Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Other Games

Twisted movie plots

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
mllefifi

Twisted movie plots  Reply with quote  

This was a topic that I started under "News and Noise" but would work better here. As a basis, I've been using the monthly listings on TCM, but I'm sure that there are other possibilities. The main thing is that the plots of the each movie have to be summarized originally in one sentence. What you post is a new plot pieced together from descriptions of plots for two or more one-sentence movies. The other main rule is that all the words have to come exactly from the sources (no inserted words or changed word-forms).

E.g., from this month's TCM listings:

The Misfits (1961) + Wife vs. Secretary (1936) + Boom Town (1940) + Another Thin Man (1939) =

A sensitive divorcee gets mixed up with [...] her boss [...] when they strike-it-rich in oil [...] on a Long Island estate.

Post Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:14 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Watching The Wheels

A tap-dancing lady disc jockey [...] brings the dreaded African vampire back to life [...] to survive the loneliness of the sea and the [...] strict nun running a boys' school.

Reveille With Beverly (1943) + Scream, Blacula Scream (1973) + Long Voyage Home, The (1940) + Bells Of St. Mary's, The (1945)

Post Wed May 28, 2008 1:37 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lavandula Girl

Agent 007 links a fake Fabrege egg to [...] members of a teenage vocal group [...] that may hold the key to Earth's evolution or destruction.

Octopussy (1983), + The Cheetah Girls 2 (2006), + Epoch (2000)

Post Wed May 28, 2008 4:36 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Lavandula Girl

A young fowl and his friends [...] find extraterrestrials and conspiracy after tracking [...] a sassy chorus girl [...] who killed his brother and thwarted their attack on royalty.

Chicken Little (2005) + The Arrival (1996) + Only Angels Have Wings (1939) + Patriot Games (1992)

Post Wed May 28, 2008 10:07 pm   View user's profile Send private message
walk

The bold Tira ---- has more men friends ---- and all her life she longed for happiness.

I'm no angel, She done him Wrong and Night after Night

"there's just one more thing.... it's been emotional." lock stock and 2 smoking barrels

Post Thu May 29, 2008 2:20 am   View user's profile Send private message
Wonko

cool, Walk. The titles are kind of funny together as well, with just the addition of one conjunction:

I'm no angel, but she done him wrong night after night.
hehehehe

Post Thu May 29, 2008 11:19 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Watching The Wheels

Lavandula Girl wrote:
A young fowl and his friends [...] find extraterrestrials and conspiracy after tracking [...] a sassy chorus girl [...] who killed his brother and thwarted their attack on royalty.

I really want to see this movie!

A skeptical, young city kid accidentally knocks over a boom box-out from which [...] emerges a huge and powerful 3,000-year-old genie named [...] Kazaam (Shaquille O'Neal).

Kazaam ('96) + Kazaam ('96) + Kazaam ('96)

Post Thu May 29, 2008 12:25 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lavandula Girl

A lonely boy and his father's ranch hand work together to [...] understudy in a Las Vegas show [...] aided by Tinker Bell [...] and Scooby.

The Red Pony ((1949), Showgirls (1995), Hook (1991), Scooby Doo (2002)

Young William Shakespeare falls for [...] a gangster's girlfriend [...] and chases cutthroats off French land [...] to keep a hospital functioning after the doctors abandon [...] an evil leprechaun.

Shakespeare in Love (1998), The Housekeeper's Daughter (1939), The Fighting Kentuckian (1949), White Coats (2004), Leprechaun: Back 2 Tha Hood (2003)

Post Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:17 pm   View user's profile Send private message
spacey4

The lives of two mob hit men, a boxer, a gangster's wife, and a pair of diner bandits [...] join forces with Gotham's new District Attorney [...] and are soon taken out of school, not able to communicate with the opposite sex, and soon take a wrong turn which turns fatal

pulp fiction+the dark knight+ the virgin suicides

Post Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:22 pm   View user's profile Send private message
FattyFattyPorkFace

Following the death of his parents [...] a cantankerous trainer and the female boxer he reluctantly takes under his wing [...] try to save dancing girls kidnapped and sold to the slave market.

Batman Begins (2005) + Million Dollar Baby (2004) + The Siren of Baghdad (1953)

Post Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:48 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ken
Site Admin

Sonny and Cher ... make deadly attacks on ... members of an all-girl band.

Good Times (1967) / the Birds (1963) / Some Like it Hot (1959)

Post Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:27 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Poofiemus

A bunch of dated appliances find themselves . . . in a midlife crisis (and). . . plan to pull the heist of their lives by creating Los Angeles' largest traffic jam ever.

The Brave Little Toaster (1987), American Beauty (1999), The Italian Job (2003)

Post Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:19 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: