Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

Warped humor:

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
abbynormal92243

Warped humor:  Reply with quote  

here's one of my favorite books:
Uncle Shelby's ABZ Book, by Shel Silverstein

http://www.banned-width.com/shel/works/playboy/abz/abz.html

anyone got other stuff?

Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:08 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Ferrit Leggings

Uncle Shelby is great. I have all of his Children's books even the little known Lafacadio the Lion who Shot Back. If you have kids it is very entertaining for both the listener and the reader. I have the ABZ book as well and some recording of him singing on CD somewhere. It is hard to keep track. A little known fact is that he wrote the song Cover of Rollin' Stone and A Boy Named Sue. One of my fav's is I got stoned and I missed it and I'm So Good I don't have to Brag. Odd thing is that he is best known for his children's work like the Giving Tree and his poem books A Light in the Attic, Where the Sidewalk Ends and Falling Up. I have the link to his children's web page if you are interested....

http://www.shelsilverstein.com/indexSite.html

Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:23 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
abbynormal92243

another one.....  Reply with quote  

Death Notice:
With all the sadness and trauma going on in the world at the moment, it
is worth reflecting on the death of a very important person which almost
went unnoticed last week.
Larry La Prise, the man who wrote "The Hokey Poky", died peacefully at
age 93. The most traumatic part for his family was getting him into the
coffin. They put his left leg in, and then the trouble started.

Post Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:15 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
mister

Stinky Cheese Man is amazing. I don't remember kids books being so funny when I was younger. Sczeiska -can't spell that guys name- has such a wonderful sense of humor.

His illustrator on several books is Lane Smith. Smith also has two of his own uproariously funny books. "The Happy Hocky Family" and a sequel about them moving to the country.

Not warped Uncle Shelby warped, but warped for childrens picture books all the same. I mean, the dog gets eaten by a freaking crocodile!

Post Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:25 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
JennyO

mister wrote:
Stinky Cheese Man is amazing. I don't remember kids books being so funny when I was younger. Sczeiska -can't spell that guys name- has such a wonderful sense of humor.

His illustrator on several books is Lane Smith. Smith also has two of his own uproariously funny books. "The Happy Hocky Family" and a sequel about them moving to the country.

Not warped Uncle Shelby warped, but warped for childrens picture books all the same. I mean, the dog gets eaten by a freaking crocodile!

My kids and I are reading his Time Warp Trio books. They're a hoot. I couldn't help but think of you board guys when we started the second one: The Not So Jolly Roger.

Jen

Post Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:43 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

WTF Shel  Reply with quote  

Wow,... Shel S. is one twisted fuck...
And to think... this is the guy that wrote The Giving Tree

Post Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:10 pm   
abbynormal92243

I have something for y'all  Reply with quote  

http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?abbynormal92243

Post Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:29 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
KatarinaNavane

I grew up on Uncle Shelby's ABZs...mayb that's why i'm so twisted....

http://katarinanavane.deviantart.com

http://katarinanavane.etsy.com

Post Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:20 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
stazy

Shel is my hero.  Reply with quote  

On a similiar theme....
Have you ever seen Creepy Suzie by Oblong
Guess What by Mem Fox
or my personal favorite Captain Slaughterboard Drops Anchor, which true to all those stories about pirates, has a pirate captain retire and set up house keeping with an androgynous yellow creature who wears an apron and feeds him bananas.

Post Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:07 am   View user's profile Send private message
jaandlu

Re: I have something for y'all  Reply with quote  

abbynormal92243 wrote:
http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?abbynormal92243

Well wow let's see what this is.

Aaaahhh! No not my brains!

OK every one watch out for abbynormal92243.

Post Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:41 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: