Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments

ashes to ashes

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
mister

ashes to ashes  Reply with quote  

the philosopher, who eventually went totally bonkers, is Nietzsche.

your characters suffer from Whedonspeak. meaning that despite being different genders, ages, and personalities, they have an odd tendency to sound the same. other than that... i'm not really used to reading in this format. Also, sports night gave me a big love for long uninterrupted shots.

entertaining, though. fast-paced.

Post Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:39 am   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Xanderesque Man

I was hoping for a reply sooner or later.  Reply with quote  

Thanks for the spelling of Nietzsche, Mister. I can never recall it.

Quote:
your characters suffer from Whedonspeak. meaning that despite being different genders, ages, and personalities, they have an odd tendency to sound the same

It never occured to me, but yeah, I guess they do. That's because all the characters established in the universe have the same feel to them, despite their varying identities. They're all somewhat laid back, drifting through our lives types. The universe is very grey and apathetic. That will change a bit once things get going post episode one. At least some. Their involvement in something bigger then themselves will break the grey monotonous lack of sparks of life attitude of the characters. Though, ultimately, this is just who they are. They're very much take it as it comes in personality.

And, hey. It works for Whedon. Kept me coming back every week. And Monday through Friday at 1 and 2 on FX, and at 5 on TNT (As well as 5 and 6 on Saturday and 3 and 4 on Sunday, both on the WB.)

The fact that I'm well aware of every time at which both Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel air is evidence of the fact that it works more then well enough for him. Wink

Quote:
entertaining, though. fast-paced.

Ah. There's that compliment I was looking for. Wink

Help Me. I'm Being Chased By Three Bears. There Was A Dispute Over Some Porridge. Don't Ask Questions.
Ryan

Post Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:56 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: