Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

bloody hell another one!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
walk

Quote:
Screw that! I seen her picture no way is she getting out of the ACCSS - quick Goudron before Bleu shows up and snakes another one!

Welcome Walk, in deference to your appreciation of Japanese culture I'll take my shoes off and use the bamboo forceps!

oh my Shocked so long as the forceps are lacquered!! Wink i don't know if you know this but bamboo can splinter something awful!!!

"there's just one more thing.... it's been emotional." lock stock and 2 smoking barrels

Post Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:16 am   View user's profile Send private message
walk

and do i get a guinness afterward?

"there's just one more thing.... it's been emotional." lock stock and 2 smoking barrels

Post Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:17 am   View user's profile Send private message
MrEMann

Re: gomen. pie o arimasen kedo..... (sorry i have no pie bu  Reply with quote  

walk wrote:
i brought the japanese equivalent. i've dubbed them "yummy puffs" but the traditional name is "ichigo daifuku". they break down like this: strawberry (ichigo), whipped cream or anko/bean paste (i made both kinds), wrapped up in a mochi (indescribable gooey goodness) shell. the mochi i make is really sweet, i put extra sugar and some vanillia in it. top it all off with lots of starch powder and powdered sugar!!! Dozo.

I'll take it! SOunds damn delicious to me.

oh, and because you shared your warm Sake, I'll share the guinness.

Post Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:25 am   View user's profile Send private message
Wingnut

walk wrote:

i'm so stoked on the japanese!!! Very Happy
wingnut wrote:
Doozo, Yoroshiku! Nomimono desu ka?

i can nomimasu you under the table!! Razz
warm sake and cocoa for EVERYONE Twisted Evil
its officially time to start drinkin!!!!

I believe you! But please, I prefer my sake ice cold, served from a bamboo bottle...just sayin'...it must be a Canadian thing... Very Happy

"Life's too short to get wrapped around the axle about the little things." - SK

-The First Law of Geography: Everything is Connected to Everything Else.

Post Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:26 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Wingnut

oh, and I've found that the best accompaniment to cold sake (other than MORE cold sake) is wedges of kiwi fruit...yumm!

Post Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:28 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
leprrkan

And you told me Canadidians could drink, wingnut...

Welcome to the board, walk, any friend of a Guinness is a friend of mine... Laughing

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to step back over here since I've not yet seen what happens when a n00b brings no pie to the table Very Happy

- "Bones"

Post Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:07 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
zendao42

Um, we shave their eyebrows? Twisted Evil

Was gonna ask if you lost a bet, but...

Dammit, people- don't make bets that involve razors!

Post Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:58 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Wingnut

zendao42 wrote:

heheheheheheeeeee...

Post Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:19 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
leprrkan

zendao42 wrote:

Ok, on the S&D board, there is a small group that calls themselves the "postwhores" (sometimes I hang with them, other times not so much), they're the ones on late at night who play the word games and and run the "random" thread up 6 pages in an hour or two. A lot of them will literally get 100 posts in 90 minutes time (their #1 poster has about 9,400 posts right now and that board has only been around about as long as this incarnation of this one, maybe less), so you can see how they get the name.
Last weekend, out of boredom, I challenged them to run a thread to 10 pages in 30 minutes by posting whatever they wanted, be it whole posts, single words, or emotis. The "prize" was that I would shave off my eyebrows if they could do it. If they got it done in 20, I would have shaved off just one - since the only thing stranger than no eyebrows is a single eyebrow. Obviously, they made it Very Happy
This weekend, they get a poll to decide what color Sharpie I will use to draw the brows on this week, top 3 choices get rotated... so far magenta, green and blue were in the lead Laughing

- "Bones"

Post Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:49 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
onyxfairy

walk...  Reply with quote  

"I called you after midnight
Then ran until my heart burst
I passed the howling woman
And stood outside your door

We walked around the lake
And woke up in the rain
And everyone turned over
Troubled in their dreams again

Visiting time is over
And so we walk away
And both play dead then cry out loud
Why we always cry this way?

I kissed you in the water
And made your dry lips sing
I saw you look
Like a Japanese baby
In an instant I remembered everything"

hi! hola!

>>isn't it amazing how you can fit a cure song to ANY possible situation?<<

Post Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:32 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Watching The Wheels

Hola. Welcome aboard!

Chalk me up for one of those uber-mochi balls, they sound delicious!
Mochi > Pie

Nice Invader Zim sig!
"I love the little tacos. I love them so good!"

Post Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:02 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
walk

muahahaha!! i was sick as a fish with ick! but now i am better!!!!! but oddly enough i don't have eyebrows now, i wonder where they went? but hey i made more yummy puffs, i did a batch with expensive-as-sin dried blueberries and they rock! enjoy! but be sure to keep out the eyebrow shavins!

Post Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:18 am   View user's profile Send private message
zendao42

S'ok, eyebrows grow back quickly-
as long as the offering is made of chocolate, I won't complain that it's not in pie form...

But I'll pass on the blueberries lest I accidently do my Hulk impression-
cuz they make me angry & you wouldn't like me when, well, you know... Twisted Evil
leprrkan wrote:
zendao42 wrote:

Ok, on the S&D board, there is a small group that calls themselves the "postwhores" (sometimes I hang with them, other times not so much), they're the ones on late at night who play the word games and and run the "random" thread up 6 pages in an hour or two. A lot of them will literally get 100 posts in 90 minutes time (their #1 poster has about 9,400 posts right now and that board has only been around about as long as this incarnation of this one, maybe less), so you can see how they get the name.
Last weekend, out of boredom, I challenged them to run a thread to 10 pages in 30 minutes by posting whatever they wanted, be it whole posts, single words, or emotis. The "prize" was that I would shave off my eyebrows if they could do it. If they got it done in 20, I would have shaved off just one - since the only thing stranger than no eyebrows is a single eyebrow. Obviously, they made it Very Happy
This weekend, they get a poll to decide what color Sharpie I will use to draw the brows on this week, top 3 choices get rotated... so far magenta, green and blue were in the lead Laughing

Had to have the no-shaving-for-bets disscussion with the bf a couple of weeks ago-
something about he'd shave his head if the store beat last year's sales...

Reminded him that we'd already discussed that (cuz he's done it before years ago) & I said it was stupid
no matter how much money was involved & don't do it again-
plus my grandmother had just died...

I mean, I've got enough shit going on that I don't need to deal suddenly waking up to that-
but I did tell him he could shave his eyebrows if he really wanted to shave something... Wink

Post Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:11 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: