Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> A Dirty Job

Charlie's Soul Object

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Effingee

Charlie's Soul Object  Reply with quote  

I'm thinking the cane/sword.

Post Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:45 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
chris
Site Admin

Sure, that works.Smile

Post Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:10 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
mara

i figured it was sophie. she's the luminatus because of him... or so i estimate.

btw, this is, by far, my favorite book right now.

thanks for writing such brilliant hilarity.

(o, and i wandered the base of the transamerica looking for the bummer plaque to no avail. did i walk right past it?)

Post Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:42 pm   View user's profile Send private message
sherryjoyce

Probably one of his expensive suits...One his sister has yet to steal......

Post Wed May 28, 2008 8:22 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Wonko

Audrey transferred his soul into a squirrel person so I got the impression that Charlie never got a soul object.

or was the question what we thought his object would have been if he actually had one?

Post Thu May 29, 2008 11:50 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
zendao42

Wonko wrote:
Audrey transferred his soul into a squirrel person so I got the impression that Charlie never got a soul object.

or was the question what we thought his object would have been if he actually had one?

Maybe it's in the penis? Wink

Post Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:52 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
spacey4

i always assumed it was the cane. i hope they find him a nice body...he cant be a squirrel person forever...

Post Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:54 pm   View user's profile Send private message
JustAGirl

spacey4 wrote:
i always assumed it was the cane. i hope they find him a nice body...he cant be a squirrel person forever...

I agree. I've been hoping for a sequel. I mean, come on, you can't just leave him like that!

Post Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:56 pm   View user's profile Send private message
heinousfuckery

JustAGirl wrote:

I agree. I've been hoping for a sequel. I mean, come on, you can't just leave him like that!

Yeah you can.
He's got ten inches of happiness now... But my question is, does she have "relations" with Charlie's squirrel person body?

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:26 pm   View user's profile Send private message
spacey4

food for thought....

lol i dont think so...

akward...

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:20 pm   View user's profile Send private message
zendao42

Why would she give him all that just for show?

Gotta be a happy ending for somebody... Wink

Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:22 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Vahlee

heinousfuckery wrote:
JustAGirl wrote:

Yeah you can.
He's got ten inches of happiness now... But my question is, does she have "relations" with Charlie's squirrel person body?

How does a giant lizard get off by getting it on with a weed whacker? Don't ask, just laugh.

http://www.upnorthgeorgia.org

Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:24 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Rt1Rebel

ADJ  Reply with quote  

Hi guys, just finished ADJ, my first CM novel, and also my first post. ( I didn't take the time to customize my profile or add an avitard, but you'll get over it.)

I have two serious questions and one answer (at least IMO.)

1) Instead of imparting Charlie into a squirrel person, couldn't Audrey simply have just given him the wave like she did with the two old ladies? At least until something else happenned?

2) Charlie's lizard penis. I have no problem with it, but where the hell did it come from? Is it a turkey neck, or a horse penis from the market? A human penis? Audrey got that piece of meat from somewhere. And I don't even care if she's using it.

A) To answer the question about why Charlie thought he was the Luminatus, and everyone here knew when they picked up the book and looked at the cover that he was not... Sometimes it's not a question of what, but when and how. We all knew Charlie would have to figure it out, I was tense trying to figure out when and how. "Come on Charlie! Don't be such an idiot!" That was pretty much my feeling through most of the book, and it affirms his place as a Beta in my mind.

One more thing. My wife noticed this. Fucking book glows in the dark! Outstanding.

Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:51 pm   View user's profile Send private message
MedeaViolia

Hey R1tRebel. I think Charlie thought he was the Luminatus because of his Beta Male imagination. I knew for definite it was Sophie when she said "kitty" but Charlie seems to have thought her weirdness was his fault, because everything is his fault.

Half the fun was watching him running around thinking he was the Big D when you knew it was his daughter Very Happy

Post Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:57 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Raejensen

It is a CD  Reply with quote  

Since Minty Fresh was the one who could see Charlies Soul object it was a cd or some sort of record since that was the type of soul object he could see. Charlie is the one who can see multiple objects cause he is a second hand store owner. There was the other guy who had old books, and Minty did the Music discs. So I don't think it was his cane, plus he brought his cane with him to face off the Morrigan so Minty would of been drawn to follow the sword cane. I think his soul vessel was some sort of sappy beta male type cd that had songs that reminded him of his wife on it.

Post Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:18 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: