Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

CM, Killer of Poultry
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Miss Betty

CM, Killer of Poultry  Reply with quote  

So, Chief -- I guess what you're tring to say is you want a job at Purdue?? It'll definately give all new meaning to "free-range chicken!"

Just outta morbid curosity - what was the ever so lovely Charlee doing while you were stalking the rooster? Was she by chance rolling around on the floor laughing her ass of at you???? Will the sound of her laughter egg you on tomorrow's expedition? (Yep - that really bad pun there was intentional.)

Anyway -- as one of the unwanted & unloved folks that didn't get "First Look" --- I will patiently waiting for the mailman, without my paintball gun!!!

Post Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:57 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Lib

Good Grief  Reply with quote  

Chris, I hate to tell you this, but you're giving chickens a bum rap. So be a man, admit your mistake. Okay, lets say together now, "I goofed, chickens are really not as dangerous as I led you to believe. Charlee gave me false information, due to the fact that she sick of making pies and I was making noices about chicken salad."
On the new book...thanks for the new laughs. Hope you have a big shelf above you altar. Wink

Post Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:16 am   View user's profile Send private message
Seanfeiler1

Email notification  Reply with quote  

Tomorrow morning there better be an email notification that Amazon has shipped the book. Although they are faceless, nameless, largely non-corporeal, and absolutely unwaivering in the ignoring of my vituperation regarding their customer service skills, it still doesn't mean I won't fire up the paint gun and climb a bell tower somewhere. Agression doesn't have to be justified, as long as it's aimed at folks we don't know much about...

Post Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:30 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Taco Bob

congrats on 8!  Reply with quote  

Got woke up a mite early myself this morning. Pecans hitting the roof, right over where I was sleeping. Sure enough, there was a cute little bushy-tailed grey squirrel hopping around up there, which I proceded to drop with one shot from my trusty pellet gun. That'll learn 'em.

Those of you ain't read The Stupidest Angel yet are in for a treat, is all I'm saying. Okay, I'm also saying it's gonna be AG's most popular yet, and that is saying something.....

Post Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:15 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Lauren

So, are you going to have the egg-splattered fridge cleaned up before Charlee discovers you've been attacking the perishables? Or will you just let her think you've decided that the kitchen needs to be painted pink, and wanted to start with the inside of the fridge, in case you didn't like that particular hue?

Post Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:21 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Sara Leigh

Nice work  Reply with quote  

That's some fine prose, Chris. My favorite part is your extended alliteration.

Quote:
I’m sure there’s one, a head rooster. A large and in charge poultry potentate, pusillanimously planning my pre-dawn perturbation.

Very Happy

I'm so glad I got a First Look book. I'm still waiting for the copy I pre-ordered from Amazon back in May or June.

I must make up my Xmas list, so I can request the right number of inscribed bookplates. I think TB may be right about this book, and I want everyone to have their own signed copy. Very Happy

Post Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:35 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Dave

Are roosters good eatin'? Excuse the naive city-boy question - I've got no idea.

Anyway, if they are, and you could get a full-auto instead of semi-auto paintball gun, you could make up some custom paintballs and save yourself lots of trouble. Whip up a batch of incendiary ammo then mix in some, say, lemon herb or maybe cajun ammo. Hear the rooster, shoot the rooster, plate the rooster!

Post Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:22 am   View user's profile Send private message
Lisa M

A Review of Angel  Reply with quote  

This comes under the category of shameless self-promotion. I do on-air book reviews for our public radio station -- here's the one I did on "The Stupidest Angel." Love those advanced copies! (Note: I sorta stretched the truth in the last sentence).

Pine Cove, California: when last we were there, Theo, of the sheriff’s department, was coping with Steve, the shape-shifting sea monster who was the star of Christopher Moore’s novel The Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove. In that book we met a host of wacky, wonderful, Prozac-swilling denizens of a small coastal town.

The Chris took a break. He wrote Lamb, a fabulous book exploring the life of Christ, and Fluke, an equally fabulous investigation of why humpbacked whales sing. Let me warn you, these are not, NOT, non-fiction.

In Chris Moore’s latest book, The Stupidest Angel, Theo is back and Christmas “has crept into Pine Cove like a creeping Christmas thing: dragging garland, ribbon and sleighbells, oozing eggnog, reeking of pine, and threatening festive doom like a cold sore under the mistletoe.” It may be helpful for you to know the sub-title of The Stupidest Angel: A Heartwarming Tale of Christmas Terror. Right up my alley.

Be warned! If “It’s a Wonderful Life” is your favorite Christmas tale, don’t expect the same warm fuzzies here. In The Stupidest Angel we have not Clarence but Raziel, an incredibly dense angel trying to grant a young boy’s holiday wish. Josh has witnessed the murder of Santa – well, a Santa impersonator -- who threatens his wife, who fights back – anyhow, all Josh wants is for Santa to be restored and Raziel is there to save the day.

Did I mention this takes place in California? Our characters include Roberto, the talking bat; and Molly, the Zena-esque, former B movie star, now on –and off –meds to balance her brain chemistry. There is also Theo, who of late has given up marijuana. There are many more to meet.

You may not believe me, but Chris Moore is a pretty normal guy. Irreverent, certainly, by funny, satirical, and observant in doses that give me hope for the future.

Post Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:36 pm   View user's profile Send private message
chris
Site Admin

Thanks for the review, Lisa, and for all the good wishes everyone else.

Onward!

Post Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:49 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
palmer

Quote:
I’m sure there’s one, a head rooster. A large and in charge poultry potentate, pusillanimously planning my pre-dawn perturbation.

Pusillanimously? Somebody's been into "word of the day". :-) (echoes of bricolage) :-))

Waiting for "...Angel" to come to my neighbourhood bookstore. Looks like I'm going to be last one on the block... Chapters is not known for their speedy service.

Eight? Wow! Keep 'em coming, Chris!

Post Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:58 pm   View user's profile Send private message
pebbles

palmer wrote:
Pusillanimously? Somebody's been into "word of the day". Smile

Or they might have recently watched The Wizard of Oz. Wink

Post Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:06 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Sara Leigh

Definitely evocative of The Wizard of Oz.

Post Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:15 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
earthshoes

Came in from the office with a throbbing tension headache and peeked at your blog.

Thank you for being so funny. 'Much needed.

Post Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:19 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mandi

AG: i'm having a hard time finding any "congratulations on having your book published, and your EIGHTH one too, wow, yay, go you!" ecards out there. so i'm hoping a warm and sincere congrats here will do just as nicely.

it's gotta be a good feeling. Very Happy

maybe not as good as nailing irritating rooster ass with, um, painful pink paint gobs, i'd imagine.

Post Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:26 am   View user's profile Send private message
Dvorah70

He who mocks the Rooster....  Reply with quote  

When we lived in the lovely urban area of downtown Chicago, my husband's neighbors had a coop and a lovely rooster. At first, I kept telling my husband that he was nuts and hearing things. Then, early one morning, I heard the dreaded morning call of the Rooster. A few weeks before we were due to move into our non-downtown house, we were hauling some things out to the alley and the rooster was stalking around out in the yard. As soon as the rooster saw my husband, he just stopped cold and looked at my man like he was a grasshopper ripe for picking. I turned to my husband and said, "Look honey! The Rooster! He's mocking you."

A few weeks go by and we notice that the rooster is gone. The neighbors stopped by and offered us a lovely dinner of fried chicken.

Congrats on book #8. I look forward to seeing it...covered in pink paint, at a store near me.

Oh, BTW, those paint balls are even more fun when you freeze them. Cause that Rooster some damage while you're at it....

Post Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:55 am   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: