Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

The origins of your user name.
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Think insane.

The origins of your user name.  Reply with quote  

Those of you that use your real name, well, that's sorta self-evident. But for the rest of us, what made you pick your user name?

I was trying to register for another forum, and every name I tried was taken already. At the time, this was my desktop picture ("wallpaper" for you windoze types):

And thus I became known as Think insane. A Joker and Harley influenced knock off of the Think different. ads.

What's your deal?

thinkinsane at mac dot com
AIM: thinkpsychotic

Last edited by Think insane. on Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:27 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ferrit Leggings

Arrow

Last edited by Ferrit Leggings on Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:00 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Tal

Tal is short for Talon - a nickname I originally got in the SCA for my swordsmanship (especially with an offhand dagger).

Post Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:45 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
John

John is actually an acronym for

Just
One
Hairy
Neanderthal

You see, I am quite hirsute. I am often mistaken for the missing link or a small bear when I don't wear a shirt. I spend a fortune on plumbers because of all the hair that goes down the drain.

My real name is Raymond Luxury Yacht. Don't get fooled by the spelling, it's actually pronounced Throat Warbler Mangrove.*

Signed,
A Loony (Mrs.)

*Sending a shout out to my boys in Monty Python

Post Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:49 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jillybeans

Re: The origins of your user name.  Reply with quote  

Think insane. wrote:
Those of you that use your real name, well, that's sorta self-evident. But for the rest of us, what made you pick your user name?

I was trying to register for another forum, and every name I tried was taken already. At the time, this was my desktop picture ("wallpaper" for you windoze types):

And thus I became known as Think insane. A Joker and Harley influenced knock off of the Think different. ads.

What's your deal?

Jillybeans? He asks never knowing what kind of an answer he'll get. Poor unsuspecting guy we have to come to know and love anyway. It's a nickname that has cursed me throughout the eternity called life. I answer to Jill and never my street legal name. My first name? I'm not telling. How are you John, Ferrit and TI.

Post Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:32 am   View user's profile Send private message
FattyFattyPorkFace

My most flattering of names originates from the lips of a beautiful young lady friend of mine who works in my local pub. One saturday afternoon I went to speak to her and noticed as I headed towards her that she was enjoying a packet of Bacon Fries; a lovely savoury corn snack. I attempted to sneak one or two from her grasp for my own unhealthy consumption when I was spotted in sneaking pose about 3 feet from my target. She uttered some words to berate my advances towards her snack and titled me Fatty Fatty Pork Face in a jovial manner.

I answer to Jeff, tho.

Post Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:46 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
abbynormal92243

More information than you asked for....  Reply with quote  

I took my name from the film, "Young Frankenstein"--the actual phrase Igor uses is "Abby-Someone", of course, but I like this one.

My first online moniker was Derouchia, an old French family name. People kept shortening it to Der, which made my teeth grate, so I shortened it to Roosh. I combined it with a name I used as a counselor eons ago at summer camp, and came up with my Yahoo ID, Cinnamonaroo.

Post Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:06 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
the evil shannon b

I began using my nomiker after I first heard the cowbell in "Don't Fear the Reaper" by Blue Oyster Cult.

I had a fever, and the only prescription was MORE cowbell...

---

"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!"
- Bruce Dickinson

Post Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:45 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Dave

Boring story: my parents named me David. I shortened it to Dave.

Post Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:17 pm   View user's profile Send private message
not normal

mine's pretty self evident...if one knew me... Laughing

Post Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:16 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Woof!

I called someone who works in the cube next to mine. I yelled at him for sending me wrong documents. He said, "woof woof woof," and threw a Beanie Baby dog over the wall.

That's about it.

Post Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:57 am   View user's profile Send private message
Nicknameless

Mine's easy. In high school a bunch of friends, unbeknownst to me, decided to get shirts made up to celebrate our friendship (I know, it makes me gag too and no, there was not a single Heather amongst us). Everyone got their nickname put on the back but as my name is thoroughly unexciting (Christina Elizabeth Holzer; unless your Canadian, which none of us are, and turn Holzer into Hozer, there ain't much material there) and I have no signature "thing," I became the proud recipient of the "Nicknameless" shirt.

It is a proud moment in a young girl's life when her girlfriends since childhood turn to her and say, "Uh, well, you're just kind of too weird for a nickname."

-Christina

Post Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:35 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Woof!

Nicknameless wrote:
Christina Elizabeth Holzer
-Christina

Ch + El + Ho = Chelho

I'd call you Strings.

Were you into bondage or a world class cats cradle champion, it'd be high comedy.

Post Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:17 pm   View user's profile Send private message
creepy

i got my name from my kitty.

Post Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:32 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Hillary

why is that cat crying?

Post Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:40 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: