Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

Answers on a postcard please!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Magenta

Answers on a postcard please!  Reply with quote  

Okay, I'm sitting here naked on a a pile of books whilst watching BTVS (seriously I do have the entire series on DVD and Angel too, I might add) and thought I might as well introduce myself. Although watching Buffy and typing at the same time is proving bothersome. Y'see, every time David Boreanaz slinks onto the screen I tend to fall off the book, bash my head on the desk and squash a cat.

Anyhoo, I'm a not so young recent Chris Moore book acquirer (that even a word???). I'd never heard of him until around 2 months ago (sorry Embarassed ) whilst I was lamenting my lack of book shop visiting to my husband (I'll get to that in a mo) so I retrieved my puppy dog eyes from my bag, fluttered them at him for a bit, when that didn't work I just lobbed them at him - it wasn't pretty. After wiping his face clean of goo he decided I was clinically insane and he took me to a HUGE book store (to pacify me) and I spent the next hour walking around stroking paperbacks with a dreamy but rather nutty expression on my face.

It was there that I saw a Chris Moore book for the first time. They seemed a little larger than other paperbacks so I picked one up. Read the back of one (Practical Demonkeeping, I think it was), thought it sounded rather funny and decided to buy it. Then I saw that it was $13.99 and put it back.

Bloody hell, I thought, that's rather pricey for a paperback!

I wandered off but came back in the end, mainly cause there was nothing else I fancied buying. This time around the M section I picked up three other Chris Moore books and thought "sod the expense!" and bought 'em. On the way to the check out a store employee saw that I had some Chris Moore books in my hands and said "Oooh, Christopher Moore! You're SO going to love those! I saw him on a tour a while back and he is not quite of this world! You really will love them!"

Not sure what he was implying there, so I'll move on... Confused

I got home that night and started reading Practical Demonkeeping. I have to say that the first chapter had me laughing out loud. Seriously, laughing out loud. The bit with the Raccoons in the tree with the stereo made me laugh so loud three of my cats fell off the bed, pooped themselves and hid in the basement.

I actually haven't laughed so much since I read Carl Hiaason's Skin Tight.

Anyhoo, suffice to say I have been reading as many of the books that I could find, next on the agenda is Lamb.

So, me. I'm actually British and am living in America. My husband is the yank and he dragged me over here from London to a place that is, surely, 7 miles south of Incontinence, Indiana. Course, me being a Brit and having relied on the tube and buses for the whole of my life, can't actually drive. Hence the visit a proper book store and the throwing of eyeballs at my husband.

When I tell people I can't drive they do tend to look at me as if I am clinically insane, which may be the case, but that's irrelevant and I digress.

What else? I have 7 cats and am fast becoming the Crazy Cat Lady of 7 miles south of Incontinence, Indiana. I spend much of my time running around trying to make sure that my house does not smell of cats. This involves an obsession with air fresheners, carpet fresheners, steam cleaners, incense and scented candles. But I'll save those jolly tales for another day!

Right, I've waffled on enough. Nice to meet you all!

Post Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:00 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Jillopy

Hi & Welcome, Magenta!

Got pie?

Post Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:08 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Magenta

Jillopy wrote:
Hi & Welcome, Magenta!

Got pie?

Always! Laughing

Edit: Would Pecan suffice? Or I have a smashing Lemon Meringue laying around somewhere. Oh. *wipes jeans* Well, I *did* have a smashing Lemon Meringue laying around here.

Post Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:11 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Sephonae

Re: Answers on a postcard please!  Reply with quote  

Magenta wrote:
After wiping his face clean of goo he decided I was clinically insane and he took me to a HUGE book store (to pacify me) and I spent the next hour walking around stroking paperbacks with a dreamy but rather nutty expression on my face.

You'll fit right in here.

Magenta wrote:
When I tell people I can't drive they do tend to look at me as if I am clinically insane, which may be the case, but that's irrelevant and I digress.

I'm 37 and lived in various suburbs of NY all of my life and I don't drive--SOLIDARITY, SISTER!!!

Great intro post, welcome aboard!

Post Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:34 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
lisa

Hello magenta. I am no. 39, (how did we get here?) and I can drive a car in India! How cool is that?

Post Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:15 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Magenta

Sephonae wrote:
Magenta wrote:

I'm 37 and lived in various suburbs of NY all of my life and I don't drive--SOLIDARITY, SISTER!!!

Non driving ladies of the world, unite! Very Happy

Post Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:25 pm   View user's profile Send private message
bleu

La salutation Mme Magenta, je suis Bleu de Madame Doux. Je suis 35 et une mère de 3 filles pour homme. ...I est aussi Diva sur ce conseil.. Ok enough of that..(it's Klari's fault..she started it!!!!)

Anyway, I believe the administration of your ACCSS falls to me, unless Gourdon or Gaberloozie decide to out rank me (huh?) and take it upon themselves to do so....no worries..I'll be gentle!!

BTW, I LOVVVVEEEE your signature!!!!!!Jack Baur is the MAN!!!

http://bleueyedgirl.blogspot.com/

Post Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:45 pm   View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Watching The Wheels

Re: Answers on a postcard please!  Reply with quote  

Magenta wrote:
You know, I never realize how odd it is not to have a driver's license until other people point it out. So you're in good company! "Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time," right? Very Happy

Welcome aboard.

[Begrudgingly takes a piece of pecan pie in lieu of delicious, delicious lemon meringue pie. Razz]

Post Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:01 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sephonae

bleu wrote:
[b][color=blue]La salutation Mme Magenta, je suis Bleu de Madame Doux. Je suis 35 et une mère de 3 filles pour homme. ...I est aussi Diva sur ce conseil..

Isn't this where Wingnut pokes his head in and purrs something like, "Ticia, you spoke French!" ?

Post Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:22 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
MrEMann

Welcome, pass the pecan pie. It goes quite well with Zen's chocolate concoctions.

As for the intro post. Nice, Witty, and I truly feel for you, as I have been 7 miles south of Incontinence, Indiana.

I'll give it a 8/10 for readability.

Post Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:28 pm   View user's profile Send private message
JustAGirl

Willkommen, Bienvenue, Welcome!

Post Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:53 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Sephonae

JustAGirl wrote:
Willkommen, Bienvenue, Welcome!

(Leg kicks) Im Cabaret, au Cabaret, to Caberet!

Post Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:56 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Klari

Um, as a Diva Ultima I move for an addendum to the rules that pecan is not real pie. Anything you can break a filling on as a filling for a pie is not real filling damn it.

Just saying.

Hi Magenta, nice name, wait til Hazel meets you... he makes a MEAN RiffRaff.

Post Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:21 pm   View user's profile Send private message
girlEgirl

i must say i envy your joss whedon collection. before i discovered chris moore i thought him to be the funniest man alive. ive seen all the buffy's and read all but one of of A.G's books since my local library kicks ass. unfortunately they dont kick enough ass to carry angel. so i have to get up every morning at 6:00 am to catch 2 episodes in a row on tnt, on my borrowed cable.(don't tell! i'd have no reason to get up in the mornin!) i can also relate to getting spoiled by the public transpo of sf and boston so at the age of 29 for the 6th time, i still cant drive. i also like carl hiassan. maybe youre my evil twin Wink

one thing is that you will definitely love it here with the fruitbats! so welcome and enjoy. even if you did eat all the lemon meringue Mad

Post Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:55 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
HazelRah

Hellooooooooooo
Welcome to the land of Mooreons,there is a three pie minimum(so get baking!!)
Hmmm Brit, Like the works of Joss Whedon, recently discovered the Moore,goes by the name Magenta(damn,my elbow is twitching)....but aww damn is all married n stuff........

So have you taken it upon yourself to discover Joss' Season 8 comic series of the Buff?Picks up where the show left off and is written by the shows writers. As well as the continuation of the Angel series in comics?

hmm Wait till she discovers Joss Whedons Firefly

Post Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:07 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: