Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Compound
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jo

Location: Near here, on Tuesdays, but just on the days that end with nth. Like 3nth.

I'll fetch the compound car! Shocked

[img][/img]

Post Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:22 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Hillary

My nominations.  Reply with quote  

for the compound staff:

a Messiah/Minister of Impending Doom - Kurt. I just think he'd be dandy giving us all the important doom-like updates.

a Compund Den Mother - SaraLeigh, because - well - I refuse to give up the Diva position. (I'm such a brat)

a Grand High Poobah of Recreational Therapy - Timmy, cause he might kill us otherwise. Or cry. I'm not sure which would be worse.

one "Bible" thumper (subtitute any CM book for "Bible") - Lib. She's the ultimate fan girl.

Someone who can Spell - Lauren cause she spells reel gud.

one Principled Pragmatist - mister (you know why)

no less than three Hippie-chick-aspects of Fate - Lara, Smartnfunny, and Jo. They're hip enough to pull this off with aplomb. I'd be pretty content adding Deb and Jillybeans here, too.

one Chef/Secretary of Defense - Thinkinsane. He tosses lunatics around for a living. He'd be swell at defending our compound.

One Foreign Ambassador - Unc. He's in France. That counts as foreign enough.

Knight Protector of the Funny - FattyFattyPorkFace. With a name like that, how can we go wrong?

several Marauding Minstrels - Katie, Robb, and Dave S (I believe) would all do really well here.

one conscientous objector/Muhammad Ali - Becky? You up for this? I'm not sure where else to put you. You get to beat shit up a lot. That's definitely a plus.

someone with a good Jack Pallance impression - And I'm drawing a blank here. I mean, we've got two actors among us, but I'm not sure how talented Argonaut and Q are in the Jack Palance department.

one Diva of Decadence - Yeah, thaz me baby. I'm am THE ultimate Diva. At least, that's what I tell myself to sleep at night.

one Refined Gentleman - Ferrit Leggings. He crosses me as the type.

one Misantrhopic Medic - Hrmm. Any doctors or nurses in the bunch? No? John's the closest we've got then. He WORKS in a hospital. That's enough, right?

We need a few more positions, mister. Tal and Alan need jobs. Not to mention Dave, Katy O, and earthshoes. Get cracking.

Last edited by Hillary on Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:02 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Lib

Weeping softly with gratitude.  Reply with quote  

Quote:
Posted by Hillary: one "Bible" thumper (subtitute any CM book for "Bible") - Lib. She's the ultimate fan girl.

I'm touched that I've been one of the chosen, since I just discovered CM this spring. I can't believe I've reached such an exalted status so quickly (and to think my ex-mother-in-law thought I'd never amount too much).
***wipes the tear that excapes, as she bombards other websites with the words, "Get your butt offline, get to a bookstore and buy a book of the most ultimate Author Guy"***
Go in peace. Now, where did I put that sword?

Post Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:55 pm   View user's profile Send private message
mister

furthermore:

one Groundskeeper Willy
a Puck Bunny - the fairy kind, not the hockey kind-
Special Agent In Charge of Fire and Pinatas
a Greeter
an Interior Desecrator/Martha Stewar
someone who can identify with Run DMC AND Christian Scientists
a Patron Saint of Exaggerated Agriculture
one Choreo-animator
someone with Panache (since that's close enough to Pallance for me)
one Sinister Carny
one Dexter Riddler
someone to wear all the overalls
someone who knows what they're doing
one Canadian Junkie
One Tibetan boozehound "Fear the swarthy!"
Frank Lloyd Wright
one Disembodied Brain-- complete with jar of brain pudding
a Winged Walrus
a carpenter. Barring that, Jesus.

Now that I've suggested that we might need Jesus to join us in our compound, I can safely shut my trap and never open it again.

Post Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:51 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Ferrit Leggings

Quote:
one Refined Gentleman - Ferrit Leggings. He crosses me as the type.

Why Thank You. I have the foil on my head right now.

Ta,

Post Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:36 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Jillybeans

I am sitting here with a grateful tear in my eye, Hillary for the inclusion and I want to say as a hippie chick, since I do remember the 60s and took my SATs in 1968 I'd be proud and honored to act as a backup.

Did you remember to include in that list of jobs you might just need a
psychopharmocologist that was deft with peashooters and swords to shoot meds with a chaser of pizza into the gaping beaks of the inmates. Oh wait a minute ... that was an apothecary ... wasn't it? Laughing

Post Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:47 am   View user's profile Send private message
kjs237

Hey!  Reply with quote  

I want to join the compound too! I kind of need a job right now and I think I'd make a great Special Agent In Charge of Fire and Pinatas. I like fire and I know how to make Pinatas with balloons and papier-mâché. To whom do I address my resume for this position? I've got a stack of em right here.

I also play a mean Kazoo. Maybe I could double as a Minstrel?

Post Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:21 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
smartnfunnyfem

Location: West Chicago, IL (about 35 miles west of Chicago to be precise)
Re: My nominations.  Reply with quote  

Hillary wrote:
for the compound staff:

no less than three Hippie-chick-aspects of Fate - Lara, Smartnfunny, and Jo. They're hip enough to pull this off with aplomb. I'd be pretty content adding Deb and Jillybeans here, too.

I was 9 in 1969...I don't even remember wearing bell-bottoms or tie-die. But thanks for the inclusion. Can I just be the "Compound Layabout"? My dream job would be to sit around and read. Maybe once in a while I can read aloud to you guys...I'm not promising that, mind you, just hinting at the possibility so you'll hire me.

This compound is situated in a tropical locale, right? I am not living with all of you freaks unless there is SOME kind of payoff!

Post Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:39 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Hillary

I wasn't thinking the 60's funktastic  Reply with quote  

beaded ladies.

I'm thinking peace loving groovy chicks, smart. I think you'd be perfect. You could read all day AND be groovy.

Post Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:58 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Blarg

has the position of sinister carny been taken? Twisted Evil

Post Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:22 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger ICQ Number
smartnfunnyfem

Location: West Chicago, IL (about 35 miles west of Chicago to be precise)
I can do "groovy"!  Reply with quote  

Yeah baby, yeah!

Post Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:00 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
John

Quote:
one Misantrhopic Medic - Hrmm. Any doctors or nurses in the bunch? No? John's the closest we've got then. He WORKS in a hospital. That's enough, right?

Alright! Let's get cracking (chest cracking, that is)!

I need 60 cc of 45% ethanol in lactated ringers, STAT! Preferably mixed with some liquid soaked and carbonated with cinchona bark and some frozen di-hydrogen oxide.

Don't worry, I'll be drinking this while wearing my "Down With People" t-shirt to fulfill my misanthropic obligations.

Also, I think we should nominate Sutu for the job of disembodied psychic presence at the compound.

Post Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:07 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jo

Location: Near here, on Tuesdays, but just on the days that end with nth. Like 3nth.
Re: I wasn't thinking the 60's funktastic  Reply with quote  

Hillary wrote:
beaded ladies.

I'm thinking peace loving groovy chicks, smart. I think you'd be perfect. You could read all day AND be groovy.

Can I wear rose colored glasses and say " I am the LAW dammit, be kind to the mercats"?

Post Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:55 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Think insane.

Re: I wasn't thinking the 60's funktastic  Reply with quote  

Jo wrote:

Can I wear rose colored glasses and say " I am the LAW dammit, be kind to the mercats"?

No you certainly may not!

thinkinsane at mac dot com
AIM: thinkpsychotic

Post Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:56 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jo

OK... How 'bout "be kind to the Canadian or go blow goats" ?

Post Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:02 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: