Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> News and Noise

"oh my heck, that's me!"
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
cornman

"oh my heck, that's me!"  Reply with quote  

paging through the march issue of motorcyclist magazine i finally get to page 105 and there, right frickin there, is a picture of me! i'm in a magazine!!! i'm buying 5 more and sending them to mom!

ok, so you can't see my face and it's not like i'm interviewed but, man, that's my bike and that's me doing a stinky burn-out.

quite a feeling, let me tell you.

a little background for yas. for the past 5 years a good pal o mine has been putting on a party called "the dirtbag challenge".
for the challengers, the rules are, you get a month and you can't spend more than a grand to build a chopper. no fucking harleys.
for everyone else it's a party with cheap beer, cheap burgers and free music. the burnt rubber is also free.

it's always been fun.

now it's made it in a national publication. we are gonna have to ROCK out this years party.

right, so, next time yer in the store that sells magazines check out the march issue of motorcyclist and turn to page 105. woohoo! there's little ole me!

Post Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:07 pm   View user's profile Send private message
girlEgirl

Exclamation sounds pretty freakin sweet Exclamation

Post Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:49 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Boota

Hey, you're famous! Smile Try to parlay that into some sweet action. I'll look for it in the stores.

I was in a country music magazine once. I used to be a roadie and at a show in Indianapolis this magazine was there doing a story. In one picture I was behind the guitar player/singer, way backstage, and eating from a paper plate. In the other picture I was eating from a bowl. I showed my mom the pictures and she said, "I thought you worked at these shows. I didn't know you just went there to eat." I tried to explain that I was so busy during the shows that I have to eat on the backstage platform, but she didn't quite believe me.

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:13 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
LostInWalmart

pics or it didn't happen

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:55 am   View user's profile Send private message
lisa

Wow. I'm getting to be with celebrities.

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:00 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
knikkki

Scan and post please ...

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:42 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
JennyO

Sweet. Smile

Kurt Vonnegut

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:36 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Deive

Gratz Smile

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:01 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Wonko

S'cool!

The closest I ever came was to have a set piece that I built wind up in a photo on the back of the soundtrack cd.

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:37 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Jo

Location: Near here, on Tuesdays, but just on the days that end with nth. Like 3nth.

Very cool. Smile Cool

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:56 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
zendao42

Very Happy Nice!

I always fear pics of me showing up in mags, but your face ain't in it, so... Very Happy

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:05 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
cornman

Boota wrote:
Hey, you're famous! Smile Try to parlay that into some sweet action. I'll look for it in the stores.

I was in a country music magazine once. I used to be a roadie and at a show in Indianapolis this magazine was there doing a story. In one picture I was behind the guitar player/singer, way backstage, and eating from a paper plate. In the other picture I was eating from a bowl. I showed my mom the pictures and she said, "I thought you worked at these shows. I didn't know you just went there to eat." I tried to explain that I was so busy during the shows that I have to eat on the backstage platform, but she didn't quite believe me.

ha! i betcha, as soon as ma and pa see's the pic, ma is gonna say, "why aren't you wearing a helmet?" and pa is gonna say, "well that's just ruining your tire!"

Post Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:29 am   View user's profile Send private message
cornman

found the pic they used in the mag.
now you don't hafta worry 'bout gettin' any paper cuts rifling through magazines!

Post Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:36 am   View user's profile Send private message
knikkki

very cool

Post Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:03 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
girlEgirl

very thoughtful

Post Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:55 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: