Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> A Dirty Job

A Dirty Job TV series?

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
LadyRavana

A Dirty Job TV series?  Reply with quote  

I know that the idea for a A Dirty Job to be made into a movie...but reading it, I thought it would translate better into a TV series than a movie, perhaps picked up by Showtime, or HBO. I don't know why exactly, I could just picture it being a good series.

And as a rule, part of me is afraid of these books being made into movies, because they're so good, and Hollywood has a real talent for fucking up great ideas, and dumbing down works of comedic genius for the legions of dumbfucks out there.

And if a movie were made, I'd hope that AG had a good deal of influence over the script so that the soul of the story would be preserved, rather than butchered and mutilated beyond recognition. But...I've heard when books are made into movies, it's often largely taken out of the original creator's hands. I hope that wouldn't be the case.

On an unrelated sidenote, I can totally picture "Lamb" being made into a movie. I hope that someday it is. Smile

Post Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:07 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
chris
Site Admin

The SciFi Channel actually approached me about a series for it but they only offered me about eight bucks for the rights. I'm hoping Chris Columbus and his people will do something cool with it.

Post Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:40 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
TheVeryMerryHempster

I vote Terry Gilliam myself, Chris. Orrrrrr are you saying Chris Columbus has expressed interest in making a ADJ film?

Post Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:22 am   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
chris
Site Admin

TheVeryMerryHempster wrote:
I vote Terry Gilliam myself, Chris. Orrrrrr are you saying Chris Columbus has expressed interest in making a ADJ film?

Chris already optioned the rights.

Post Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:56 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
TheVeryMerryHempster

Very cool. Cool

Post Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:29 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
LadyRavana

Awesome! Very Happy

*crosses all crossables for ADJ TV series*

Post Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:32 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jason86

Well Showtime has already had a show similar to A Dirty Job called "Dead Like Me". I suggest you check it out. My friend actually recommended A Dirty Job to me (and introduced me to the wonderful world of Christopher Moore books) because of how much he knew I liked Dead Like Me. Sadly the show was cancelled prematurely (aren't all the good ones? I.e., Arrested Development). They are coming out with a straight to DVD movie this summer... but those are hardly ever good.

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:06 am   View user's profile Send private message
Jillopy

I don't remember any sewer harpies or squirrel people in Dead Like Me! Wink

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:15 am   View user's profile Send private message
Jason86

It's obviously not exactly the same but it is a similar concept. The sewer harpies reminded me of gravelings... but the sewer harpies were way cooler.

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:40 am   View user's profile Send private message
henwy

I immediately thought of A Dirty Job as a more positive version of that old Friday the 13th television series. The one where the main characters all worked in an antiques shop and each week they would have to deal with some cursed object wrecking havoc. In this case, a soul object wouldn't be cursed but it would sorta be similar. With a strong, evil opposition struggling to claim the objects, it could be quite a thriller.

Post Fri May 23, 2008 6:56 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: