Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

o hai
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
leftsaidfred

o hai  Reply with quote  

So, after being a reader of Moore for a few years, I decided I might as well join the forums.

My favorite Moore book is Fluke or A Dirty Job, depending on the day of the week, though You Suck is making a run at that. I'm from the middle of nowhere in West Virginia and am a recent college graduate in computer science, only to figure out too late that I don't care that much for computers.

And since pie seems to be a requirement, a random Google Image Search result:

Naked pie lead to other things.

Post Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:06 am   View user's profile Send private message
Sephonae

Welcome, Left. I'm betting you're too sexy for computer science, anyway. Very Happy

Post Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:35 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Wingnut

Welcome! Mmmmm, tentacle pie....yummy...

We do and say lots of fun things around here, but I'm telling you right now....no WAY I'm disco dancing.

Laughing

"Life's too short to get wrapped around the axle about the little things." - SK

-The First Law of Geography: Everything is Connected to Everything Else.

Post Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:18 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
leprrkan

Dammit Seph, you stole my pun...

Welcome anyway left Very Happy

Have you explored the option of on-line piracy? Most people throughout history have turned to piracy when they felt their jobs were dull... just a thought...

Check out the rules, get naked and let's have fun Very Happy

- "Bones"

Post Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:20 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheVeryMerryHempster

Welcome, Fred. I'm new here as well. Sorry you're from West Virginia, but it could be worse. You could be from Newfoundland.

Post Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:22 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
leprrkan

TheVeryMerryHempster wrote:
Welcome, Fred. I'm new here as well. Sorry you're from West Virginia, but it could be worse. You could be from Newfoundland.

OUCH! Wingnut, are you gonna let them get away with that??? The b'ys are Newfies... Wink

- "Bones"

Last edited by leprrkan on Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:52 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Joelibris

Hi. Hopefully no one's told you about me yet...

Post Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:15 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
fortune cookie

Welcome LSF!
Let's just hope you're not too sexy for a strip search.
Joe I believe HE is all yours.
Thanks for the pie and... Toodles. Twisted Evil

Post Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:32 pm   View user's profile Send private message
TheVeryMerryHempster

leprrkan wrote:

OUCH! Wingnut, are you gonna let them get away with that??? The b'ys are Newfies... Wink

The Province of Avalon in Newfoundland actually used to be part of Maryland because it was part of the land granted to First Lord Baltimore. I heard that the Newfie's in Avalon were actually trying to succeed from Canada and become part of Maryland again because they're tired of all the pap they endure (because they're the WV of Canada).

Of course, no one heard about that, even though it is so much more interesting than Britney Spears being an inadequate mother.

Post Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:46 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Wingnut

leprrkan wrote:

The Province of Avalon in Newfoundland actually used to be part of Maryland because it was part of the land granted to First Lord Baltimore. I heard that the Newfie's in Avalon were actually trying to succeed from Canada and become part of Maryland again because they're tired of all the pap they endure (because they're the WV of Canada).

Of course, no one heard about that, even though it is so much more interesting than Britney Spears being an inadequate mother.

What the hell is a 'province of avalon'? Never heard of it...there's a part of the Province of Nova Scotia called Acadia...and they're always talking about separating...ever since the british kicked the acadians out and shipped them off to louisiana, where they became cajuns.

Oh, ok - the colony of avalon - had to look it up...

It's a moot point, anyway - the vikings got to newfoundland a thousand years before columbus, and found that there were already people there... Laughing Laughing

Post Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:21 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Wingnut

oops...I meant IN 1000 (circa), not 1000 years before columbus...

Post Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:23 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
leftsaidfred

I don't think we've ever actually wanted to secede the United States; the Confederacy, sure, but who hasn't at one point or another.

Edit: Spelling yay

Last edited by leftsaidfred on Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:40 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Wingnut

...I think "secede" is the word you're both looking for...just sayin'...

Post Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:51 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
leftsaidfred

I did mention I'm from West Virginia, right? Smile

Post Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:54 pm   View user's profile Send private message
TheVeryMerryHempster

I'm from Maryland, which is BELOW the Mason Dixon Line and touches Virginia and West Virginia respectively.

C'mon. My mother says "woosher" (washer) and my dad says "bar-e" (borrow). It's a wonder I have all my teeth!

Post Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:20 am   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: