Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

I'm so freaking cool

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Lynn

I'm so freaking cool  Reply with quote  

I'm in the UK right now doing an advertising internship with Emap. It's a company that owns over 30 magazines (including FHM which is in the states as well) and a bunch of radio stations. I'm in Men's Magazines Creative Solutions. The creative that they do is advertorials; they only sell space for display (regular) ads. Advertorials are those things that have Promotion or Special Advertising Section written on the top. They have to do that because they make the page look like editorial content.

It's kind of an iffy advertising thing to do, because a lot of people feel that it's trying to trick consumers into thinking that it is editorial content. Personally, I think that it's kind of cool for a product to pay for someone to come up with cool content rather than boring crap or huge product shots.

Anyway, none of that's that important other than to explain what I did today. I got to help write up a creative pitch for a couple of the magazines. I came up with one of the ideas we pitched. My supervisor had an idea, but she decided to pitch mine instead. I'm so cool. If it goes through in October, I'm totally going to scan it in so you can all see.

Other than that I've been calling places to get them to give us samples for an FHM/House of Fraser party we're putting together. I've gotten some hair products and Ted Baker key rings, so I think I'm pretty damn cool for that too.

Anyway, that's what I've been up to for anyone interested.

Post Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:22 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: