Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

The origins of your user name.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Deive

I use a book called 'dictionary of gods and goddesses, devils and demons'. Deive is a lithuanian appellation for divinity. with the coming of christianity the word came to mean heathen deity or a fairy.

Post Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:08 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Whore_Of_Mensa

LostInWalmart wrote:
Whore_Of_Mensa wrote:
The Whore of Mensa is a short story written by woody allen.

Whore...hie thee to the new member questionnaires...strip thee down and sit thine tuchus on a stack of books. Ready the pie.

and welcome.

LIW

...LIW dearest, where would those be?

...Oh Jeez. I am such a n00b. I'll just go and search meself. I IS CABAPLBE!
...I was totally joking about the lack of grammar part. Just so's all y'all know.

Post Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:23 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
jetgoddess

Hey Deive, I think I have the same book---awesome book isn't it.

My very favorite movie of all time is West Side Story and the Jets were my first love. Over time I have embraced the Sharks as well, but the Jets---well as you know, when you're a Jet, you're a Jet all the way......................sorry.

Post Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:30 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
LostInWalmart

only from your first cigarette to your last dying day.

just sayin.

Post Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:56 pm   View user's profile Send private message
UnimportantLime

OMFG. I love West Side Story.

You two guys are my heros now.

Post Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:08 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Deive

Ty Jet I love the book. I use it to pick out my world of warcraft toons names too.

Post Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:09 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
jetgoddess

Deive, very cool. I have used the book for screenname ideas etc as well. I love mythology which of course is how I was drawn to Coyote Blues in the first place and the rest is history.

Lime and Lost, nice to hook up with some fellow Jets here (or Sharks, or Krupkes, we're all family). Do you have preference for stage or screen version or both (don't laugh, I go to a site where that has been a huge debate and folks got into warring cliques over which version they preferred).

Post Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:11 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
robli

Mine is just a nickname my husband calls me.
My name is Robin...

Post Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:31 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Deive

Jet - ty
Robli - that's sweet Smile

Post Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:57 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
robli

Thanks, Deive =0)

Post Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:15 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
EagleMorph

EagleMorph = Eagle (bird, not golf shot) + Morph (short for Morpheus, both Greek God and The Matrix origins apply).

Post Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:38 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Katterfelto

Because I've recently embraced my ginormous nerd status, I chose the name of an 18th century magician that I study.

Ladies and Gentlemen - He's a contradiction in terms, he's the wielder of powerful phosphorous medicines, he magnifies micro-organisms to the horror of women with sensitive constitutions, he's got a black cat that once turned a man into a turtle much to the delight of his nine-year old son, he's ... Katterfelto.

He's just about as absurd as any CM character, and with nearly as much schutzpah.

Although I have not been accused of starting any plagues (yet), I'm probably just as shady, given the proper milieu.

Post Thu May 31, 2007 10:00 am   View user's profile Send private message
Tortured Artist

The origin of my name is that I am an artist who gets little to no recognition. I am not that good at drawing but I do write, and do origami as well as painting and I have escaped death a few times. So that makes me an artist right ? Also I dont know half of my family and am always in therapy to keep people and I from killing one another.

(no I am not ROM she is a weirdo...but still my friend.)

but other than that it was on a shirt from a web comic I saw. I thought "how fitting" and decided to apply it to my screen name.

Post Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:53 pm   View user's profile Send private message
leprrkan

My name  Reply with quote  

Well, it's almost as obvious as using my real name (which happens to be Jenn): I'm short and I'm Irish, by decent. When I tried to get the actual spelling of leprechaun, it was in use, so I gangsta-styled it. I've also been known as "mumbles" and "socket" at various times, but I prefer the leprrkan moniker. Neat idea for a post Razz

- "Bones"

Post Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:57 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lawlis42

Lawlis is my last name and as for 42...well, if I you don't know, then I'm not gonna tell you - unless you ask me.

leprrkan - I like "mumbles" personally. Maybe we should start a thread about the nicknames given to us by others? That could be funny.

Post Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:02 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: