Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> A Dirty Job

The Main Antagonist?

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Nikkolas

The Main Antagonist?  Reply with quote  

Hey everyone. First post.

Anyway, i was wondering who the "primary villain" of the book would be? Is it the Morrigan or the bull-headed death? (I apologize for not knowing his name. I have a visual impairment and get my books on tape through a group here in Michigan called Library for the Blind. it sounds like Orkus? Orchis?) I thought the goddeses be second fiddle to bull-death but then he gets taken out by Charlie and them and a lot more happens with the 3 than it does with bull-death. Though it could be that it's because he is weak and helpless for most of the book?

Post Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:31 am   View user's profile Send private message
Vahlee

I would think that the main antagonist would be Charlie himself struggling with an internal antagonist to get on with the rest of his life after the death of his wife.

http://www.upnorthgeorgia.org

Post Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:59 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
FattyFattyPorkFace

Welcome Nikkolas!

I never really thought about it before, but I think that there isn't really a single main antagonist, just various manifestations of the primary antagonist that is Death. This includes Charlie's own grief, guilt, and confusion, the Morrigans, and the bull-headed death, plus, I'm sure, many others.

If you use a screen reader, see if you can set it on "cool Brit" for my posts. Smile

Post Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:20 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
katdawg

Hi Nikkolas,
Welcome to the Boardello !
That is a great question to ponder.

Post Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:32 am   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: