Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

The origins of your user name.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Katy O

The cat picture is too funny.

The "O" in my screen name is from my maiden name, O'Reilly. I can then claim Irishness as the reason for my bad temper when I don't get my way. "I'm not a bitch -- I'm Irish!" Twisted Evil

Post Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:49 am   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Sara Leigh

Hillary wrote:
why is that cat crying?

It's not crying. Just didn't want a picture taken.

Post Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:03 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
creepy

creepy was sleepy, and maybe a bit shy.

Post Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:18 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
sgt_steve

Source of the sarge  Reply with quote  

Sgt. Steve is called that because he's a member of the Dorsai Irregulars. We do volunteer work as security at specialty conventions, including SF, Fantasy, Mythology, etc. I was president of the group for a while. When I stepped down they asked me to keep running the meetings because like an old sergeant, I can keep the troops in line.

Post Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:55 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
jewbacca

Jewbacca cause my mom's jewish so that makes me a jew and who doesnt like star wars?

Post Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:54 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
sgt_steve

Love your avatar photo.

Post Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:09 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
jewbacca

Thanks Ferrit Leggings found it

Post Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:11 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
i8tokyo

Godzilla...

I was a doorman at a bar for a number of years where I developed a trick involving alcohol and a bic lighter. My nickname Godzilla was born... Anyway, I have a new house now and have promised not to do that trick again.

-"Some people are like slinkies--they are good for nothing, but can still bring a smile to your face by throwing them down a flight of stairs."

Post Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:47 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Lloydface

i have alot of nicknames, usually given to me by girls who think the hairy thing is cute. I have a hairy belly and chest, and yet am 16. So i have names like bear and ted (as in teddy).
Lloydface sticks out like some strange appendage in my list of names. Sara, my wonderful swedish friend used to call me it and still does on occasion. She used to say, "Hey you with the face" before she knew me but then she knew my name so it became Lloydface.
LMAO at the crying cat.

Post Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:09 pm   View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
kidzlibrarian

avatar ramblings  Reply with quote  

I actually signed up here awhile ago under Jamierose but just lurked. Then I read a few more Moores and began posting wildly. I forgot that I had already signed up and used kidzlibrarian which I use for various listservs, for self evident reasons. My real name is Helen but when I was a kid I thought Helen sounded like an old maiden aunt so being a tomboy I told everyone my name was Jamie. I just liked it. This sparked my brother Steven to call himself Howie and my cousin Aaron to call himself Mick. I was using my step-father's last name because we were living with him and I was tired of having to explain why I had a different last name from my parents. So my school records have different names on them depending on the year. I remember going to summer camp when I was 13 and after a week my counselor told me that I wasn't supposed to be there, I wasn't registered. She asked me if I knew anything about a girl named Helen who was registered but hadn't shown up. I used the name Jamie Beaumont for seven years before I decided I had grown into my real name and really was an old maiden aunt. I still use the name Jamie with old friends. I decided a few years ago that my alter identity needed a middle name so now it's Jamie Rose Beaumont. No, I don't have multiple personality disorder, just didn't like the name my parents picked. I thought it would make a good pseudonym, Jamie Beaumont. Just got to write and publish a book, I guess.

Post Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:38 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
lisa

Fell into a chat room with my real name in the early years and was stormed with pms.I went out thought a bit and came back as lisa. Much better since then.

Post Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:47 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ArgonautFleecey

Well, my real name is Jason Fliess. The last name is pronounced "Fleece." In Greek myth, Jason, captain of the Argonauts, went on a quest for the Golden Fleece. So that's where Argonaut came from.

Some friends of mine back home call me Fleecey. I don't know why. So that's where Fleecey came from.

Hence: ArgonautFleecey

Check out my blog!

Post Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:13 am   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Blarg

Blarg is just my word to describe my general unsatisfaction/dismay/whatever 'blah' feeling i have.

I was actually going to register as Lost Sanity, but it was too close to Think Insane's name.

Post Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:51 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger ICQ Number
KatarinaNavane

Katarina Ariadne Navane is my all purpose pseudonym. Katarina is from Taming of the Shrew, Ariadne is from greek mythology. I thought I made up the name Navane, but it turns out it's a drug for schitzophrenia. That makes it kind of ironic for the name of my alter ego, eh? lol
Anyway, Katarina Ariadne Navane doesn't fit into most screenname thingies, so I just use the first and last names.

http://katarinanavane.deviantart.com

http://katarinanavane.etsy.com

Post Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:47 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
y

well....I was as inventive or creative as some of you were with coming up with your names. 'y' is the fist letter of my first name...so I used it. Mr. Green

Post Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:46 am   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: