who can send me the most spam? No, Seriously.

I am creating some software (whoda thunk it right?). Anyways... I need to get as much spam as possible. I am asking all of you to follow all of those links you normally wouldn't and use any e-mail address, as long as it ends with "@theboogieman.org".

so:
johnnyboy@theboogieman.org
nobody@theboogieman.org
webmaster@theboogieman.org
somebody@theboogieman.org
kate@theboogieman.org
sadfjkl@theboogieman.org

are all great emails, feel free to get creative.

If you do decide to help me, and indulge in your dark self. Please let me know by replying to this post. And no this is not a joke, I seriously do want spam. And lots of it, I need to get thousands of messages a day.

Thanks in advanced to all who are willing to help.

Regards,
BIG

http://www.foamuniverse.com

Last edited by BIGjuevos on Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:42 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Robb

Do you want us to forward them to you? I can send you a bunch from my junk mail. All the penis enlargement, buisness requests from some poor widow from zimbawe, and fake IRS notices you can handle.

Out of curiosity why do you want this?

Post Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:05 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
BIGjuevos

Robb wrote:
Do you want us to forward them to you? I can send you a bunch from my junk mail. All the penis enlargement, buisness requests from some poor widow from zimbawe, and fake IRS notices you can handle.

Out of curiosity why do you want this?

I am not currently able to accept forwarded spam messages... I am working on that part of the program. I am instead asking to where if you go to a site, such as one in your spam folder, instead of using your email to where they can pester you more, pick any email at the domain i setup(theboogieman.org) [see above for more info].

I decided to tackle a college assignment(I am going to school for my bachelors in Computer Science) by indexing spam messages... and a couple hundred won't do it... I need thousands, if not more (the more the better).

I hope this helps explain more what I am trying to accomplish!

Post Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:13 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Jo

Location: Near here, on Tuesdays, but just on the days that end with nth. Like 3nth.

I'd be happy to help!

How long do you want us to do this?

Twisted Evil

I like jo@theboogieman.net ... maybe too much.

Wink

Good to see ya Big.

Post Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:13 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
BIGjuevos

Jo wrote:
I'd be happy to help!

How long do you want us to do this?

Twisted Evil

I like jo@theboogieman.net ... maybe too much.

Wink

Good to see ya Big.

That works just fine, Jo. Just make sure it's @theboogieman.org

I'll be doing this for a couple of weeks, however you can do it as little or as much as you feel fit. 5 minutes is plently just as much as a few hours is.

Nice to see you as well Jo.

Post Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:16 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Jo

Location: Near here, on Tuesdays, but just on the days that end with nth. Like 3nth.

gotcha. org. Smile Smile Smile I'll spam ya!

Post Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:18 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Notdeadyet

I am trying to be the sad jfk!
Hope I'm doing this right... I go to all the obnoxious sites my kids go to and use this as the email right??? Cool
Uhoh, now you'll have to go to that email and click on the link I registered, that it's a real email.... so you can get MORE SPAM!! YAY!!

Post Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:19 pm   View user's profile Send private message
BIGjuevos

Notdeadyet wrote:
I am trying to be the sad jfk!
Hope I'm doing this right... I go to all the obnoxious sites my kids go to and use this as the email right??? Cool
Uhoh, now you'll have to go to that email and click on the link I registered, that it's a real email.... so you can get MORE SPAM!! YAY!!

Yes do not worry about the confirms, I will take care of those.

On a note of safety, please do not download anything or give out your personal information, as that is not required. Only go as far as submitting the email, and then quit, you do not have to complete registration in order for them to get the email.

Once again, I thank you all for your help! I am noticing a difference in the amount of spam I am getting.

Post Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:50 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
jaandlu

Post Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:45 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
jaandlu

Yeah, I'm gonna need some clarification on that before I try again because you did say "I am asking all of you to follow all of those links you normally wouldn't and use any e-mail address, as long as it ends with "@theboogieman.org"" in your first post and then used .net as the examples. What's up? Did I just waste an hour?

Post Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:48 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Sephonae

jaandlu wrote:
Yeah, I'm gonna need some clarification on that before I try again because you did say "I am asking all of you to follow all of those links you normally wouldn't and use any e-mail address, as long as it ends with "@theboogieman.org"" in your first post and then used .net as the examples. What's up? Did I just waste an hour?

Oh, shoot. I think I used .net.

Post Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:53 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Jillopy

jaandlu wrote:

Yes.

Post Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:23 pm   View user's profile Send private message
FattyFattyPorkFace

It's so sad that I understand his signature.

Post Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:28 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Kar98

All you have to do is post stuff for sale on craigslist and use the e-mail address on usenet for 5 years, and you'll get all the spam you want.

Post Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:32 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Notdeadyet

OH man.... I used .net too... crap....So all those newsletters, the speedskating, the insurance, the arcwelding and the free pilot charts are not there?? Shocked

Post Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:49 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: