Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

hola!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
onyxfairy

hola!  Reply with quote  

hello from the armpit of the east coast...

until a few days ago, my favorite book was "Stiff" by Mary Roach. how come i had never come across a Christopher Moore book before? Is Baltimore that so far behind ?

sad to admit i am a late bloomer...i just finished A Dirty Job. my life seems so void without it, i must admit i am sooo upset the story is over...i do not think i have ever laughed out loud so much or so hard while reading!

besides late bloomer, i am Violet's mom, a law and order addict, pack rat and a choco-holic. and the nasty person at the insurance company who decides send you the denial letter for non-covered pharmacy services.
not really the equivalent of a death merchant--unless you are going to die without a Retin-A treatment.

looking forward to chatting with everyone!

Cool

Post Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:40 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
leprrkan

Hi!

Who's Violet?

Anyway, welcome to the board. HEREare the rules, so get naked, start posting and we'll be waiting for the pie Very Happy

- "Bones"

Post Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:33 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
onyxfairy

violet  Reply with quote  

...would happen to be the hell spawn demon child offspring of my exie and i. there is no way to nicely describe a bi-polar GIRL just hitting puberty.
i love her anyway, more than anything in the world...

she hates that name and wants to change it to Lily. when she learns to wear my doc martens and tattered catholic school skirts i might consider it...

Post Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:09 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
JustAGirl

Welcome, fellow newcomer!

Post Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:25 pm   View user's profile Send private message
girlEgirl

welcome onyxfairy! what kinda pie didja bring? since bleu will prolly doing your strip sear...i mean meet and great, you should bring Twisted Evil blueberry. (and not cause i love it!) my motives are unselfish. as usual!

Post Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:47 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
MrEMann

Welcome! I hope you brought multiple pies, as we are kinda diverse like that. Z usually keeps the special hot chocolate there by the fridge, and the rest of us will sit and watch attentively. Now, Strip and Post!

Post Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:57 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Sephonae

Re: hola!  Reply with quote  

onyxfairy wrote:
hello from the armpit of the east coast...

When I read that, I thought aloud, "New Jersey?"

Welcome! I share your pain, as I too single-parent an adolescent (boy, though). C'mon, I'll pour ya a cuppa Zen's cocoa and we can commiserate over our mutual mothering miseries while you await Bleu's kind ministrations.

Post Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:44 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Joelibris

Howdy doo!

Post Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:39 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TheVeryMerryHempster

...The last time I was in B-more, I got into a car accident and then had a bottle thrown at me.

Crying or Very sad

Not even the paddle boats could cheer me up.

Post Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:09 am   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
zendao42

Very Happy Welcome!

Guess it's time to brew up some fresh cocoa-
you want it spicy or just hot? Razz

Now where's that pie? Got one that'll go with the cocoa? Wink

Post Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:12 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Watching The Wheels

Greetings! Very Happy

Pie?

Post Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:33 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Amigo

Get naked, read the RULES, and post often to keep us entertained...oh, and a hearty welcome to the madness of the boardello! Smile

Post Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:32 am   View user's profile Send private message
onyxfairy

PIE  Reply with quote  

when i first think of pie it happens to be Chicken Pot.

Sara Jayne, not Sara Lee...

blueberry is good.
and chocolate cream.
mmmmm....how about key lime?
anyone for mixed berry?

i have this tatoo outline that i never had colored in...some of that blueberry or mixed berry goo might make a good color test.

did i mention Purple hues <<violet>> is my favorite color?

as for the cocoa----hot is better than spicy. and make sure the room is nice and warm 'fore that "meet and greet"!

Embarassed

Post Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:18 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
bleu

Bon Jour, onyxfairy!
But of course the room will be warm, as well as most of my implements of...shall we say, greeting....I am a newly appointed officer to this position, so I am just getting the hang of things...be patient...and be still.....

and just for the record, this Diva actually likes chocolate cheesecake Wink

Bleu doux de Madame!

http://bleueyedgirl.blogspot.com/

Last edited by bleu on Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:26 pm   View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Sephonae

When it comes to pot pies, for me it's Pepperidge Farms Turkey. Mmmmm!

Oh, and I think the correct answer to your yummy pie-type listing is "YES."

You like-a the purples, eh? Are you a Sag or a Pisces?

Post Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:27 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: