Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

Hello form Richmond Va!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
BeerGnome

Hello form Richmond Va!  Reply with quote  

Just thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm sure like most of you I started out with "lamb" and couldn't put it down. it was recommended to me by one of my co-workers,after reading James Morrow Jehovah Series, and found it in paperback while waiting for a plane ride at Washington National. picked it up.. and had it half read by the time I got to Portland Oregon.

my next plane ride took me to Phoenix Arizona and I found "A dirty job" in the airport. oddly fitting, because my trip was to a funeral.

recently I aquired the audio book to "you suck, a love story" and suddenly realized the parrelles, and suddenly realised Mr. moores devious marketing scheme.

So now i'm on a quest to get all the books to see what I've missed!

as for who I am and what my name means?

we'll, simply put, I'm a brewer, my job, to put it in simple terms, is to beer in bottles. the gnome part is to honor my German heritage and to give props to those wee little industrious fellas with the pointy hats.

as for my literary pursuits, well, the last book I had a chance to tackle is Susanne Clarkes, Johnathan strange and Mr. Norrell.

I hope I find a good home here, and I can't wait to start digesting the rest of Chris's works

Post Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:53 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Sephonae

Welcome, BeerGnome. You've found a home, all right, but have you brought pie?

Post Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:46 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
leprrkan

From one wee little person in a pointy hat to another... welcome aboard Very Happy Laughing Very Happy

Instead of pie, I bet you can bring beer to the Divi to appease us all, just sayin'...

- "Bones"

Post Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:51 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ginjg

Welcome BeerGnome. Please read The Rules and comply on every point.

Also be aware that the rules do not cover the induction. Please provide pie Lep's mistaken on that point, beer is an accompaniment not a substitute).
And prepare for the ACCSS. Though that is much like the spanish inquisition, so perhaps you shouldn't bother.

We have many aficionados of your product and one who likely makes the inks for your labels. So you're among friends. Just assume we'll treat you as though we've known you forever and there are no off limit topics and you'll do fine.

So, do you brew a good dark beer?

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Last edited by Ginjg on Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:00 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:55 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
BeerGnome

now Beer, I can do all day long, I got lagers, pilsners, brown ales, pale ales, golden ales, porters, stouts, dopplebocks, and various other sundries. for verily, The yeasts are alive, and know what they’re doing. If you’re very quiet, you can hear their mellifluous song. Let yourself be guided by it.

now Pie...

hmm.. I've always been partial to a nice banana cream. not only are they tasty, but they also have an intrinsic comedic value that cannot be denied

Post Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:58 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Ginjg

banana creme will do. But for Joelibris, a nice key lime will make your ACCSS ever so much more pleasant.

~~~~~~~

Post Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:02 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
leprrkan

Gingj didn't mention that Lep is FREQUENTLY mistaken...

- "Bones"

Post Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:02 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
walk

hhhheeeeeelllllllllllllloooooooooooo my new best (beer laden) friend!!! welcome to the club! do you have a nice amber?

"there's just one more thing.... it's been emotional." lock stock and 2 smoking barrels

Post Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:10 pm   View user's profile Send private message
pattyshea

Welcome!

I'd love a beer and some banana creme pie; perhaps you can suggest a good pairing.

Post Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:13 pm   View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
walk

banana cream beer

"there's just one more thing.... it's been emotional." lock stock and 2 smoking barrels

Post Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:16 pm   View user's profile Send private message
BeerGnome

alright, I breezed the rules, and I can say uncategorically that I have never knowingly associated with any Ca-na-na-na-dians. One of the Prep cooks at my pub is a Newfie, but I regard him with much trepidation. He's a bit of an odd fellow, and could very well be a spy. If my suspicions prove to have merit, I shall be sure to alert the salvation army.

And, I thought Mr. Rumsfeld was out of office? does he just sort of hang out or something? has any one said anything to him? He must be Lonely. Maybe if someone gave him a cupcake and asked him to go home?

As for the nice dark beer... I will have to ask what's your preference? Our most popular product is the Brown Ale. I think it taste like a Newcastle SHOULD taste like.

I'll have to swing down the street to Bills Bar-B-Que for some pie, its a bit late for cooking after all..

oh there is so much to learn! I didn't know there would be a test!

Post Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:20 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Ginjg

I think you're on to something there walk. BG? what's your expert opinion? a dessert beer?

~~~~~~~

Post Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:21 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
BeerGnome

Ginjg wrote:
I think you're on to something there walk. BG? what's your expert opinion? a dessert beer?

hmmm... well... as for banana cream beer... how about a wheat wine? the yeasts and grain tend to impart banana and bubble gum flavors. and considering its high in hooch, thick in body, and residual sweetness, lends itself very well to desert!

and as for an amber.. I currently have a cask conditioned red ale on tap and a Vienna lager percolating in the tanks

Post Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:27 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Ginjg

'tisn't a test, more of a physical. umm yeah, that's it… a physical!

oh, and be sure to drop by Chatzy - you never know when you may run into some of us.

~~~~~~~

Post Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:46 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
BeerGnome

Ginjg wrote:
'tisn't a test, more of a physical. umm yeah, that's it… a physical!

oh, and be sure to drop by Chatzy - you never know when you may run into some of us.

ahh.. the test must be that nude photo thing.. well... I'd be happy to oblige, If I could be directed to a link in order to participate.. I'd hate for this whole thing to turn out like that prom fiasco.

Post Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:58 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: