Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Reading Suggestions

How to Eat Fried Furries

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
suetu

How to Eat Fried Furries  Reply with quote  

The real question is, how can a book with that title not capture your attention?

I happened to notice this review in PW this morning. The title and subject matter immediately made me think of Sgnt. Steve and that conference he attends each year. The review, on the other hand, made me think of Knikkki and other devotees of bizarro here. It's not a rave review, but the book is off the mainstream enough that I thought I'd bring it to the attention of those who might be interested in giving it a look-see.

I'm pasting the PW review below:

How to Eat Fried Furries
Nicole Cushing, Eraserhead (www.eraserheadpress.com), $9.99 trade paper (91p) ISBN 978-1-936383-00-9
People who dress up as animals are the target of this uneven speculative satire, a soi-disant "flying circus" of semiconnected short works presented as part of Eraserhead's New Bizarro Author series. Readers who expect Monty Python–style wild-paced, sprawling, clever humor may be disappointed. While diving in with promising bite, the first half of the book eventually bogs down in a single, mostly uninterrupted story, a mock script for an imaginary TV show called "Ferret Force Five" in which extraterrestrial squirrels plot to invade Earth. Later stories like "A Citizen's History of the Pseudo-Amish Anschluss" don't wear out their welcome, but the weird humor will likely only appeal to a small niche audience--one that doesn't include furries. (Nov.)

http://inoneeyeouttheother.blogspot.com/

Post Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:23 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sara Leigh

I picked up a book that was a collection of bizarre, weird fiction. It too was a mixed bag, with some good, some so-so, and some blech. I did enjoy it, but I may have gotten my fill.

Post Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:08 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
zendao42

I got a customer that wants this, hope we can get it from the distributor...

Post Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:59 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
RedOrcaMoon

Location: someplace...probably inside my head or in another world

hmmmmm sounds right up my alley of the weird stuff I read once in a while. Very Happy

Post Mon May 21, 2012 6:10 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: